Bobcats Have Interest in Curry, Want to deal Gerald Wallace

pat

Starter
I would do it. Eddy Curry sucks. Better to have a long term contract for a player that can play than to have a long term contract for a player that can't. Gerald Wallace has a lot of trade value, too, so the Knicks could always use him as a way to get someone good, at center.

Isiah disregarding the whole contract situation is exactly what brought us into this situation. I like Gerald Wallace as a player but he didn't strike me as a superstar in the making. I would wait for an expiring contract in return for Currywurst.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Absolutely!

Considering the inconsistency of Wallace`s jumper and dodgy back ( Harrington also has a suspicious back injury ) along with roughly $10m/year for 4 years, it is not even worth considering. Especially with the potential departure of N8 (08/09 6th man) and the limitations it will clamp on Willy Chandler. His breakout is imminent. I can see him being another Maggette type of strong bodied SF. Considering his (Chandler`s) ability/potential/contract (approx $7.6m through 4 years) and his careers upbringing under Mike D then surely he is a prospect under construction for enticing 1 of either James (dibs), Bosh or Wade as a highly capable wingman. A wingman well learned in the ways of the D`Antoni 7 second mafioso nonetheless.

A Wallace trade goes against the entirety of the rebuilding process. Don`t forget that we are NOT the only team gunning for the big 3 in summer. A big contract such as Wallace`s will make him harder to move to any opposing team with a like mind for The King Bosh or Wade. The ability to deter these 3 and their agents from the opposition is as much a part of the process as luring them.

I`m prepared to wait and watch. I don`t suggest anyone get excited about Wallace. It`s not going to happen. At least it shouldn`t. Trade Curry to any team that will take him. Same with Z Bo. Alas for his bloated contracted he`s playing some sweet basketball! Hopefully that holds up between now and the feb deadline so as to solidify a frontline worth keeping and moulding. Those 2 and their contracts are the clouds without silver lining that will break any hope of signing either of the 3.

The backbone of our appeal to the 3 is Mike D himself. Well liked as an olympic member on and off the court. Combined with his player relations and enigmatic approach to the game in the hoop mecha he can get us LBJ.
Firstly though he needs his core. Willy C has to stay and be nurtured. N8 has the zest required. Lee is great and bold as well but he will be traded I`ve no doubt.

A steadfast core and system in place with the addition of either of the 3 and it`s the Eastern Conference Finals in 3-4 years. Crawf and Duhon ( who deserves a chance btw) are flawed and expendable options. I`d like to see Devon Harris in a Knicks jersey. His contract is up soon. If the Knicks can scrap ZBo and Curry and offer him $7-8m/year for 3-4 years I think he N8, Chandler and (please Lord) Lebron would be as damaging a set up through positions 1-3 as ever seen on a floor since day 1 of basketball. F$#k since day 1!!

The frontline of the future is a total mystery. Thinking about it makes me wanna smoke chiba to relieve the strain. Hopefully Mikey and Dirty Donnie are cooking up a storm.

Because I can, I shall.

To all those who are suffering from the Marbury drought, SUFFER! He`s as useful as half a condom with the future in mind. He`s done nothing for us but keep us in the headlines as last years laughing stock along with Isiah. They should have gone halves in that bottle of sleeping pills. Unworthy representatives of the best team with pride matched only by the Celtics.......

The New York Knickerbockers...

aaaaarrrrgggghhhhhhh....

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
No Wallace! Keep N8!

JayJ great point Nate is gonna be an important piece in our future he's gonna be like a game changer for us 6th man deff...he could even get some serious consideration this year...and if we bring in Wallace were clogged at that position Chandler,Jeffries(when he comes back),Q-Brick,and Gallo(when he comes back) so unless Q-Brick is included were stacked there.
sorry I forgot to link my direct reply to this comment by DatPrince.... sorry

Absolutely!

Considering the inconsistency of Wallace`s jumper and dodgy back ( Harrington also has a suspicious back injury ) along with roughly $10m/year for 4 years, it is not even worth considering. Especially with the potential departure of N8 (08/09 6th man) and the limitations it will clamp on Willy Chandler. His breakout is imminent. I can see him being another Maggette type of strong bodied SF. Considering his (Chandler`s) ability/potential/contract (approx $7.6m through 4 years) and his careers upbringing under Mike D then surely he is a prospect under construction for enticing 1 of either James (dibs), Bosh or Wade as a highly capable wingman. A wingman well learned in the ways of the D`Antoni 7 second mafioso nonetheless.

A Wallace trade goes against the entirety of the rebuilding process. Don`t forget that we are NOT the only team gunning for the big 3 in summer. A big contract such as Wallace`s will make him harder to move to any opposing team with a like mind for The King Bosh or Wade. The ability to deter these 3 and their agents from the opposition is as much a part of the process as luring them.

I`m prepared to wait and watch. I don`t suggest anyone get excited about Wallace. It`s not going to happen. At least it shouldn`t. Trade Curry to any team that will take him. Same with Z Bo. Alas for his bloated contracted he`s playing some sweet basketball! Hopefully that holds up between now and the feb deadline so as to solidify a frontline worth keeping and moulding. Those 2 and their contracts are the clouds without silver lining that will break any hope of signing either of the 3.

The backbone of our appeal to the 3 is Mike D himself. Well liked as an olympic member on and off the court. Combined with his player relations and enigmatic approach to the game in the hoop mecha he can get us LBJ.
Firstly though he needs his core. Willy C has to stay and be nurtured. N8 has the zest required. Lee is great and bold as well but he will be traded I`ve no doubt.

A steadfast core and system in place with the addition of either of the 3 and it`s the Eastern Conference Finals in 3-4 years. Crawf and Duhon ( who deserves a chance btw) are flawed and expendable options. I`d like to see Devon Harris in a Knicks jersey. His contract is up soon. If the Knicks can scrap ZBo and Curry and offer him $7-8m/year for 3-4 years I think he N8, Chandler and (please Lord) Lebron would be as damaging a set up through positions 1-3 as ever seen on a floor since day 1 of basketball. F$#k since day 1!!

The frontline of the future is a total mystery. Thinking about it makes me wanna smoke chiba to relieve the strain. Hopefully Mikey and Dirty Donnie are cooking up a storm.

Because I can, I shall.

To all those who are suffering from the Marbury drought, SUFFER! He`s as useful as half a condom with the future in mind. He`s done nothing for us but keep us in the headlines as last years laughing stock along with Isiah. They should have gone halves in that bottle of sleeping pills. Unworthy representatives of the best team with pride matched only by the Celtics.......

aaaaarrrrgggghhhhhhh....

Apologies for lengthyness.

feetoe

Benchwarmer
Curry's knee injury might make them lose interest

"With Curry no longer in coach Mike D'Antoni's plans (he didn't even realize Curry had a cortisone shot), his injury is more relevant to how it affects the Knicks' bid to ship his long-term contract in a deal, as they try to get under the salary cap in 2010. Curry makes $9.7 million this season."

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
sorry I forgot to link my direct reply to this comment by DatPrince.... sorry

Absolutely!

Because I can, I shall.

aaaaarrrrgggghhhhhhh....

Apologies for lengthyness.

agreed, but i still dont want us banking our winning hopes on landing a big free agent then were screwed, just get the good players surround them with a player that'll develop into a superstar(Chndler maybe, or Jennings,Rubio or Thabeet). thats how all teams do it, superstars are rarely signed as free agents even its rare to get traded its just these last 2 years.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
Isiah disregarding the whole contract situation is exactly what brought us into this situation. I like Gerald Wallace as a player but he didn't strike me as a superstar in the making. I would wait for an expiring contract in return for Currywurst.
Eddy Curry has 3 years left on his contract. We have to get rid of him. lol Well, at least that's what I want.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
^ we all want that...i pray by my bed side every night praying for a trade loll
yep. he has to go! sorry to encroach on your conversation. I have been Tasmania`s biggest Knick fan since 1992 and am really enjoying the opportunity to indulge with other Knicks fans.

I think Curry and (I hate to say it) Lee for Adonal Foyle and Al Harrington seems like an option well worth exercising. Lee is everybody`s clean slate player I know, but Harrington would be far better suited to Mikey D`s run and gun mentality. Foyle couldn`t score with a gun up his nose but he most certainly can block a shot! Even one shot blocker/changer would be well received here I`m sure you`ll agree.
He only has one season under contract at $6.8m as well.

Thanks for your reply DatPrince. I know it`s a lot to bank on superstars being acquired but 2010 is not just the Summer of LeBron: It's also the Summer of Dwyane Wade, Chris Bosh, Amare Stoudemire, Paul Pierce, Ray Allen, Tyson Chandler, Manu Ginobili, Richard Jefferson, Joe Johnson, Tracy McGrady, Yao Ming, Steve Nash, Dirk Nowitzki and Michael Redd, each of whom can become an unrestricted free agent in 2010.

In the swarm and excitement of big names in new places I honestly think that if an appealing mould is set in The Garden then that, and Mike D`s presence will get us either Wade, LBJ, Bosh, Jefferson or Johnson. The latter 2 of the 5 mentioned less exciting yet more affordable.

I have absolute faith that it`s worth waiting and putting together sufficient pieces in the meantime.
The only issue is the front line. I am utterly stumped to come up with a lasting solution that will carry on through the moulding process. That is yet ANOTHER big glitch in the system.

Curry-Lee for Foyle-Harrington is my best immediate solution.

Thanks for reading if you actually bothered.

TunerAddict

Starter
yep. he has to go! sorry to encroach on your conversation. I have been Tasmania`s biggest Knick fan since 1992 and am really enjoying the opportunity to indulge with other Knicks fans.

I think Curry and (I hate to say it) Lee for Adonal Foyle and Al Harrington seems like an option well worth exercising. Lee is everybody`s clean slate player I know, but Harrington would be far better suited to Mikey D`s run and gun mentality. Foyle couldn`t score with a gun up his nose but he most certainly can block a shot! Even one shot blocker/changer would be well received here I`m sure you`ll agree.
He only has one season under contract at $6.8m as well.

Thanks for your reply DatPrince. I know it`s a lot to bank on superstars being acquired but 2010 is not just the Summer of LeBron: It's also the Summer of Dwyane Wade, Chris Bosh, Amare Stoudemire, Paul Pierce, Ray Allen, Tyson Chandler, Manu Ginobili, Richard Jefferson, Joe Johnson, Tracy McGrady, Yao Ming, Steve Nash, Dirk Nowitzki and Michael Redd, each of whom can become an unrestricted free agent in 2010.

In the swarm and excitement of big names in new places I honestly think that if an appealing mould is set in The Garden then that, and Mike D`s presence will get us either Wade, LBJ, Bosh, Jefferson or Johnson. The latter 2 of the 5 mentioned less exciting yet more affordable.

I have absolute faith that it`s worth waiting and putting together sufficient pieces in the meantime.
The only issue is the front line. I am utterly stumped to come up with a lasting solution that will carry on through the moulding process. That is yet ANOTHER big glitch in the system.

Curry-Lee for Foyle-Harrington is my best immediate solution.

Thanks for reading if you actually bothered.

Man, Joe Johnson is still exciting to me! Dude is 6'8" with pg handles and a pure shot. Leading the Hawks to a 5-0 starts this season...I'd love to have him...

jpz17

Starter
Man, Joe Johnson is still exciting to me! Dude is 6'8" with pg handles and a pure shot. Leading the Hawks to a 5-0 starts this season...I'd love to have him...

Another classic TunnerAdict quote.. too bad I can't add it to my sig, its over 100 words

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
Another classic TunnerAdict quote.. too bad I can't add it to my sig, its over 100 words
Good job, JPZ. Turnerardict was smoking Duhon's dick ,when he made that stupid post about Starbury being a shooting guard. Don't worry, I'll put Addict's "I'd love to have him" quote on my sig, so that he can be exposed for the crappy poster he is.

Good job, JPZ. Turnerardict was smoking Duhon's dick ,when he made that stupid post about Starbury being a shooting guard. Don't worry, I'll put Addict's "I'd love to have him" quote on my sig, so that he can be exposed for the crappy poster he is.

Anyone that dosen't think Steph is still going to save NY HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! is a crappy poster to the Blind Starburin Team. Oh and your gay too if you don't agree with them? So watch out :p hahaha. I think that half of "Team Starbury" are like 13 years old (besides Metro and MSG) and very homofobic (??? did one of your uncle's try and touch you in a bad spot starburians?), and have no real understanding or concept of a TEAM PLAYER or even a TRUE PG! PG's ditribute the ball! PG's are not ment to be the teams leading scorer they are there to keep the other teams PG out of the lane and to feed their teamates the ball in scoreing position.... Basic Basketball 101 chief.

Still waiting on theose "other stats" of Duhon's .......Assists to T.O., Reb,steals and since your so knowlagable have you figured out how to base Chemistry into a stat?