Commentating Talk

the portable man

Benchwarmer
whos that

clyde and mike breen are the best to me, they need to do every game...i got that nba league pass and i can honestly say we have the best commentary, so at least they stay on top of their game

ironic how lakers have the worst, might as well let norm mcdonald do the games, them guys try too hard to be funny, fake laughs and sh1t, and the white guy sounds like robot on mac simpletext program

if theres anythin the nba needs as a whole is better commentators, we literally have the only good ones, celtics i can deal with too

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Celtics commentators are arrogant and annoying.

Cavaliers are too, but in an entertaining way.

The Knicks AND the Nets have the best commentators.As long as Frazier is there, then I don't mind who he's paired with.Needs more Gus Johnson though.

GetRealistic

Starter
I think Johnny Hoops really knows his stuff but he really doesn't have the best TV personality. He is great on the radio though. I will say this though, i'd take Johnny Hoops over Kelly Therpeuka (however its spelled) any day.

On a whole though we are spoiled with the play by play team we have. Mike Breen is becoming the best in the business and Gus Johnson is by far the most exciting broadcaster there is.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
Celtics commentators are arrogant and annoying.

Agreed. They complain about every call against the Celtics too. At least Clyde and Breen are objective.

Heat announcers are really annoying. The play-by-play guy sounds like Professor Fink from the Simpsons.

frink.jpg

Agreed. They complain about every call against the Celtics too. At least Clyde and Breen are objective.

Heat announcers are really annoying. The play-by-play guy sounds like Professor Fink from the Simpsons.

frink.jpg

This is the posts we need,
haha something to make us laugh.

yeah clyde is the man living in NY getting to hear him to pre game and post game, as well as the way he will call a player out knowing he a legend and no one can say anything to him about it is awesome.

Breen has been on an incline since the beginning, I do like Al trautwig too, hes done spot games like twice this past season and sounded comfortable and knows the game as well as any one.

KnicksFan112

Benchwarmer
I think Gus Johnson is the worse. That guy does not keep it real. He never seems to say anything negative about the Knicks. The same could goes for Walt Frazier. Although he's gotten better since last season. My personal faves are Mike Breen and Al Trautwig. They tell it as it is.

Scribbles

Rotation player
Mike Breen is awesome.

Walt Frazier has the quotes we love to repeat...

Gus Johnson is underrated. He's quick with his words, passionate and amusing.

Al Trautwig is a good sideline reporter, he kind of bores me with his play by play commentary...

Lisa = A Good ****...

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Lisa = A Good ****...

LOL

KF112, Frazier always tells it like it is.Infact I think he's the most knowledgeable commentator in the whole league.When I hear him talk, I don't question it.He's always saying things what players should do and should have done, both teams.

Speaking of Frazier, it's kinda funny and sad that the Knicks could ask him for help on defense every game night...Then again, Frazier said he only watches The Animal Planet cause he doesn't want to deal with people, so understandable.I think he'd be a good coach or assistant coach (probably assistant since he probably would be just laid back).

KnicksFan112

Benchwarmer
Frazier is definitely knowledgeable but I thought during the Isiah Thomas era, he was somewhat of a sell out or corporate follower. He would only point out the positives but not mention anything about the 15 game losing streak.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Frazier is definitely knowledgeable but I thought during the Isiah Thomas era, he was somewhat of a sell out or corporate follower. He would only point out the positives but not mention anything about the 15 game losing streak.
I dunno, I only started watching again last season, so I can't say.

Maybe Frazier knew Isiah was bad right off the bat and knew pointing out the bad was stating the all too obvious.

Paul1355

All Star
Have Johhny Hoops and Gus Johnson

Anybody want Johnny Hoops to commentate at least few times this season on TV?

Gus Johnson is the best when it comes to actually announcing a game because he gets you into it.....Clyde is great with his analysis...Mike Breen is pretty good but doesn't have the fire of Gus or the smarts of Clyde...Breen should be a fill in.

Best triple combo would be Johnny Hoops, Gus Johnson and Clyde Frazier...........a million times better then Van Gundy and Mark Jackson commentating because they honestly need to stop.

NYK 33 TaVe

Benchwarmer
Just saying the guys I like the best in order

#1 Frazier
#2 Kenny the jet Smith
#3 Jeff Van Gundy
#4 Mark Jackson
#5 Gus Johnson
#6 Mike Breen <-- nicest guy in real life

Paul1355

All Star
Just saying the guys I like the best in order

#1 Frazier
#2 Kenny the jet Smith
#3 Jeff Van Gundy
#4 Mark Jackson
#5 Gus Johnson
#6 Mike Breen <-- nicest guy in real life

How can you rate Van Gundy and Jackson above Gus Johnson and Mike Breen?

Van Gundy thinks that every play is the best play he has ever seen and that every player that makes a good play is the best player he has ever seen....and every time he starts talking leaves you saying "shut up already"

CoolClyde

Cool Clyde Rules

Walt Clyde Frazier, perhaps greatest Knick of all time, PG for both NBA champ Knick squads, acknowledged 50 best player in NBA history- who can argue with skills, knowledge and cool commentary? Of course he's biased, he's a Knick! It's always interesting to hear Clyde's commentary, whether Knicks are winning or losing, adding players, coaches, etc. He recently called LBJ's walking out at end of CLE/ORL series "despicable" and LBJ "a spoiled brat." I cringed, but Clyde is entitled to speak his mind.

Mike Breen, all pro, all knowledgeable, great with Clyde

Gus Johnson, sometimes excited, as sport fans get, but very polished and intellectual, also great with Clyde. excellent boxing analyst

Knicks have best announcers in the industry, evidenced by amount of work they get on other networks and worldwide sporting events.

Al Trautwig - runs pre/post-games flawlessly, not sure about those other dweebs...
Johnny "Hoops" Andariese - phenomenal radio announcer with Gus, knows the knicks and b-ball. Sure, I'd like to see more of him on TV.
Kelly Trifecta - kinda goofy, but knows his sh*t

recent additions of Tina Cervixio and halftime chick have been downgrade to intellect. I believe she called N8 "Robertson" one of her first interviews.
cute, but lame.

Kenny The Jet Smith was a terrible Knicks announcer - glad he's gone. still hate him for being on winning Houston team vs 94 Knicks. works well with Charles Barkley...

Post-cudos to Marv Albert
For over 30 years beginning in 1967, Albert was the voice of the New York Knicks on radio and television (getting his start by being a ball boy for the Knicks before getting his first break on New York radio) before being let go by the chairman of the MSG Network and Cablevision after Albert criticized the Knicks' poor play on-air in 2004.

clyde_gus.jpg