Who misses Robinson?

Kiyaman

Legend
i guess it is get on n8 week ....
i just posted it in this thread .. to not make another 1
but yeah i guess that's why when they were free agents no1 gave them a offer ...

No one gave them a contract offer b/c they were "restricted-FA" inwhich Donnie Walsh wants something in return for each of them.
Plus their agents wanted a "no trade clause" in the contract offer just incase Donnie Walsh match the offer.
This was not hard to figure out when they both were resigned to a one year contract the same as Ben Gordon.

Kiyaman

Legend
Kiya is slowly but surely losing it as the years go on.
I dont know what to make of his rants any more

I Guess thats what the knicks have done to even our greatest fans, turned them into mere shells of their former selves.

Kiya if you need me im here for you.

Thanks, but I will keep up the jibberish I started 2 years ago b/c Walsh & Dantoni was not an improvement above Layden/Isiah.

The Pacers were a joke untill coach Larry Brown & coach Larry Bird made the Pacers into a playoff team. Both coaches called the shots on trades and draft picks, when they were denied both coaches quitted on Walsh.

Dantoni never showed he had the capabilities to develope young players into NBA players in his career as a NBA headcoach. The Knicks had young NBA ready players that needed to be developed.
Shawn Matrix Marion called all the shots when Marbury joined the Phoeinix Suns. Nothing changed when coach Frank Johnson or coach Dantoni took over.

Kiyaman

Legend
I'm very curious ..... do anyone remember the best line-ups the Knicks had on the court in the previous 5 seasons?

I recall in 2005 PG-Nate, SG-Marbury, SF-Lee, PF-Davis, C-Curry, winning 6 straight games.
The next season after that, I remember PG-Nate, SG-Crawford, SF-Balkman, PF-Lee, all coming off the bench with 5 minutes left in the first quarter to out perform every oponent to bring the Knicks back from being behind by 10 to 15 points from our starters Marbury/Frances and Frye/Curry tandem.
I also remember the nucleus of PG-Nate, SG-Marbury, SF-Chandler, coming off the bench to out perform every oponent we had in the preseason games with ease to build 10 point leads in the first quarter and 3rd quarter.

Do I miss N8 the great Robinson? his antics off the bench revive and energize all his bench teammates to play harder for the win.
:gony:
:smokin::smokin::smokin:

dlee420

Banned
N8

No one can stay ready like he does. His work ethic really pays off. If your not rooting for n8 then your not a knick fan and/or your a n8 hater.

CoolClyde

KiyaN8

I like Kiyaman's rants, poor grammar and all (quitted!)
he's down on D'ant, up on N8, and I agree with half of what he says...:)

Seeing N8 in Celtdick green is stomach-churning, rooting for the guy to win and get his ring, yet knowing it's D'amntoni's ego that caused Li'l Him to go green. N8 is gr8.

iSaYughh

Starter
N8 just does his thing. And with proper coaching and harnessing (at his young age), it's possible he could become a lethal, unique player.

A talent and persona like N8 needs to be developed -- and harnessed, with prudent coaching over --time--.

Different players need to be treated differently to maximize their unique skill sets.

The very fact alone that N8 won --many-- games for US alone, got us BACK into games countless times, and revived the crowd like no other...

Yet he was summarily TOSSED (scapegoat? Deflection?.)

Yet he is winning championship games with clutch 4th Q play. The same play we all knew he had and which he repeatedly demonstrated.

A great coach should have the balls and confidence that his skills can coach a flawed talent like N8 into a more complete player. It's a challenge and risk-reward that should be relished IMO

Maybe Walsh mandated he had no 2010 and beyond future bc of money..

jimkcchief88

All Star
N8 just does his thing. And with proper coaching and harnessing (at his young age), it's possible he could become a lethal, unique player.

A talent and persona like N8 needs to be developed -- and harnessed, with prudent coaching over --time--.

Different players need to be treated differently to maximize their unique skill sets.

The very fact alone that N8 won --many-- games for US alone, got us BACK into games countless times, and revived the crowd like no other...

Yet he was summarily TOSSED (scapegoat? Deflection?.)

Yet he is winning championship games with clutch 4th Q play. The same play we all knew he had and which he repeatedly demonstrated.

A great coach should have the balls and confidence that his skills can coach a flawed talent like N8 into a more complete player. It's a challenge and risk-reward that should be relished IMO

Maybe Walsh mandated he had no 2010 and beyond future bc of money..

Another N8 apperance last night!!! WOW!! Its funny you bring up proper coaching because that's the problem. In Phoenix D'antoni had Nash who acted as his "coach on the court" so D'ant didn't have to pay attention to the PG position because Nash was already an All-Star. Fast forward to the Knicks where we have some talent at PG, but it needed to be coached up, which D'ant obviously can't do. Nate landing in Beantown was perfect because Doc is the right guy to coach nate. He has credibilty as a former NBA player with a longtime career under his belt and credibilty as a coach who already has a ring. D'antoni, with all his accolades, has neither of those things. D'ant was to sorry to make it in the NBA even back in the 70's so he ended up in Italy, plus he has never coached a team to the NBA Finals either. So he couldn't handle an-huber talented player like Nate who needed direction, he only knew how to bench him. Just another tragic case of Knicks management not knowing what they have and dumping young talent. Should surprise any of you. Add N8 to the growing list of 2010 playoff performers who the Knicks gave up on too soon......

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
Nate Robinson scored 12 points in game 4 of the NBA Finals, in just 17 minutes. The Celtics won by 7 points.

I don't miss Nate, but I would have preferred to have him on the team than to have let him go. The Knicks didn't even get a draft pick out of it; the trade with Boston was pretty pointless.

CoolGuyC

Rookie
Nate Robinson scored 12 points in game 4 of the NBA Finals, in just 17 minutes. The Celtics won by 7 points.

I don't miss Nate, but I would have preferred to have him on the team than to have let him go. The Knicks didn't even get a draft pick out of it; the trade with Boston was pretty pointless.

At least we got Bill Walker out of the trade.

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
The Knicks number one priority this offseason should be to re-acquire Nate Robinson .. We need his energy and enthusiasm on this team.