Harrington

Which numerically productive Knick(s) would you trade if you could?

• Total voters

smokes

Huge Member
Well, that was my mistake then. I thought you was trying to say Gallinari needs 3-5 years, because that's what I've been hearing from several other people on this forum, too.

I still think Lee gets too much hype, though. Lee is averaging 16 and 11 on a team that has no center and no star or leader. He's a good player, but not like how people make him out to be. He's not even a top 10 power forward.

Exactly, that's why I put apparently, should have made it clearer hehe. 5 years is just ridiculous wait for someone hyped this much. If he had more minutes he could be doing better though.

I dunno about Lee, I like him, his work ethic is solid and he does a really good job being undersized. However the system definately favours the go-to guy and he has been that guy in his big games.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
To Pat:

Danilo Gallinari is 20 years old, not 19. He's going to be 21, in August.
Jermaine O'Neal is a Center. Danilo Gallinari is a small forward. The have totally different styles of play.

You can give Gallinari 5 years, but I know I'm not. A guy drafted that high is supposed to be able to produce within his first 2 years. Like I said, if Gallinari doesn't average at least 10 points and 6 rebounds, on 45% shooting or better next year, then he's a bust in my book. I'm not giving the 6th overall pick a free pass, just because he was 19 when he was drafted.

Last edited:

pat

Starter
To Pat:

Danilo Gallinari is 20 years old, not 19. He's going to be 21, in August.
Jermaine O'Neal is a Center. Danilo Gallinari is a small forward. The have totally different styles of play.

You can give Gallinari 5 years, but I know I'm not. A guy drafted that high is supposed to be able to produce within his first 2 years. Like I said, if Gallinari doesn't average at least 10 points and 6 rebounds, on 45% shooting or better next year, then he's a bust in my book. I'm not giving the 6th overall pick a free pass, just because he was 19 when he was drafted.

Not just because he was 19 when he got drafted. But also. Furthermore especially because he plays (small) forward right now. But who know for how long? For centers it is relatively easy: either you are one or you are not. Danilo plays small forward because that was the only way he could get enough burn in a pro-league at a very young age. Playing like Danilo did in Europe -- right now he seems to be limited to spot up shooting -- demands a much wider skill set than centers have. If you are big you don't need that much: Brute force, a decent pump-fake and one fancy up and under move and you are sorted. The things about him that make me trust him are these:

- his swagger once he hits a few shots in a row
- how much control he has over his body.

Look at Dirk: his moves look freakish and erratic. Still he is able to get the job done. Just imagine what Danilo could do for us in the near future. And because I can't see any attitude problems with him, I would be willing to give him time until he is 23 years old.

Last edited:

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
Not just because he was 19 when he got drafted. But also. Furthermore especially because he plays (small) forward right now. But who know for how long? For centers it is relatively easy: either you are one or you are not. Danilo plays small forward because that was the only way he could get enough burn in a pro-league at a very young age. Playing like Danilo did in Europe -- right now he seems to be limited to spot up shooting -- demands a much wider skill set than centers have. If you are big you don't need that much: Brute force, a decent pump-fake and one fancy up and under move and you are sorted. The things about him that make me trust him are these:

- his swagger once he hits a few shots in a row
- how much control he has over his body.

Look at Dirk: his moves look freakish and erratic. Still he is able to get the job done. Just imagine what Danilo could do for us in the near future. And because I can't see any attitude problems with him, I would be willing to give him time until he is 23 years old.

Okay, that's your opinion.

However, Gallinari is not going to get a free pass from me. Either he averages 10 points, 6 rebounds, on 45% shooting on his sophomore year, or I'm calling him a bust. 10 points and 6 rebounds isn't even a lot, for a guy that was drafted so high and who was said to be the best shooter by D'Antoni. I'm being very reasonable.

pat

Starter
That's fine with me. I like the more civil tone around here lately. The picture I have in mind is just this: Danilo leaving after his rookie contract, only to explode on another squad. But hey everybody is entitled to his own definition of "bust".