Knicks-McGrady trade talks

Oldtimer

Rotation player
T-Mac

I believe that Mobley as a trade asset has a very short shelf life and perhaps his trade value disappears this month.

The Knicks will not trade for T-Mac without including Jefferies at least. The Knicks will not include Gallinari. The ESPN article did not say that Houston demanded Gallo as part of a T-Mac package, only that he was virtually untouchable and was the only Knick that would interest Houston.

mafra

Legend
Well I'd rather keep Lebron away from the PF personally so I didn't have to worry about him banging down low all day on defense with a greater risk of taking knocks.

Really some of the comments on this forum nowadays are just "heard it somewhere so I'll agree with it", very little original thinking happening here anymore.

Knicks have to trade either Lee or Hill b/c they wont be able to keep both AND these two are really are only viable options to swinging a deal this year to help us moving fwd into 2010.

I think the best options would be to lure CHI or POR into a possible 3-way deal..... If teams like HOU & GSW, or whatever, don't like what we have.... maybe this is how you make things work.

A guy like Jeffries will have value come trade deadline. Nobody is going to jump on him until then. You'll probably be able to deal him in the offseason anyway (possibly before the draft).

I think the Knicks should target Anthony Randolph & Tyrsu Thomas (get one of these 2) and a young PG. Use LEE, HARRINGTON and even Hill & Chandler if necessray..

If we cans wing deals to bring back a BIG and a PG, along with dumping JJ and getting a 1st... We hit jackpot. Still, any combo of this means we did our job this season.

smokes

Huge Member
Knicks have to trade either Lee or Hill b/c they wont be able to keep both AND these two are really are only viable options to swinging a deal this year to help us moving fwd into 2010.

I think the best options would be to lure CHI or POR into a possible 3-way deal..... If teams like HOU & GSW, or whatever, don't like what we have.... maybe this is how you make things work.

A guy like Jeffries will have value come trade deadline. Nobody is going to jump on him until then. You'll probably be able to deal him in the offseason anyway (possibly before the draft).

I think the Knicks should target Anthony Randolph & Tyrsu Thomas (get one of these 2) and a young PG. Use LEE, HARRINGTON and even Hill & Chandler if necessray..

If we cans wing deals to bring back a BIG and a PG, along with dumping JJ and getting a 1st... We hit jackpot. Still, any combo of this means we did our job this season.

Well that's where the Ellis + Randolph for Curry + Hill + Gallo trade makes headway, we get a young PG and PF out of it and we still have a servicable SF in Chandler for next year no matter who we get in free agency.

As you said Jefferies is most likely tradeable without throwing too much else into the deal, so we would gain 3 mil from the GSW trade and the 7 mill of Jefferies contract. Thats a total of 10 mil cap relief which would definately enable us to sign 1 max contract and fill in the gaps we are going to have in our roster. We'd also have a young PF and SF for a couple more seasons on the cheap, a young PG on a long term contract + our FA signing on a medium-long term contract. That's a nice future for the team right there, however would Walsh dare to trade Gallo? I think not.

ANU

Starter
i actually like what little we've seen of hill.the guys an athletic pf/c with a jumpshot and a great motor,meanwhile ellis is a douche bag with a big ass contract.the only guys i would move randolph for is lee nate or chandler.we need to stock pile young guns in case we have to make a big trade in the off season.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Love the trade - Never happen

As much as I want to keep Gallo on the team there's an interesting trade I managed to put through on ESPN.

GSW:

Randolph
Ellis

Knicks:

Curry
Gallo
Hill

This trade was successful.

In this trade we would clear 3 million cap space for 2010 and get a future star guard in Ellis. GSW has plenty of guards and Mikki Moore just went down indefinately so Curry could potentially be their back up behind Biedrins.

Something to think about...

Lush trade.... I'd run it in a heart beat.

Not sure if I'd say Randolph is any better than Hill, but Ellis over Gallo any day...

My reasoning:

- Get one of the premium hoop attacking speedsters in the NBA - could just be separation anxiety from Spree but how long's it been since we had someone like that? - who can put up 30 and 5 dimes any night in Ellis.

- Gallo's injury is along the same lines as Larry Bird's. At 20 years old he sat out a season (enough said) & now, watching his end to end lumbering jog is pretty depressing. The kid's gonna fall apart I've absolutely no doubt. It's a health issue he'll be combating for life... If he makes it past his final rookie contract year, I'll be surprised...

Ellis v Gallo, Ellis v Gallo....... Ellis wins it for me... I know there are plenty of people out there who love the Cock..... But at the end of the day, your Cock isn't going to have the stamina to perform at any great length.

An extra $3m in space leaves enough room for an extra body on the roster.. That's something we're gonna need...

Lastly, it'll never happen. Would you let your God son be traded away because someone would take on a fat wench like Curry that you are ultimately not responsible for acquiring in the 1st place?

I love this trade come to think of it, but if the only way we can get rid of Curry is with Gallo in tow..... Donnie will either have to fire Mike or watch him quit....

metrocard

Legend
I remember making a trade post that invovled T'Mac, and some dickhead tried bashing me for it.

Hahaha, look at who's realistic now.

smokes

Huge Member

Not sure if I'd say Randolph is any better than Hill, but Ellis over Gallo any day...

My reasoning:

- Get one of the premium hoop attacking speedsters in the NBA - could just be separation anxiety from Spree but how long's it been since we had someone like that? - who can put up 30 and 5 dimes any night in Ellis.

- Gallo's injury is along the same lines as Larry Bird's. At 20 years old he sat out a season (enough said) & now, watching his end to end lumbering jog is pretty depressing. The kid's gonna fall apart I've absolutely no doubt. It's a health issue he'll be combating for life... If he makes it past his final rookie contract year, I'll be surprised...

Ellis v Gallo, Ellis v Gallo....... Ellis wins it for me... I know there are plenty of people out there who love the Cock..... But at the end of the day, your Cock isn't going to have the stamina to perform at any great length.

An extra $3m in space leaves enough room for an extra body on the roster.. That's something we're gonna need...

Lastly, it'll never happen. Would you let your God son be traded away because someone would take on a fat wench like Curry that you are ultimately not responsible for acquiring in the 1st place?

I love this trade come to think of it, but if the only way we can get rid of Curry is with Gallo in tow..... Donnie will either have to fire Mike or watch him quit....

Yeah I agree its 99% chance this trade would not happen with Mike as our coach, but talentwise and contractwise I actually believe its fair for both teams, and it fills the needs of both teams too.

Shame that personal shit can get in the way of good business.

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter

My reasoning:

:teeth::teeth: Classic!

That said, I completely disagree and think the Cock will be penetrating and spitting shit for years! Ellis is Crawford 2.0...no thanks!

metrocard

Legend
if Marbury never got a chance in this system, what makes you think an undersized 2Guard with limited PG skills, injury prone and no leadership ability is going to do for us?

Monta Ellis can only play when he's the best on his team, and when he's the best on his team, his teams usually do bad.

Monta Ellis is a glorified 6th man...you guys are sucking him too hard.

Gallinari over Ellis all ****ing day.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
:teeth::teeth: Classic!

That said, I completely disagree and think the Cock will be penetrating and spitting shit for years! Ellis is Crawford 2.0...no thanks!

Ha!!!!:teeth:

Seriously dude.. I hope the Cock doesn't fall apart. I'd just hate to see it happen. He won't get traded I've no doubt so fingers crossed and all the best to that young, long, streak shooting, back door cutting cock.

No more cock jokes forthwith.

if Marbury never got a chance in this system, what makes you think an undersized 2Guard with limited PG skills, injury prone and no leadership ability is going to do for us?

Monta Ellis can only play when he's the best on his team, and when he's the best on his team, his teams usually do bad.

Monta Ellis is a glorified 6th man...you guys are sucking him too hard.

Gallinari over Ellis all ****ing day.

Like the year the Golden State Warriors burst in as the 8th seed and took out the Mavs in the 1st round?

The same playoffs where Ellis was their 2nd leading scorer? And had virtually the same stat line as Jason Jet Terry? Is he shit too? No. Do you ever know what you're talking about? No. You are a google wench.

I would prefer to have Gallo on board, I made that clear. Just seriously don't think that back's gonna hold up. Just being a Knick fan that expects the worst.

Here's to hoping that it does and he remains (improves as well) such a versatile offensive/defensive threat.

Also....... You predictable turd:

You've seen that 3 posters who you've had your cut and paste wars with ( poodle trying to be a pitbull online again) are actively posting on this thread, and you bring in Marbury for the sake of doing it all again. The warring I mean.

From there after 50 racist, insulting and pointless posts........ The declaration of your online victory in a war of words against the infidels who dared to ever disagree with you.

Do we really need to see this from you again? We all know where you're going.

You're just a ****ing smurf with an attitude. Cut and paste a reply to that.

Paul1355

All Star
I just did this trade on the NBA Trade machine that worked.

Knicks:
McGrady

Rockets:
Eddy Curry
Michael Redd

Bucks:
Jared Jeffries
Darko

Solve's everyone's needs. Saves all teams money and adds to the teams overall needs. Redd has been dangled around the league for past 2 years and will fit better in Houston. The Bucks get Jared to add some much needed versatility and lands Darko to give him a perfect franchise to actually start his NBA career behind Bogut. As for Knicks, we make playoffs and also get rid of the those two albatross contracts
the bucks trade Michael Redd for two bums...rockets get two huge contracts...realistically the Rockets and Bucks would laugh at this idea, even though money wise it makes sense.