Votes: 3 8.1%
  • Buy him out

Votes: 8 21.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

King Ewing

Banned
STFU, your from FL, you have no idea whats happenin

Thats your response to me? After I just laid down why Marbury sucks and why our teams suck with him on it. You Marbury lovers have no clue what you are saying anymore, I hope all of you guys leave with him when he's gone.

And for the record I am from Long Island and now live in Florida. I still read the post, and the daily news. I also have MSG and SNY.

TunerAddict

Starter
Who are you to say who is a role model? You go around telling people they can't down talk another person on who they think is better or not but here you are doing the same hypocrite.

Athletes such as Stephon Marbury do things out side of basketball towards his community and for the fans and that alone could be considered something to look up to, so check your self before you make incriminating statements.

???

I clearly explained the difference. Athletes are not role models. That play a game. That is not a real life thing. Real people do not play a sport for a living.

Nothing self incriminating about what I said...

You guys really should see a psychiatrist though....Eveything anyone ever says somehow is misconstrued as a slight against Marbury. I said in by post hes done good. But that is ignored.

In the end, I'm not the one with what could be seen as clear homoerotic fascinations with a person whom you don't know and have ever met.

Funny how everyone talks about how wonderful Stephon is when you don't know him. How do you know? Everyone does charity. Doesn't necessarily make them a good person. Weird how people can believe all these things about him when they dont know him, have never met or even talked to him, and thus have no idea about him whatsoever except for what they read.

You can't argue either way. You can only use evidence to support you IDEA on who he is. You really don't have a clue on who he really is.

King Ewing

Banned
Man, f*(k you. Who the f*(k you think you are saying that Duhon's better than Marbury? You can't even spell "duhan." That's how much he sucks.

And Yes I'd rather have Duhon running the point then Marbury. If we are talking about And 1 street ball I'd take Marbury, but this is the NBA, so I'd take Duhon 100 times over.

And I guess Mike D'Antoni would do the same. :shrug:

TunerAddict

Starter
Thats your response to me? After I just laid down why Marbury sucks and why our teams suck with him on it. You Marbury lovers have no clue what you are saying anymore, I hope all of you guys leave with him when he's gone.

And for the record I am from Long Island and now live in Florida. I still read the post, and the daily news. I also have MSG and SNY.

Don't take him seriously, he is an idiot. Discriminating against someone who is from a different area is just like judging someone on race or religion. Really it kinda shows him to be a xenophobe...

But then again...no ever claimed ABCD was intelligent or fair...We all knew him to be a biased P.O.S.

jimkcchief88

All Star
Another Marbury debate: booring. I thought this was a game thread. Can we talk about players who are not on the inactive list. My thoughts the game which is cool because my free league pass is still working:

1. Great 2nd quarter by Nate Robb. WOW!!!

2. Great second half by Jamal.

3. Duhon with the timely jumper and defense.

4. Nate Robb on the Boards.

5. Lee with the energy

I wouldn't call the second unit "better" than the starters, but its a different energy level. Chandler looks like the best post player on the team at this point and the best "athelete." What a block pinning weak lay-ups on the board.

Negatives:

1. Augustine would have looked great in a Knicks uniform. He was on the board at #6 and we picked the "Cock"? What were we thinking??? Like I said on draft day we should have bought Steph out back then and drafted a point in the first round. Speaking of the "Cock," is he hurt or something??? Oh I got it, the "Cock" gets no "Clock." Way to early to say bust, but lets just say the "Cock" probably won't be winning "Rookie of the Year."

2. Let em back in the game again. This team has trouble putting teams away, but this squad probably is not all that good in the first place.

Still the Knicks line-up is stacked with exciting young players and are probably one legit All-Star away to a force to be reckoned with. Lebron....

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
You are the bggest baby on this site. You sit on your pedestal like you are some god when you aren't shit. That guys opinion is just as valid as yours. You have NO right to tell him to shut the **** up and talk down to him like that. But then again....you're the pussy too afraid to write the word **** out.....
Aw, I made you look stupid, so you had to repeat the exact same thing as before. Please, we all know you're a loser that wants to gain reputation on this site by getting into other people's business. Only a baby would be ignorant enough to believe Mardy Collins is good, or that it is a valid argument to say Duhon is better than Marbury.

Saying Duhon is better than Marbury is like saying Speedy Claxton is better than Andre Miller.

Saying Mardy Collins is good is like saying Dan Grunfeld is good.

I don't care about the garbage that comes out of your mouth. In fact, very few people care. Most people, including myself, find you to be one of the worst posters on this site.

You get on me for defending a 2x All Star with 4 playoff appearances and a Bronze Medal, and you defend a shooting guard with no jump shot like Collins? lmao

SMH @ ignorant posters like Mardy COllins, I mean tuneraddict.

GetRealistic

Starter
Aw, I made you look stupid, so you had to repeat the exact same thing as before. Please, we all know you're a loser that wants to gain reputation on this site by getting into other people's business. Only a baby would be ignorant enough to believe Mardy Collins is good, or that it is a valid argument to say Duhon is better than Marbury.

Saying Duhon is better than Marbury is like saying Speedy Claxton is better than Andre Miller.

I don't care about the garbage that comes out of your mouth. In fact, very few people care. Most people, including myself, find you to be one of the worst posters on this site.

You get on me for defending a 2x All Star with 4 playoff appearances and a Bronze Medal, and you defend a shooting guard with no jump shot like Collins? lmao

ABCD you are 100 % no doubt the worst poster on this site by far. You make me miss NYKnicks126. Christ you are just so ignorant, basketball discussions are an arbitrary thing where it is fully based on OPINIONS. Meaning your opinion (especially your opinion) has no greater value then the opinion of any other poster. You?re so brainwashed by the fact that MSG backs you up that you get off by trying to be an internet tough guy and it?s played out and lame. Get some new material, or better yet be more like your idol Stephon Marbury and become inactive on this site.

Can somebody with an unbiased basketball opinion tell me how Chris Duhon played a bad game tonight? He set up his teammates, played defense, pushed the tempo, and had only one turnover in 39 minutes. That?s a pretty nice night if you ask me. Duhon is never going to average 20 points because he is a pass first point guard. We have plenty of guys who can put the ball in the basket we just need a point guard to facilitate the offense. And when we do want to put a point guard in the lineup that can create his own offense we insert Nate Robinson.

And hey don't bother responding with your tired Marbury rant about how good he is and how he deserves to play because I don't care and don't want to hear it. Also I got a hint for you don't celebrate the fact that he won a bronze medal. Especially when the team he won a bronze medal for was one of the greatest disgraces in American basketball history.

But hey bag on Duhon, Collins, Gallinari and anybody else on the roster if you feel it justifies your belief that Marbury is a great player but the fact remains that the Stephon Marbury era has come and gone. And despite the great 4 game playoff sweep you speak so fondly of the Stephon Marbury era will be remembered as an era of losing and embarrassment.

Also I like the stats under your signature so much I decided to add some of my own.

richtree

Rotation player
Conclusion from that game...

Bobcats have so much talent and do nothing with it....

they are actually worse off than the Knicks...

Knicks got some energy back....but how many nights can you bank of Nate having a spectacular 2nd quarter to spark us ?

Lastly, the Knicks blew a lead again....I thought Mikey D should have made some moves to stop the Bobcats., and the shot selection by the Knicks in last 5mins was horrible....

there is NO leadership on the floor...

Knicks didn't win this game....they were the lesser of the 2 bad teams...

the knicks really haven't played one 4th quarter well yet, even in there wins or the preseason...

Mikey D (I was so happy to have him here )
-since the signing he has done much to show me things are better....

Knicks 2-2 (we will see , i guess)

TunerAddict

Starter

Its funny how you bring marbury up when I NEVER mentioned him...

Got his dick on the brain?

KBlack25

Starter
ABCD you are 100 % no doubt the worst poster on this site by far. You make me miss NYKnicks126. Christ you are just so ignorant, basketball discussions are an arbitrary thing where it is fully based on OPINIONS. Meaning your opinion (especially your opinion) has no greater value then the opinion of any other poster. You?re so brainwashed by the fact that MSG backs you up that you get off by trying to be an internet tough guy and it?s played out and lame. Get some new material, or better yet be more like your idol Stephon Marbury and become inactive on this site.

Can somebody with an unbiased basketball opinion tell me how Chris Duhon played a bad game tonight? He set up his teammates, played defense, pushed the tempo, and had only one turnover in 39 minutes. That?s a pretty nice night if you ask me. Duhon is never going to average 20 points because he is a pass first point guard. We have plenty of guys who can put the ball in the basket we just need a point guard to facilitate the offense. And when we do want to put a point guard in the lineup that can create his own offense we insert Nate Robinson.

And hey don't bother responding with your tired Marbury rant about how good he is and how he deserves to play because I don't care and don't want to hear it. Also I got a hint for you don't celebrate the fact that he won a bronze medal. Especially when the team he won a bronze medal for was one of the greatest disgraces in American basketball history.

But hey bag on Duhon, Collins, Gallinari and anybody else on the roster if you feel it justifies your belief that Marbury is a great player but the fact remains that the Stephon Marbury era has come and gone. And despite the great 4 game playoff sweep you speak so fondly of the Stephon Marbury era will be remembered as an era of losing and embarrassment.

Also I like the stats under your signature so much I decided to add some of my own.

Agreed, I find it funny that Marbury fans on this site back up Marbury by saying he's done everything asked of him this year (which we've heard last year, and the year before that...) but when Duhon does what's asked of him as a point guard (that means ball distribution, servicable defense and the like) fans here still hate on him.

Look you can diss Duhon all you want but just because you think Duhon is bad doesn't mean neccessarily that Marbury is good. Walt "Clyde" Frazier, whom I regard highly in terms of his analysis and understanding of the game, even said that Duhon played well despite his stats not being jump off of the page. Here's what the important stat is in terms of Duhon: 4 Knicks with more that 15 points last night. That means the ball is being distributed well by the point guard, everyone is getting touches and everyone is scoring, something that would NOT happen in the Marbury offense. Does that make the Marbury offense worse? No, it doesn't. But you wouldn't see 4 Knicks with more than 15 points with Marbury running the point.

Furthermore, Duhon shot 3/4 last night, he isn't taking a ton of shots but last night he hit 75% of the ones he took, indicating better shot selection and ball movement when a good shot isn't available to him. Stephon Marbury does not do this either.

I mean you can keep criticizing Duhon all you want, the beauty of America is that we have the right to express our opinions, but calling one group or the other "stupid" because of their opinion (especially when Duhon had a nice game last night) is in and of itself "stupid". No opinions are wrong, and nobody is "stupid" for having an opinion different from yours.

naterob4

Benchwarmer
dang u guys really are haters on marbury. I mean duhon was the worst guard on a chicago team that has 0 perimeter shooting, how the hell could he be better then starbury? And mardy collins,,,, another horrible move by the knicks when we couldve left his ass out and drafted marcus williams with balkman. hes so horrible theres no need to even go there. I mean anyone who thinks Marbuy couldnt vastly improve this team is dead wrong. If were building to the future great, idk but i would have figured teaching our players how to win would be the most help. Duhon is a slow, no defense, no shooting player that belongs riding the pine like he has his whole career.

Dont like where were headed honestly, Augustine= wat we needed and duhon signing just shows that we may be lost for at least 2 more years.

KBlack25

Starter
dang u guys really are haters on marbury. I mean duhon was the worst guard on a chicago team that has 0 perimeter shooting, how the hell could he be better then starbury? And mardy collins,,,, another horrible move by the knicks when we couldve left his ass out and drafted marcus williams with balkman. hes so horrible theres no need to even go there. I mean anyone who thinks Marbuy couldnt vastly improve this team is dead wrong. If were building to the future great, idk but i would have figured teaching our players how to win would be the most help. Duhon is a slow, no defense, no shooting player that belongs riding the pine like he has his whole career.

Dont like where were headed honestly, Augustine= wat we needed and duhon signing just shows that we may be lost for at least 2 more years.

Well I have a question for you: Would this team win the championship with Marbury as the PG everything else being equal? Certainly not. Will Marbury be wearing a Knicks jersey next year whether he plays or not? Definitely not...So if the team is rebuilding, what would you prefer, your young guys like Chandler to get used to a supporting role on an offense by playing with Marbury, who would take control of the court, get a draft pick in the teens and get a marginal player OR would you prefer that your young guys get used to playing together, taking on more of a leadership role, get those guys experience in being a leader and taking control of the game, guys who are going to be around next year and get a decent lottery pick (perhaps around 5-9)?

naterob4

Benchwarmer
Good point....but... Say we hadnt picked up duhon. Marbuy isnt looking to score 20 points anymore. What he will do is penetrate and create shots. This is what we lack on offense and duhon really has no place here. Chandler, nate, jamal, and zach would stilll get there shots and probly not have to take as many bad ones. the only viable argument would be getting a lottery pick, but who wants to throw our season away just to get the 6th pick instead of the 10th. Let marbs play out his season and leave at least a few good memories for the player who had to be the laughing stock during a patheticly managed, coached, and owned team. Not saying he doesnt deserve some of it, but to continuasly make him the scapegoat shows the state this franchise is in.
P.S- if we draft a top 3 player in this next draft (ricky rubio please) then the starbury benching may have been worth it, although we couldve just drafted augustine and cut marbury monthes ago ill leave it there

nyk_nyk

All Star
I've said it before and i'll say it again. I believe the benching situation has a lot to do with getting a high lottery pick. D'Antoni can't possibly have that much of a problem with Marbury. How the hell does Mardy Collins fit into future plans or even Malik Rose??? For goodness sake Jerome James even suits up!!!!! Steph is arguably the best player on the team and even if you are moving forward with the team you still have your best player active for the sake of generating more wins.**

The team looks ok on some nights but ultimately their not that good yet, however, we do have some promising young players (not including Mardy, Duhon or Robeson)

**Does D'Antoni really want a few more wins? Might ruin the chances for a good lottery pick.

Oldtimer

Rotation player
Too Much "Marbury"

Why does every thread end up in a debate about Marbury? This one began as a game thread.

I am convinced that Marbury will be waived or bought out. No one denies Marbury's physical skills but it seems that the Knicks intend to move on without him. Dolan controls the purse strings. Marbury is being stubborn about taking every dime and offering no buy-out discounts. Someone will blink soon. Why else is Patrick, Jr. just hanging around?

my next game objective is to count how many times duhon distributes the ball

not ASSISTS

but touches to teamates in spots to make a play

thats the point of all this dummies

dude has the ability to make the right decisions and the athletic ability to make them...he also seems to enjoy getting his teammates involved.

is a better one on one player than the M word? no. is he better to be included in a TEAM (note:no I)? yes. in my opinion and, others coming out of the woodwork it seems, he's perfectly fitting to run a pg position the way he's being asked to

which is more than we can say about others we have had around

one other quick note: it seems they have much more pride as a team this year. nate doesnt let okafor help him up, then chandler and someone else help him to his feet. happened a few other times through the night, it seems when people are hitting the deck,their getting helped to their feet by OUR guys instead of the team we're playing against. it may sound like a mute point, but if you watch any elite team in the nba, their insanely supportive of each other after hustle plays. i think after last year they got a chance to start getting a little defensive for each other as teammates, which is going to be a huge building block down the road. TEAMWORK.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
Its funny how you bring marbury up when I NEVER mentioned him...

Got his dick on the brain?
glasshouse1.jpg

What Is that? A glass house?

Get Mardy Collins' sperm off your lips, before commenting about anyone. I'm not the one that goes around defending players that can't even make a lay up (Mardy Collins).

I said it before, and I'll say it again. It is illogical to say Chris Duhon is better than Marbury.

Chris Duhon sure as hell is better than Mardy Collins, but that's not something that's hard to do, considering that Collins is the worst shooting guard in the NBA.