Time to Trade Chandler

SgtOrange

Benchwarmer
Chandler + Jeffries to Washington for Mike James + Javaris Crittenton.

Congratulations on a successful trade.
Due to Washington and New York being over the cap, the 25% trade rule is invoked. Washington and New York had to be no more than 125% plus $100,000 of the salary given out for the trade to be accepted, which did happen here. This trade satisfies the provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.

Both those players are garbage, we could get more for Chandler, even with Jeffries attached.

New New York

Quiet Storm
I have said it countless time -see my what SG to trade Chandler for thread- that it makes no sense to have Danillo and Chandler, they just do not compliment one another at all.

Chandler is currently my favorite Knick because of his defense and he can score when put at the right position.

The problem is he is not a SG!

Trade him to Minny for Rubio to free up cap space next year and to give us a future PG.

I would also package he and Jefferies for expiring deals if it got us a 2011 1st round pick

Paul1355

All Star
Chandler + Jeffries to Washington for Mike James + Javaris Crittenton.

Congratulations on a successful trade.
Due to Washington and New York being over the cap, the 25% trade rule is invoked. Washington and New York had to be no more than 125% plus $100,000 of the salary given out for the trade to be accepted, which did happen here. This trade satisfies the provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.

how many Pg's do you want...too many

TheChosen1

Benchwarmer
I agree, Donnie "The Don" Walsh should really look into trading Chandler. I don't think we can get decent pieces back for him. But most importantly we should try for draft picks. I know that's a long shot because honestly he is overrated. If we do get a offer for him, I say really take it into consideration.

LOIOSH30

Benchwarmer
Trade Chandler, Nate, and Jeffries to the Clippers for Camby and their 2010 1st round pick...Salaries match, we get our defensive presence in the middle, and a pick in this years draft. Let Nate take the circus to L.A.

DANUTZ39

Benchwarmer
Trade Chandler, Nate, and Jeffries to the Clippers for Camby and their 2010 1st round pick...Salaries match, we get our defensive presence in the middle, and a pick in this years draft. Let Nate take the circus to L.A.

In any trade scenario Nate ( and Lee ) will have to agree with the trade cuz their veto power.

mafra

Legend
The problem with Chandler is he's best suited to play PF. I'll give him a pass right now b/c he's recovering from a foot injury and he's in a rut right now.

Still, this team needs a PG alot more than they need WC. He's not really your SG of the future. He's the one chip we might have to get a PG, or to shed Curry or Jeffries contract.

While Chandler is the least of our problems he might be the only solution we have to getting better.

Knicks must dump Curry and Jeffries and they must find a PG.

We hope Lebron and Gallinari are the SF/PF of our future. This means Wilson is a man w/out a position.

StreetDreams21

I got Soul
The only thing Chandler has done so far that i give him credit for is 1.5 blocks per game.

11 ppg, shooting 37% from the field, 20% from 3....:barf:

bfab99

Benchwarmer
I'm not ready to trade Chandler. Why should we trade Chandler, when it's Chris DuSUck that is causing us all the losing. And didn't Chandler had surgery on his ankle last summer? Wait and see. Chandler will step it up. And wait till we get Nate back. Nate and Chandler together are problems in the paint for the opposing team.

iSaYughh

Starter
bump....
Chandler has yet to reach his ceiling....sky's the limit imo

Yes. It's tough to call.

His value his high and rising.

There is a good chance he isn't a part of our future (for better or worse).

So, it'd be great to trade him now. Chandler and a 1st and Curry for Melo. I dunno.

And regardless, his position is (for better or worse) log jammed by current long-term players: Gallo and Fields.

But if we don't secure a Melo AND Gasol (or Richardson) situation, it'll suck to not have signed him.

If we let our chips fall on just saying, "Melo, we'll sign you offseason and be champions. Wait". And he doesn't.

M.Gasol, Chandler, Richardson isn't a bad consolation type of off-season.

keyser soze

Benchwarmer
Chandler is one of our best all-around players. I'm really not all that interested in trading him for a backup point guard, defensive center, or any other role-player. If he ends up in a deal for Melo, I can probably live with it but I'd still probably be against it because I honestly believe we can sign Melo in the offseason without giving up anything.

Word.. **** outta here with the Trade Chandler shit. Not only is his offense valuable, BUT he's blovking shots and rebounding for us. Trading him takes away a very versatile player from us.. Trade Gallo before Chandler.. Although Chandler's stock is obviously higher right now.

BleedOrange&Blue

Benchwarmer
I think it might be time to consider trading Chandler.

IMO, Chandler has above average athleticism and the natural talent to be a very good SF, but he doesn?t have the matching basketball IQ. Right now, I picture him as a sort of Trevor Ariza type player if he was being used properly. He should use his athletic ability to get to the hoop, score efficiently, draw fouls (he?s a much better FT shooter than Ariza) and play defense. I?d much rather see him score 1o-12 efficient points per night, play defense, and rebound than 15-20 as a result of a lot of extra poor outside shots and way too many 3 pointers. He simply is not a very good outside shooter and he?s killing the team.

Perhaps at some point in his career he will improve his shot (as Ariza did). He?s still very young and didn?t have a good off season being that he had surgery and was on crutches for months. But still, at some point a good player must recognize his own limitations and stay within himself. He does not understand that at all and perhaps never will.

In addition, to me he?s a SF, PERIOD!. He?s never going to be a PF or SG.
IMO Gallo is already the the better SF now and will be WAAAY better by the end of the season. So for the Knicks, I think it might make sense to trade Chandler for a legit SG, picks, or as part of a deal to move Jeffries/Curry eventually.

Homer alert!

gmpknick

Benchwarmer
I think it might be time to consider trading Chandler.

IMO, Chandler has above average athleticism and the natural talent to be a very good SF, but he doesn?t have the matching basketball IQ. Right now, I picture him as a sort of Trevor Ariza type player if he was being used properly. He should use his athletic ability to get to the hoop, score efficiently, draw fouls (he?s a much better FT shooter than Ariza) and play defense. I?d much rather see him score 1o-12 efficient points per night, play defense, and rebound than 15-20 as a result of a lot of extra poor outside shots and way too many 3 pointers. He simply is not a very good outside shooter and he?s killing the team.

Perhaps at some point in his career he will improve his shot (as Ariza did). He?s still very young and didn?t have a good off season being that he had surgery and was on crutches for months. But still, at some point a good player must recognize his own limitations and stay within himself. He does not understand that at all and perhaps never will.

In addition, to me he?s a SF, PERIOD!. He?s never going to be a PF or SG.
IMO Gallo is already the the better SF now and will be WAAAY better by the end of the season. So for the Knicks, I think it might make sense to trade Chandler for a legit SG, picks, or as part of a deal to move Jeffries/Curry eventually.

WHoaaa!!! Wanna make a BIG Mistake...Trade the Thrill...although if it's part of a Melo Deal...I'm cool with it ...but for right now...he's doing outstanding work...17 and 6 night after night and a threat from three is not bad at all. The Knicks are finally stating to show some cohesion and he's part of that rotation. Like the fact he can hit the three and will need attention form the defenceout there..leaving the middle open for Felton and Amare..
Keep Will and watch his #'s go up by the All-Star Break..20 and 10 perhaps..
:peace:

Oakman88

Benchwarmer
If anything the way the Teams shooting we can get rid of Gallo with his one dimensional style of play. Chandler is all around consistent player who plays defense blocks shocks and draws fouls

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Yes indeed. Chandler is so much better than Rudy Fernandez...the fact that they turned it down...if Pritchard were still GM he'd pull the trigger on that one