Report : Knicks Virtually Eliminated By Lebron

LJ4ptplay

Starter
So, it would have been better for Donnie to stay home on the biggest day in franchise history???

Him showing up in a wheelchair probably sent the exact opposite message. That Donnie's willing to do anything to make the Knicks better. Respect!

th3realicon

Rotation player
And if Lebron disses the man for showing up in wheel chair, that he is just an idiot. The fact he was willing to show up while incapacitated should speak volumes. The man is passionate and will do what it takes. Lebron making that as an excuse would only prove that he is not willing to come to NY. If that was the case all he needed to do is come clean and say he doesn't want to be here and stop making childish excuses.

What is with all of the media hate for NY? The Knicks have been irrelevant in the NBA for so long so it can't be that. Perhaps it is Yankees envy in that they dominate baseball so the media outside of NY does not want to see NY dominate in basketball also.

tiger0330

Legend
Come on LJ, Wojo is a respected journalist and the first tenet of journalism is to write stories from reliable sources and not to fabricate stories, there were a lot of people at that Knicks meeting so I'm sure somebody gave Wojo their impressions of the meeting.

Remember the Knicks followed the Nets so it would be hard not to make a comparison of the two presentations. If the Nets did great, it might be the Knicks presentation was a hard act to follow.

flknickfan

Benchwarmer
I HATE entourages and if he surrounds himself with the likes of Mav carter and world wide wes I don't want that here.

Blas

Benchwarmer
The first tenet of journalism is to write stories from reliable sources and not to fabricate stories?

Then we have A LOT of journalists who aren't following this "tenet."

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Yeah like Chris Broussard

I'm skeptical because:

1. While it's possible for Isiah to run in and give a crap ass presentation, I don't see Donnie Walsh doing that.

2. They've had two years to prepare for this. There's no way they messed it up.

3. It's a well-known fact that LeBron likes Mike D'Antoni.

If anything it's more likely that Woj heard this from Maverick Carter who's scared that his position as LeBron's business manager is going to get usurped by, I dunno, some average joe in NY who probably has more business and financial sense than Carter

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Could be Maverick Carter doing whatever he can to keep himself out of NY. He's afraid of the big dogs because he's a bottom feeder, feeding off James.

soxxx

Rookie
I love how people are declaring the Knicks dead. They Key to success is not Lebron James. The key is to put together a team. Look at the Spurs. They scouted out people like Manu Ginobli and Tony Parker and those 2 are the reasons why they won 3 titles in 00's. And guess what they have another overseas Star joining them this year who they drafted in 2007 named Tiago Splitter. So now they will probably contend again.

Or lets look at the Celtics they put together a tean and had success.

Sign Amare. Sign Lee. Then next year Sign someone else. Get some chemistry. Find decent position players. Thats what the Knicks have to do.

Paul1355

All Star
<!-- icon and title -->
<!-- / icon and title --> <!-- message -->Report: Knicks Virtually Eliminated By LeBron

James_LeBron_cle.jpg

The Knicks have been virtually eliminated from contention for LeBron James, according to a report from Yahoo's Adrian Wojnarowski.
James' camp categorized New York's presentation as 'lacking preparedness and organization.'

Aspects of the Nets' presentation earlier on Thursday were similar in nature to New York's and were 'sharper' and 'edgier'.
James has reservations about the possibility of his earning potential being greater in New York than in Cleveland to make up a $30M difference in salary.

Via Adrian Wojnarowski/Yahoo! <script type="text/javascript"> tweetmeme_source = 'realgmcom'; </script> <script type="text/javascript" src="http://tweetmeme.com/i/scripts/button.js"></script><iframe src="http://api.tweetmeme.com/button.js?url=http%3A//www.knicksonline.com/forums/showthread.php%3Ft%3D8204%26page%3D3&style=normal&source=realgmcom" width="50" frameborder="0" height="61" scrolling="no"></iframe>

Read more: http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archiv...#ixzz0sZOPJQua
Lebron is an idiot...he would make so much money in NY its not even funny.

I don't think he wants to deal with the pressure of NY, which is why hew ill turn down the Knicks and Nets.

If he signs with the Clippers or some random team, I will see him this as stupidity.

Donnie said he's heard nothing about this from LeBron's camp. I don't believe it for a second. Just more NY bashing from national media outlets.

And yeah Walsh showing up in a wheelchair is the exact opposite of what this says. Use logic.

Paul1355

All Star
Donnie said he's heard nothing about this from LeBron's camp. I don't believe it for a second. Just more NY bashing from national media outlets.

And yeah Walsh showing up in a wheelchair is the exact opposite of what this says. Use logic.
agreed...the rumors are even driving me insane and making me believe bs

mafra

Legend
agreed...the rumors are even driving me insane and making me believe bs

For all we know, Lebron and Wade want to revive the 90s, when NY-CHI battled. This followed the LAL-BOS wars of the 80s.

So they draw straws and see which one goes to CHI. Then they draw again to see who gets Amar'e and who gets Bosh.

Wade-Bosh to CHI, Lebron-Amar'e to NY. Let's go!

For all we know, Lebron and Wade want to revive the 90s, when NY-CHI battled. This followed the LAL-BOS wars of the 80s.

So they draw straws and see which one goes to CHI. Then they draw again to see who gets Amar'e and who gets Bosh.

Wade-Bosh to CHI, Lebron-Amar'e to NY. Let's go!

I remember a couple of weeks ago when Lebron was asked about meeting up with Wade and Bosh on the so called summit, he said something to the effect that the three wanted to discuss what is best for the NBA. Maybe they do want to revive the old rivalries to sustain or increase fan interest. Signing together in Miami I think would have the opposite effect.