The Answer is headed to Detroit

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
I personally have mixed feelings about the trade. It could be good in the short run for Denver as they have a true PG to compliment Melo. I also think the Pistons get some explosive offense but now lack leadership come the playoffs.

Fun to watch

i think billups has been the heart of that team that has done so well in Detroit, i think thier gettin a little spoiled but what do i know... I like AI though and it will be fun to watch... Also i know Billups went to CU so he might be happy being back with colorado roots

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Wow its hard to believe that the core of the pistons is now broken....prince, wallace, rip, and billups were together (no homo) for so long. I think iverson can fit in nice in detroit...i look forward to seein them play. I think the nuggets still need more before they can compete with some of the best teams in the west.

This means more minutes for maxiell, who i think is ready for big minutes. KG has a tough time against him and i think he should be matched up with KG instead of Rasheed wallace, who is gettin old and hes overrated. I was dissapointed with how poorly he played last year against the celtics in the playoffs.

paris401

Starter
the pistons are rebuilding... i like iverson (a lot), but u are not winning with him...his time has passed... and his contract is up this year... yep rebuilding... preparing for the lebron/wade/bosh sweeptakes next year. smart gm... why do we always get the bottom of the barrel... 1st its the mormon (layden), then the moron (thomas), and now the senile...

JayJ44

Starter
I think Detroit can win a championship this year. They needed some more offense and AI provides that. This is probably AI's last chance to win a championship, so he'll be determined to do well. For Denver, they get a good point guard who can facilitate all the scorers on that team. I like this trade.

Kiyaman

Legend
A.I ($20 million) along with Sheed ($13 million) will clear lots of cap space, along with Hamilton having 2 more years at 11 million could be an easy contract to move in the off-season. Summing that all up Pistons can make a big splash this off-season or the next. The future is bright for the Pistons having Prince, Stucky and Maxiwell; place that with Lebron or any other two superstar free- agent the Pistons can be dangerous

clumsy

Rotation player
right now should be also trying to move players...to detroit.

Marbury + Zach + Lee or Chandler for AI + sheed?

Kiyaman

Legend
During Joe Dumars tour with Detroit he has made the Pistons an above average Playoff team with a Championship Trophy.
And with this AI trade he will have a "2009 Plan" to go after Boozer, J.O'Neal, or even Lee..... Dumars could also go after the big boys with a "2010-Plan".

This is the type of competition Donnie Walsh would have to go against if he had a "2010-Plan".

JayJ44

Starter
During Joe Dumars tour with Detroit he has made the Pistons an above average Playoff team with a Championship Trophy.
And with this AI trade he will have a "2009 Plan" to go after Boozer, J.O'Neal, or even Lee..... Dumars could also go after the big boys with a "2010-Plan".

This is the type of competition Donnie Walsh would have to go against if he had a "2010-Plan".

I think Dumars is the best GM in the league. He's not afraid to take risks and has built an extremely successful team through trades and good drafting. I wish Isiah could of learned from his old teammate.

Paul1355

All Star
Iverson, Hamilton, Prince....damn that is a very experienced and scary back court.

Problem is who will always shoot the ball? Iverson puts up a lot of attempts and Hamilton was the main scorer on the team. Might be Iverson and Carmelo all over again. Only difference is Prince and Rasheed getting some shots in.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
dont be suprised if the Pistons make a comeback to the NBA Finals oly this time people will be watching not only becasue of A.I gunning for his first championship but also cause they will be fun to watch with there offense and there defense is pretty damn good

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
I hope the pistons can do it....well anyone but the celtics. But im not sold on this...Some things tell me it was a good move and some things tell me it was bad. Mcdyess was big last year in the playoffs, if it wasnt for him the pistons might had been swept. AI is one of my favorite players but i question how much defense he can play, or was denver just the wrong system for him?

WiL8000

Rotation player
Wow what a move for Dumars! I think Allen Iverson is a great fit in Detroit and will make them more competitive in the playoffs. I wonder if they'll end up resigning the McDyess after Denver buys out his contract. Inevitably they'll run into Cleveland and what a matchup that will be. Boston will definitely have a tougher road to the finals.

Billups will also be a better fit in Denver, he's one of the best PG's in the league hands down.

metrocard

Legend
Good deal for both teams.

Detroit
Iverson
Hamilton
Prince
Maxiell
Wallace

Denver
Billups
Smith
Anthony
Martin
Nene

Billups is everything Denver needed, 3pt range, perimeter defense, leadership etc...Billups is a local guy too. Cool move.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
yea i liked the teams its one of the few even trades i can remember in recent history. the Nuggets get the shoot and leadership they desperatly needed and the Pistons get that scorer and superstar the desperatly needed

i still thing the conference chip is Cleveland's...only a matter of time till LeBrons starts playing like LeBron