radio host says LeBron to stay with Cleveland now then leave later on

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
James will sign ?about a three-year contract ... and then he?ll move on somewhere else.?

---------------

Was wonder if this would happen.Makes sense.I can now see him signing with the Nets since it's gonna be a couple of years until they move to Brooklyn.

Oldtimer

Rotation player
LeBron

It makes a lot of sense. LeBron will have given Cleveland 10 years and perhaps a couple of championships. In three years he will only be 28. Brooklyn will be ready. In the meantime, perhaps another star will be born.

By the time Lebron mucks it up in CLV the Cavs will be older and not as competitive and Teams like the Magic, Bulls, and Knicks will be better overall squads. Kevin Durant will be the best player in the NBA and Lebron will have missed his mark. CLV is so obviously on the decline in terms of their nucleus its not even funny. Losing Shaq just to resign LBJ for a 3 yr deal would be foolish on the part of the CAVS to say ok we know hell walk after 3 yrs, who says this crap. IF LBJ says this summer is too far away to speculate on next year, why would he be speculating on 3 yrs from now

radio

media

who ever fell for this info is an idiot themselves.

tiger0330

Legend
The new CBA is a game changer to me. If I was a player and I had the opportunity to sign a long term deal with a club I would do it now. The owners want to reduce guaranteed money and reduce the max length of contracts by one year in the next CBA, the players of course want to keep everything the same but in the last CBA contracts were cut by one year.

nyk_nyk

All Star
By the time Lebron mucks it up in CLV the Cavs will be older and not as competitive and Teams like the Magic, Bulls, and Knicks will be better overall squads. Kevin Durant will be the best player in the NBA and Lebron will have missed his mark. CLV is so obviously on the decline in terms of their nucleus its not even funny. Losing Shaq just to resign LBJ for a 3 yr deal would be foolish on the part of the CAVS to say ok we know hell walk after 3 yrs, who says this crap. IF LBJ says this summer is too far away to speculate on next year, why would he be speculating on 3 yrs from now

radio

media

who ever fell for this info is an idiot themselves.

Wierdest post of the day award goes to...

Best record in the league two years in a row and they are on the decline???? Ummm ok.

Dude the Celtics had the best record in the league and now they are slowly plummeting

The spurs slowly plummeting

it does happen when your team is built on make shift pieces that slowly are deteriorating

if the CAVS dont win it all this year, they never will in the LBJ era its just that simple

teams are getting better

and the CAVs will be getting worse.

Trust me

Red

TYPE-A
Dude the Celtics had the best record in the league and now they are slowly plummeting

The spurs slowly plummeting

it does happen when your team is built on make shift pieces that slowly are deteriorating

if the CAVS dont win it all this year, they never will in the LBJ era its just that simple

teams are getting better

and the CAVs will be getting worse.

Trust me

add to that, more parody exists in the form of smaller market teams have "superstars"...

and superstars are difference makers in the playoffs meaning

a lot more sure fire teams can (will) be knocked out in early rounds by smaller market teams with superstars.

Its not how it used to be when a few teams had stars and the rest had no shot.

Although the same (star studded) teams reappear in the playoffs like SA and LA- now not so historically successful teams actually have a chance at upsets.

And I agree, like with Boston so many things can happen that take squads from first to worse, and vice versa.

similar to golden state beating dallas a few years ago, or the nuggets taking the lakers to seven games, or the bulls taking the celtics to seven games, or the magic beating the cavs last year, or the hawks taking the celtics to seven games, or the clippers 2 yrs ago take the suns to seven games, or the rockets taking the lakers to seven games, or the mavs demolishing the spurs last year. so on and so on, I feel that overall structure of a team, the cavs are diminishing in talent in the upcoming years, locked down to jameson, james, and verajo and mo williams, is that squad really that much better than what other teams are slowly building as time goes on. would that team be better than a knicks team boasting the likes of bosh, joe johnson, gallo, douglas and t mac ?

knicksin60

Starter
There is only one thing that Knick fans can do, and that is root for the Cleveland Cavaliers and pretend that they're the 1994 NY Knicks.Just think about the benefits that you receive when you're a Cavaliers fan:You root for a team that goes on 14 game winning streaks at least 3 times a season, your team is on TNT every week, you can boast about having the best basketball player in the world on your team and you don't have to listen to anyone talk about how your team sucks.I think that if the Knicks do nothing this summer and Lebron James re-signs with his team, Knick fans should just become Cleveland Cavaliers fans.

Last edited:
I dont ever think about 1994 man, I Was old enough to recall every game at that time, jeez im getting old, regardless, I think about now. Right now speculation is problematic. No one has a clue what is going to happen, lets leave it at that. What I do know is that its not practical for LBJ to not want to comment on this summer in terms of decision making, yet still some how comment on what he wants to do 3 summer from now after signing a short term deal with CLV this summer. It just doesnt make sense to me. ITs like going for a job and telling your employer "hey, I really want this job, pay me X amount of money, but know im quitting in 3 years". With every one around Lebron Declining in skill i.e Big Z gone, Shaq gone, Jameson pushing mid 30s, MO ceiling, West Head case; a GM has to figure that by the time we replace some of these players and move forward with new players around LBJ its going to be 2013 and we will be right back where we are in 2010.

Red

TYPE-A
I just keep thinking about the injury factor coupled w/ nothing is gaurateed notion.

LBJ'S body is really older than most at this stage b/c he's been in the league 7yrs already and been deep in the PO's.

I'm not saying he should fear injury but realistically he should consider a major injury to him or 1 team mate and an entire season can be lost. Its a gamble anyway you go...

so all he has to ask is...

All things comsidered, every choice is a gamble. Would I rather gamble in Ohio or AT LEAST...

go to NY where I'm gauranteed to at least be the biggest current star- win or lose?

Not fame (he already has that) but "The Guy Who Put The NBA back On the Map"!

No one considers that in NY YES LBJ would BE the Biggest Current Star Win or lose- over Kobe or anyone!

that's all you have to ask yourself...

is he ready to handle that? If not he should stay a CAV.