Time to bring Ewing, Jr. up?

OGKnickfan

Enlightened
I was on NBA.com, and I saw ran into the D-League website. On it, I found Ewing, Jr., who's averaging 16 ppg, 8.2 rebounds, 1.2 blocks per game, and he's had 9 blocks, total, in his last three games.

I think we might be able to use him, but, if not, it'd be great, for fan morale, to have the Ewing name back on our roster. However, seeing as that he's not personal friends with Donnie, Mike and company, he might not get a chance to ever be a Knick. Too bad his last name isn't Richardson or Gallinari.

I, for one, say that, once a spot opens up, we bring him up, give him Q's spot. We have nothing to lose.

What do you think?

JayJ44

Starter
I'd like to have him on the team eventually, but there's no rush. We only have one roster spot, until we buy out Marbury, so I think we should go after some players that fit our needs. A shotblocker, or if we can't find one, a SG. Both huge needs at the moment.

Those stats aren't that good, considering it's D-League. I doubt any other team will persue him. We can get him this coming offseason, once we waive Roberson and buy out Jerome James.

GetRealistic

Starter
I like the kid, but is he NBA ready? and would he even crack the rotation? If D'Antoni plans on using him atleast 8 minutes a night then bring him up, if hes just going to sit on the end of the bench let the kid devolp his game and play 30 plus minutes a night.

TunerAddict

Starter
I'm impressed...5 games into the season he looked like a major bust as he was shooting like 32% for like 10 a game...

Looks like he has found his rhythm...Maybe it's time we gave him a tryout.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
yes, bring him up he's much needed on this team gives spark, energy, and defense would be the perfect compliment with Nate off the bench and could become a good 6th man if we end up losing Nate to free-agency or trade...

JRG3

Benchwarmer
ewing jr. is a tuff character and is an intimitator on defense. i would like him to come up because he is like 24 so if hes gonna be in the nba he might as well play now

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Mike D cut him for a reason. Lineage doesn't (shouldn't) count with goals in mind that involve so many people and their aspirations.

That's what I reckon.

OGKnickfan

Enlightened
Mike D cut him for a reason. Lineage doesn't (shouldn't) count with goals in mind that involve so many people and their aspirations.

That's what I reckon.

Well, if that's the case, why is Dan D'Antoni being paid by the Knicks? And why is Gallinari, D'Antoni's god son, playing for them?

Ewing is a big name, in this city, if you're talking about true fans, not the fair weathers who always had hate, and lack of appreciation, for him, as he carried a pack of bums deep into the playoffs, something that the Knicks, after Ewing, proved they could not do; and having his son in a Knick uniform would not only boost fan morale, it would sell tickets, increase ratings, media coverage and basketball world recognition, etc.

And, whether you like it or not, the NBA is built around names, fame, and celebrity. This is why the announcers constantly point out who's in the audience, what famous person is married to a player, etc.

As for the kid's skills, as tuner pointed out, his numbers, with 13 games in, were horrible: 6 ppg, 33% from the field, etc., and now, all of a sudden, his numbers have skyrocketed, boosting his stats to the above-mentioned. If there's room on the bench for Rose, Q and others, we should make room for Ewing, Jr., and there's no excuse to do otherwise.

metrocard

Legend
It would be a positive move.

Ewing has a high IQ, defense and can jump on an elite level.
His jumpshot is suspect, but I'm sure it can improve with his work ethic.

We could bought Mario Chalmers in the draft...but Miami did.
Instead we signed Anthony Robertson.

Jared Jordan > Robertson
Ewing Jr. > Rose, James, Jefferies.

33EWING6

Rookie
I've been following him all season & he definitley seems to have improved his confidence on the offensive side of the ball. I think Sr. called him out for lack of shooting on a TNT interview. Lol! I did notice that his has not played in the past 2 games, but can't find out why. Was hoping the front office put in a call to sit him, because they are about to bring him up. As much as I would love to se it, I wouldn't be disappointed if they let him stay & develop his game.

Toons

is the Bo$$
i saw thabeet with sum friends of mine with sum knicks gear on...
id luv to c him with da knicks

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
We should definitely bring him up. Roberson aint doing shit, ewing jr. can replace him. That would an upgrade in height, defense, athleticism, blocking, etc,etc.

the portable man

Benchwarmer
hed just be another jeffries...some shots, blocks, subpar post-moves

i mean how good of an sf can he really be, hes not much of a dribbler and too undersized for pf

the d-league is perfect for him tho

OGKnickfan

Enlightened
I don't think people read what I said, at the beginning of this thread. Sure, he might not be a superstar, as of yet. However, just like teams try to get names on their squads, for marketing and purposes, Ewing, as a name and brand, really boosts the Knicks' image, in my opinion, with the basketball world.

As for whether he can play or not, what I've seen has been positive. If you remember what he did in pre-season, you know that. He certainly is athletic, fast, has tremendous hops, and he just needs a chance to prove it. If bum-ass Roberson and James have a chance, which they've blown, Ewing, Jr. should also have one.