Stephon Marbury Rips D'Antoni, Knicks

Akamu

The King
Stop trying to push creationism on people that don't believe in it and stop presenting it as fact when even people that agree with it have to admit it's not proven.

I'm hearing an echo

I never pushed creationism on anyone, what are you talking about? I always said you believe what you want to believe.

Let's keep this out of this thread at least-

Yep, not bashing you just responding to a point.

However I don't see how you can be so sure about this fault being in the Knicks. None of us know what goes on behind closed doors, people in the organization could be under orders to handle Steph with kid gloves in the hope he will/would have taken a reduced buyout if his behaviour wasn't publicized.

Obviously I'm not saying this is fact, just a possible theory to why everyone in the franchise seems to hate him though he appears not to have done anything severely out of line before possibly refusing to play. It's equally possible that he has acted like a saint all season and someone in the Knicks management holds a grudge.

There's always two sides to every story, who knows.
Another thought.

But they only fined him after the Pistons game, not the first, correct? So why not two fines? That says again that D'antoni did not feel it was insubordination.

And my thing is, if he was not playing Steph because his teammates hated him, and they were moving in a different direction, why ask him to then play? Even under extreme circumstances? Why are the players not mad at him for even asking? Did they not turn on Zeke last year for basically the same thing? Yet they get mad at Steph for not wanting to play with an orginization and teammates who don't want him there? D'antoni is getting a pass here is all I'm saying. And he shouldn't be.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Im very short on time. I just wanna say that i respect donnie walsh as a person. I respect Mike D'antoni as an offensive mastermind but hes a bitch.

And for all you haters talkin about how starbury deserved this because of karma, good deeds erase bad deeds. Hes donated as much money as any other athlete. He lost 2 family members (his pops and his aunt), and his basketball mentor who he had known since he was young.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
Im very short on time. I just wanna say that i respect donnie walsh as a person. I respect Mike D'antoni as an offensive mastermind but hes a bitch.

And for all you haters talkin about how starbury deserved this because of karma, good deeds erase bad deeds. Hes donated as much money as any other athlete. He lost 2 family members (his pops and his aunt), and his basketball mentor who he had known since he was young.

So because he's made some cheap sneakers and lost people close to him we're supposed to accept him abandoning the Knicks?

WiL8000

Rotation player
I'm at the point where I don't care who's right and wrong anymore with the Marbury situation. I just want a conclusion to this madness.

The best thing to do fiscally is a buyout or pay Steph to stay home the rest of the season, whatever.

If there is a trade scenario it seems that Miami is the most logical trading partner out there. They could trade us Marion and one other player to make the salaries match for Marbury.

The drawback is that the Knicks would have to waive the other player and not sign Ewing Jr till next season. The other possibility is to buy out Marion (which is less than buying out Marbury) and keep the other player thrown into the trade for the time being.

Jake17822

Rookie
Shut Up Marbury

Marbury needs to go! There is way too much drama here. New York is going in the right direction by firing Isiah but now its Marbury's time to depart. Listen, there are way too many people who are tooling on the Knicks. Here is a perfect example of what I'm talking about! Just read this article to see what I'm talking about. This historic franchise needs to start winning NOW because they have been a joke this decade and the people of New York deserve a good basketball team.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
Marbury is innocent until proven guilty. D'Antoni is 100% wrong for what he is doing. Quentin Richardson is 100% wrong for what he said to the media, too. It made him look like the hypocrite and snitch he really is.

In an interview, David Lee said he never had any problems with Marbury. Even Duhon said that maybe he should have shown more support for Marbury, in an interview.

Last edited:

KBlack25

Starter
Marbury is innocent until proven guilty. D'Antoni is 100% wrong for what he is doing. Quentin Richardson is 100% wrong for what he said to the media, too. It made him look like the hypocrite and snitch he really is.

In an interview, David Lee said he never had any problems with Marbury. Even Duhon said that maybe he should have shown more support for Marbury, in an interview.

Why is it that Marbury is innocent until proved guilty but D'Antoni is not? Again we only have two sides of a confusing and puzzling story.

In terms of Q, him and Steph have had problem for a long time apparently stemming back to a locker room incident. Should Q have stayed out? Probably. But then you go and cite Duhon saying maybe he should have shown more support. If Q has to stay out on D'Antoni's side I think Duhon should stay out on Steph's side, it's only fair to ridicule BOTH interferences.

smokes

Huge Member

This is what's known as biased opinion.

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
Slightly new report from News Day.
http://www.newsday.com/sports/basketball/ny-spknix025949243dec02,0,215102.story

Newsday said:
For those scoring at home, D'Antoni is the fourth straight Knicks coach with whom Marbury has had an issue in five seasons. In general manager circles, Marbury has been referred to as "the Mike Tyson of the NBA."

"I do not think a lot of teams will have an interest, but I think there would be at least a couple of teams," one Eastern Conference team executive said. He added, "It will be fun to follow from the sidelines."

A Western Conference GM said a team might take a chance on Marbury, "especially if they have had an injury and feel like he can help them getting to the playoffs." He added, "I would be surprised if he gets more than a minimum [contract], though."

A GM of another Western Conference team was asked what kind of interest Marbury might attract around the league. "I can only speak for us," he said. "Highly unlikely."

The Miami Heat, which reportedly is shopping Shawn Marion, was believed to have had some curiosity about Marbury at the start of the season. A source told Newsday that the Knicks have given the Heat "a standing offer" of Marbury for Marion, but it appears Miami's interest has fizzled, especially after the latest issue. The Mavericks, who need a backup for Jason Kidd, seem a possible destination.

No one is going to offer or accept a Marbury trade offer while negotiations are in process. Why trade for a guy that you can get for the vet exemption? I don't think a buyout will happen. It looks like Dolan doesn't want to pay Marbury in full and Marbury wont take less then 99%, that's not a compromise on ether side. I could be wrong but expect to live with this saga until later in the season or until a trade can be reached. Marbury for Marion would be ideal. Still, it looks grim. No one wants Marbury.

smokes

Huge Member
Anything to get rid of Marbury would be a good deal for us, but I don't see how D'antoni could work Marion, Harrington, Lee, Chandler, Thomas, Gallinari (?) and Jeffries (?) into his notoriously low rotation.

Of course we'd hopefully trade off a couple of these guys (Thomas/Jeffries) for a 2 guard/shotblocker but at this stage it just seems like a pipedream.

Would be awesome though.

metrocard

Legend
Why is it that Marbury is innocent until proved guilty but D'Antoni is not? Again we only have two sides of a confusing and puzzling story.

In terms of Q, him and Steph have had problem for a long time apparently stemming back to a locker room incident. Should Q have stayed out? Probably. But then you go and cite Duhon saying maybe he should have shown more support. If Q has to stay out on D'Antoni's side I think Duhon should stay out on Steph's side, it's only fair to ridicule BOTH interferences.

D'Antoni is guilty for not giving Marbury a chance and being unethical as a professional.

paris401

Starter
new gm, new coach, but same old disfunctional knicks...

make the problem go away...

pay towel-head his $$$ (which he is owed), and start the rebuild..

sorry but walsh is not impressing me...

LJ4ptplay

Starter
Slightly new report from News Day.
http://www.newsday.com/sports/basketball/ny-spknix025949243dec02,0,215102.story

No one is going to offer or accept a Marbury trade offer while negotiations are in process. Why trade for a guy that you can get for the vet exemption? I don't think a buyout will happen. It looks like Dolan doesn't want to pay Marbury in full and Marbury wont take less then 99%, that's not a compromise on ether side. I could be wrong but expect to live with this saga until later in the season or until a trade can be reached. Marbury for Marion would be ideal. Still, it looks grim. No one wants Marbury.

Mebury is the "Mike Tyson" of the NBA. Hahaha...that's priceless.

D'Antoni is guilty for not giving Marbury a chance and being unethical as a professional.

I'm not sure he was proven to be unethical. He's guilty for not giving Marbury a chance but then Marbury is guilty for choosing to sit on the bench, no?

There is no point in trying to reason with someone that calls Guy like Coach D "unethical" while he idolizes his hero Starbury......... witch one is the unethical guy? The guy that is known as a cheat (on his wife) or Coach D? Is Mike D' Antonie being compared to Mike Tyson or is that Steph?

Ewing

Benchwarmer
D'Antoni started all this by stating that Marbury wouldn't play under him, and he said that before the pre-season, which is pretty bad, I mean, he didn't even give him a chance to prove that he could help this team.
I don't like D'Antoni that much, not only because of his style of basketball, but also because he picked The Pizza just because he is a friend's son.