Rondo Slaps Miller in Face, No Suspension?

Arod2k9

Benchwarmer
It is simply incredible that Rondo didn't get call for a Flagrant 2 foul on the hit on Brad Miller. There goes Stern and Stu protecting the freaking refs and lowering the integrity of the NBA. The hit was intentional as Rondo had no shot to block Miller's attempt. I'm done watching basketball at the moment as the league is fixed in my mind and I will gladly watch my Yankees and Canucks for the rest of the summer. Wow, how low can the nba get:fury:

TunerAddict

Starter
Total bullshit noncall.

There was NO play on the ball.

Stern has Tim Legler on SC saying how it was a legit foul and a play on the ball.....BULLSHIT

GetRealistic

Starter
Its the playoffs. You can't call a flagrant foul with that little time on the clock. If they want to fine him or something go for it, but i agree with just the normal foul. The real issue is Brad Miller choking at the line.

That fould woulda been considered a love tap in the early 90's when the Knicks and Bulls used to battle.

skelos

Rookie
That hit on miller looked pretty bad and considering he couldnt make a free throw after made it worse in my eyes. Miller looked lost after that hit and looked like a flagrant. Howard is suspended cause of an elbow on a non-crucial play. Rondo pretty much stopped the tying shot which could of sent the game to another ot

DANUTZ39

Benchwarmer
It is simply incredible that Rondo didn't get call for a Flagrant 2 foul on the hit on Brad Miller. There goes Stern and Stu protecting the freaking refs and lowering the integrity of the NBA. The hit was intentional as Rondo had no shot to block Miller's attempt. I'm done watching basketball at the moment as the league is fixed in my mind and I will gladly watch my Yankees and Canucks for the rest of the summer. Wow, how low can the nba get:fury:

Rondo got away with it because you cant prove he intentionaly wanted to hurt Miller ( he admited he wanted to send miller to the line) where Howard just unleashed a K1 move at Dalambert

jimkcchief88

All Star
I smell a retaliation foul tonight in the first quarter. Classic series on the level of old school Bulls-Knicks. 3 overtime games outta the five played is record. Look for another classic down at the UC tonight.

JayJ44

Starter
If Brad Miller did that to Rondo, it would have been a flagrant. Bad call by the refs. I think the argument that it was the last seconds of the game has no bearing. Refs should be consistent for the whole game.

OGKnickfan

Enlightened
That was not a "slap." Rondo was clearly swiping at the ball, but, because of his lack of size, as Miller rose to the basket, the hand went fell down on Miller's face. It was essentially a touch to the face, as well.

Get over it.

Last edited:

TunerAddict

Starter
Rondo gets a flagrant now for something much worse....though he only got a flagrant 1 and not the 2 he deserved...

jimkcchief88

All Star
If Brad Miller did that to Rondo, it would have been a flagrant. Bad call by the refs. I think the argument that it was the last seconds of the game has no bearing. Refs should be consistent for the whole game.

I agree. Rondo finally got rung up for flagrant tonight after body checking Capt Kirk into the billboards ala Nash. This series gets more physical by the minute.

JayJ44

Starter
I agree. Rondo finally got rung up for flagrant tonight after body checking Capt Kirk into the billboards ala Nash. This series gets more physical by the minute.

I can't believe Rondo didn't get tossed for that. It was off the ball, it wasn't a basketball play. His intention was to hurt Hinrich, like when he tripped him in the last game. The Celtics play so dirty.

Kiyaman

Legend
Rondo been getting served by all 3 of the Bulls Guards in this series....Hinrich, Gordon, and rookie D.Rose has been taking turns serving Rondo.

Rookie D.Rose got 20 points in the first half in game 5....on Rondo.

Rondo have to take his frustration out on the Bulls Bigmen b/c the guards has been kicking his a.... all series.

Arod2k9

Benchwarmer
I can't believe that some here still think that Rondo went for the ball in game 5 againts Miller after seeing what he did to Kirk tonight. In that play on Miller, he was already near the rim with his arms already letting the shot go when the idiot of Rondo went after his face from the other side. He should have been suspended for 2 games for that. If he doesn't get suspended for game 7 for what he did to Kirk today I will be pissed.

BTW, Miller did get a facial hit of Big Baby in game 4 I think and should of been at least fined by it. It is incredible how physical playoffs have been. In game 3 of the Nuggets and Hornets I laughed the entire game seeing how dirty and nasty it got.

Dammit I said I wouldn't watch but I love basketball too damn much...

Blas

Benchwarmer
The ball was no where near for Rhondo to swipe at it. He just stuck his hand out there and tried to send Miller to the line, which he admitted to.

Brad was hit was above the head, no ball around, its a flagrant.

Regardless if this was a love tap compared to back in the day, rules are rules.

Hopefully he gets suspended for his elbow to Kirk.

LeFlume

All Star
I wonder how NBA's best PG feel, sitting there on the bench during a triple OT, and he doesn't get the call even to go in a pick a foul.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Rafer Alston doesn't take any shit as we've seen before against Radmanovich was it? Hopefully Skip can entice Rondo into throwing another tampon force swing at him as well and get him booted for the series.

**** the Celtics!