The Official Thread: Jamaal Crawford For Al Harrington

Toons

is the Bo$$
actually thats big news dummy....every1 else is trying to acquire one....he is going after two....
no other team in the league will be able to sign the likes of lebron AND Wade on the same team. thats a long shot of course, but if we can get lebron, and an all star, we will build a championship team for the years to come

nyk_nyk

All Star
actually thats big news dummy....every1 else is trying to acquire one....he is going after two....
no other team in the league will be able to sign the likes of lebron AND Wade on the same team. thats a long shot of course, but if we can get lebron, and an all star, we will build a championship team for the years to come
How do you know everyone else is trying to acquire only 1? If teams can get two, then they will try as well. Boston acquired 2 last season and i'm sure they were'nt the only ones trying to do it. I'm not beefing, i'm just saying that your comment was like saying the teams are trying to acquire LBJ.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
I'm not feeling this trade. Al Harrington is not as good as Jamal Crawford, and the Knicks now have zero offense from the point guard and shooting guard position. I do not expect the Knicks to win more than 25 games this year.

PG Chris Duhorn
SG Quentin Brickardson
SF Al Harrington
PF Wilson Chandler
C Zach Randolph(who will likely be traded)

Not liking this lineup at all.

Toons

is the Bo$$
actually, i dont care who is trying to....we will be the only ONE that will be finacially able to sign TWO big name players. If lebron was available now, only about 2 or 3 teams will be able to sign him because of cap issues. (im meaning wihtout waiving half of theair team to clear space)
and i read it in some article today....iv been reading all kinds of papers because of the trade, so im not sure.....probably newsday

nyk_nyk

All Star
I'm not feeling this trade. Al Harrington is not as good as Jamal Crawford, and the Knicks now have zero offense from the point guard and shooting guard position. I do not expect the Knicks to win more than 25 games this year.

PG Chris Duhorn
SG Quentin Brickardson
SF Al Harrington
PF Wilson Chandler
C Zach Randolph(who will likely be traded)

Not liking this lineup at all.
Actually, winning no more than 25 games is what they probably want. They are rebuilding so i'm sure they want another high draft pick in addition to cutting salary. Harrington is most likely gone when his contract ends. Now is the best time to play Steph but i'm guessing they still won't do it.

D'Antoni said that Steph would only play if there were some type of injury to a player. Well, trading Craw for a PF is like having an injury to one of your guards, so he should play. Too bad he still won't.

Toons

is the Bo$$
and i know that building teams that are clearing cap are going after 1 big name fa is because its all over the papers. this report is the FIRST ever to state that a team is actually trying at two big names. The opertunity for two stars to play together may make the 2010 plan work better because lebron might wish to play with anthony or wade or bosh...

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
Actually, winning no more than 25 games is what they probably want. They are rebuilding so i'm sure they want another high draft pick in addition to cutting salary. Harrington is most likely gone when his contract ends. Now is the best time to play Steph but i'm guessing they still won't do it.

D'Antoni said that Steph would only play if there were some type of injury to a player. Well, trading Craw for a PF is like having an injury to one of your guards, so he should play. Too bad he still won't.
I understand what you're saying, but I think it's stupid to tank an entire season. The Knicks won 23 games last year, and what did they get out of it? Another small forward who's injury injury prone, to go along with our other list of injury prone small forwards(Quentin Richardson and Jared Jeffries). The Knicks should have drafted Brook Lopez, and if they were going to trade Jamal Crawford, it should have been for Stephen Jackson. There's not even a guarantee that Lebron James, Dwyane Wade, or Chris Bosh will sign with the Knicks in 2010, or a guarantee that they'll be healthy, if they come here.

Last edited:

BleedOrangeAndBlue

Benchwarmer
I agree with this trade because at the end of the day we wasnt gonna win a championship this year and thats wat its all about...

But i have one question...with crawford gone does marbury start at the 2 or does he at least get some minutes?????

Knicker23

Benchwarmer
wait so is it possible to get Lebron after this season?? does that what being a free agent 2010 means? or does that mean we have to go through another season after this for the 2010 free agents??

mugili716

Benchwarmer
wait so is it possible to get Lebron after this season?? does that what being a free agent 2010 means? or does that mean we have to go through another season after this for the 2010 free agents??

Na we have to wait one more year he is a free agent in the summer of 2010

mugili716

Benchwarmer
and i know that building teams that are clearing cap are going after 1 big name fa is because its all over the papers. this report is the FIRST ever to state that a team is actually trying at two big names. The opertunity for two stars to play together may make the 2010 plan work better because lebron might wish to play with ANTHONY or wade or bosh...

Anthony wont be available he is the only one out of that rookie class that signed an extension with his team already...

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
still too early to judge the trade...but as of now were the winners we get rid or 2 big contracts and Mardy Collins who wasnt producing...now were gonna likely trade Lee for a young and up-and-coming center time will tell.

lilman_bklyn

Rotation player
I'm gettin sick and tired of this stupid strategy of waiting for lebron to become a free agent... like herman edwards said ... you play to win the games, and you manage your organization the same way... I know the Knicks were most likely not going to contend for the playoffs, but at least give the impression thats what you were intending.. The Knicks could have gotten more for Crawford.. point blank..

Kiyaman

Legend
Stephen A. Smith stated that the Knicks will be able to sign 2 max contracts in 2010.

But what did Stephen A. Smith say about the Knicks 71 games left in the 2008 season, and the 82 games in the 2009 season?

I'm a happy Knick-Fan knowing Crawful & Zach is off this Knick Team.....
but no young players in return....we get a deflated 6.10 SG-Timmy Thomas....did'nt he stink up New York on his last visit.....
plus an inconsistent Mobley....he's just a half uv a step better than Crawful.

This deal could've been made anytime in the offseason so the New York Media at the start of the season could've mistaken Donnie Walsh for what he is another Isah Thomas & Layden.
We went from a 33 win team to a 23 win team in one day.
WTF :boohoo::boohoo::boohoo: :boohoo:

Harrington would've been a nice fit with Lee & Zach to win 35 games this season. Timmy Thomas in our frontcourt is asking for a 23 win season.

Al, Timmy, Jefferies, and Curry has to be the softest frontcourt in the NBA

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Harrington- Crawford- Randolph

Harrington can be very good. At 6-9" & 250lbs, he's inside-outside, can handle the ball, take a charge against bigger players and block the odd shot. He's going to relish the opportunity to be the starting 4 man. His minutes were cut in a new approach effort by Don Nelson.

The trade of Z Bo was a bummer. How he's going to fit in a front court along with Kaman and Camby I don't know. the absence of his cash sapping contract can help Donnie and Mike breathe a little easier. Especially with their (now even more so) obvious intentions for the future.

Crawford comparatively with Harrington was hot as a mexican's lunch when he was hot, but he was terribly inconsistent. As to whether or not Harrington can perform on a constant basis given his ability remains to be seen, and will make or break him at the garden.

Crawford has had his best days I believe. He could never maintain a night in night out desire to perform at his best. Good memories though.

So, I guess the 5 for now is;

5 Lee
4 Harrington
3 Thomas? Q? Willy C? Chandler should take the spot I say.
2 N8? Mobley? Q? That remains to be seen
1 Duhon

If Lee isn't traded in the coming weeks, then he will have to play well a lot more often. If he doesn't, his stock will drop and we won't have as much leverage with the possibility of packaging him with Fats Curry who is obviously up next on the block.

We are in desperate need of a 5 man. Probably 2 actually.

Lee and Curry can be successfully traded for Brad Miller of the Kings and all contracts are beneficial to the 2010 season. But, it won't happen.
That'd be nice to have a passing 5 and a hot shooting 4 though.

2010 is sooooooo phucking far away. It seems that keeping your fingers crossed with a multi-million dollar franchise is a bit outlandish. And tanking it up for the 2 proceeding drafts is another hit and hope.

The points of appeal for 1 or 2 superstars are.

It's Mike D. He's loved by the entirety of the US Team roster.
When you have a sh1tload of cash, NY has a lot of ways for you to spend it and feel like a king.
The Knicks have cleared enough room to palm off approx $17m to their first preference/year. That's some serious lettuce.
The interns in NY let you have intercourse with them.

I'm irrelevantly thinking it's gonna be D Wade and Amare. I'd prefer Bosh and James.

BTW, we were never gonna make the 8 at the end of the season.

If this succeeds then it's happy days. If it doesn't, somebody is gonna get Bolivian on Donnie and Mike and kill them slowly.

Could be me!

Last edited:

metrocard

Legend
36.gif

co-sign.

Toons, change your ****ing sign, puto.

This trade optimizes the Knicks in every way possible.

Harrington is a more dynamic and productive scorer than Jamal, Harrington is actually a good long range shooter unlike Chuckford.

Kiyaman, I co-sign.
But you have to understand the 71 games left in this season and 82 next season don't really matter. Those seasons will be used to develop our future...its a development stage, kinda like an expansion team with mad money and the biggest market in the world.

lilman_bklyn, Knicks could still win as many games without Randolph/Crawford.

Randolph/Crawford are maxed out LOSERS, they contributed to nothing besides LOSING. Dumping them makes us a better overall TEAM.

You will soon find this out.