Wilson Chandler Thread

richtree

Rotation player
idk about those comparison, chandler is not a shooter like either of those players, he may be shard without the range of his, i see chandler more as a caron butler, where as butler can get u the steals and wilson gets u da blocks

Right Now all he has proven is that he can knock down the open shot...

and Play soid on defensive end when he is guard SF and down (Sg etc)

He hasn't proven he can do anything else

DANUTZ39

Benchwarmer
he needs to realize his strenghts( inside/aound the foul line, and low post) and utilize them he's not a gaurd and needs to stop trying to play like one.....he's impressed me so far but he makes careless mistakes that once they're fixed he'll be more productive.......he'll have a good career

cosign 100%

if he s going to use his strenghts and play like the sf that he is he will have a good career. As far as his mistakes the only thing that make me overlook it is that he s only 21 years old and still a lot of time to learn. On his good games he looks like a very good player on his way to breakout but in some games (especialy last few) he remind me that he s only 21 and have a lot to learn till he s gonna hit his potential. But i still think he had a good year so far and will only be better as his career goes on.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
cosign 100%

if he s going to use his strenghts and play like the sf that he is he will have a good career. As far as his mistakes the only thing that make me overlook it is that he s only 21 years old and still a lot of time to learn. On his good games he looks like a very good player on his way to breakout but in some games (especialy last few) he remind me that he s only 21 and have a lot to learn till he s gonna hit his potential. But i still think he had a good year so far and will only be better as his career goes on.

cosign :thumbsup:

knicklover

Benchwarmer
At the start of the season, I was as high on Chandler as anyone on the planet. I actually thought he had a shot to eventually be an all-star caliber player or close. At this point, I'm not sure he should even be playing much. He can't shoot a 3 pointer to save his life. That in itself is not so horrible, except that he insists on shooting them all the time. He should never shoot a 3 pointer unless the shot clock is about to expire. Having one Qrich on the team is bad enough, we don't need two of them. I've seen enough of this kid. He can be a good versatile defensive player that can get you 10-15 points a night in an efficient manner, but he's not going to be an important part of the offense. It's about time D'Antoni explained that to him. If he insists on shooting foolish shots and/or shots that are outside his range, he must be benched until he learns that 5-10 with a couple of free throws is a much better night than 7-22 with some extra points.
<!-- / message -->

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
he made the big plays when we needed them, he got the big bucket and big rebound, big step forward for him today

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
one thing he needs to do-and i know i've said this before he needs to be more of a ballhog, too many times he prefers to his teammates and ends up passing up on a good look at the basket from close range

[The Knicks are excited about what they see in Wilson Chandler and are holding out hope that he could develop into a go to weapon.

I think the biggest thing is Will doesn't really understand how good he is or how good he could be," Quentin Richardson said. "When I'm out there, I can see it, everybody can see it. Will's an interesting kid. He always listens well; he tries to do everything the coaches tell him. Even when I'm talking to him, he'll try to do what I'm talking about. I try to encourage him at different times, like, 'Yo, be aggressive. Go do what you do, get to the rim.' When he does his thing, it helps us."]

chandlerlee4

Benchwarmer
one thing he needs to do-and i know i've said this before he needs to be more of a ballhog, too many times he prefers to his teammates and ends up passing up on a good look at the basket from close range

[The Knicks are excited about what they see in Wilson Chandler and are holding out hope that he could develop into a go to weapon.

I think the biggest thing is Will doesn't really understand how good he is or how good he could be," Quentin Richardson said. "When I'm out there, I can see it, everybody can see it. Will's an interesting kid. He always listens well; he tries to do everything the coaches tell him. Even when I'm talking to him, he'll try to do what I'm talking about. I try to encourage him at different times, like, 'Yo, be aggressive. Go do what you do, get to the rim.' When he does his thing, it helps us."]

co-sign :thumbsup:

Where'd you get that quote from Q?

chandlerlee4

Benchwarmer
Very very very imoressive game from chandler today! He was doing everything. Shotting 3s, driving, freethrows. He made Gay G look bad. :peace:

Paul1355

All Star
Very very very imoressive game from chandler today! He was doing everything. Shotting 3s, driving, freethrows. He made Gay G look bad. :peace:

His ability to play aggressive opens up his offensive game and his confidence.

Chandler driving and making free throws at 80% for the season is what was huge tonight.