Another trade suggestion

rw005

Benchwarmer
What about proposing a trade Eddy Curry + Wilson Chandler to the Memphis Grizzlies for

Hasheem Thabeet and Marcus Williams :2cents:

shaolin

Benchwarmer
Why? Curry is a free agent and the 2011 talent is pretty good. I would not trade until after the draft and talking to key FAs.

dave2138

Rotation player
2011 FA class is pretty weak...you have to consider that a good amount of players will sign extensions this year before the collective bargaining agreement.

Players that I think will definitely be FA after next season and looking to change teams...David West, Jason Richardson, Tony Parker. Don't miss out on this year's group of FA just because you think you have a shot at Carmelo Anthony.

I don't really get the trade proposal. Why would Memphis trade Thabeet who makes 5 mil next year, for Curry who makes 11 mil next year? Thabeet's contract is non guaranteed after next season, so if he really is a bust, they could just do what the Bucks did with Jason Alexander and not pick up his team option.

Wilson Chandler is a restricted FA after this season, he has little trade value to Memphis as well I would think.

shaolin

Benchwarmer
I agree. I am saying that 2011 is pretty good, and it could be a plan B in case things don't go as planned.

Paul1355

All Star
What about proposing a trade Eddy Curry + Wilson Chandler to the Memphis Grizzlies for

Hasheem Thabeet and Marcus Williams :2cents:
Waste Curry's trade asset for Hasheem Thabeet?

We need a starting center and Marcus Williams is still a risk off the court, a project STILL

We can get Collison and Okafor from the Hornets for Eddy Curry and Wilson...both teams fill big needs.