Breaking it Down (in ct for carmelos wedding???)....and all the months they waited..

iSaYughh

Starter
Seriously lets stop giving away draft picks.

Why tho? It depends what we get back, the totality of the team we'd have, and how this impacts the worth of picks to the situation.

Felton-Douglas
Melo-Rautin
Gallo-Azzy
Randolph-Turief
Amare-Jordan

What is a couple future 1st pick selections really worth to that team? Factor in the benefit of locking up that team to begin with, and how much that is worth.

Getting a young team that can contend asap is well worth some picks when those very picks lose worth to us the second the trade goes down and we are contenders on the rise.

We got traumatized by Isiah's horrifying giving away of lotto picks and busted lotto selections where I feel we have this instinct to want to preserve draft selections at almost any cost and make amends for the legendary butcherfest our draft situation has been for so long.

Last edited:

smokes

Huge Member
The fact we can get Melo next year for nothing makes gambling our future a pointless exercise.

Yes there's the CBA but players always have the most leverage to get where they want to be.

If Melo truly wants to be in NY then money isn't going to be the biggest factor. We just saw it with the 3 biggest names on the FA market this year taking less money because they all wanted to play in a certain location.

Give them Curry (cap relief), Chandler and/or Walker and/or Azubuike so they can fill their SF gap with an athletic young player and call it a day. Or don't and let them get nothing for him.

XxWinKnicksxX

Benchwarmer
I say give them those picks cause I want melo. But after you put it down like that. I think you gotta go in with a mindset like that. But then you could miss out on melo cause you don't give up something more. Donnie Walsh seems like the perfect guy for that as long as he stays healthy.

smokes

Huge Member
Also consider after what Wade, Bron and Bosh did, it's all the more reason for players to team up. Players like Melo are going to HAVE to go to a team with at least another superstar or 2 to compete with Miami and wrestle those championships away from them.

The Lakers have a good shot but if they lose Fisher they lose a big cog in their winning wheel.

The Celtics, I think they're declining too much now to put in a real contest against the Heat but we'll see.

Either way, players like CP3, Melo who are stuck being the 1 superstar of their team are going to have to look for a way to bring another star in or get out to a team with another superstar. That's why I'm pretty confident we can land Melo without giving away the future at the same time.

Those first rounders might not be worth a whole lot after we get Melo but we've sacrificed enough draft picks recently. We don't even have a first rounder of our own to play with til 2013, do you really want to wait til 2015 til we get to pick in the first round again?

miked1958

Rotation player
I agree. whats the deal with greenwich

i thought Lebron was in ct for this wedding... i guess not cuz he is in MIA....why Gren, CT for decision makes no sense

My original thinking was he did the press conference in Greenwich because he was already going to be in NY for Melos wedding and I figured he didnt want to hold it somewhere in the City, because that would have been a real slap in the face to the KNICKs. So he goes across the state line and does it there. But if that were the case why not fly into hartford and do it right at ESPN studios, or at a Boys and Girls Club near Bristol. So then I hear he flew to Miami for the big party last night. So is he now going to fly back in Sat morning for the wedding. I really dont know what his logic was. He didnt really explain why he picked that paticular Boys and Girls Club last night. Anyway its over. I am in a way glad we didnt get him because in a way we would be the bad guy of sorts. Lets build a team that will be the Kyptonite to Miami s new big 3... lol

XxWinKnicksxX

Benchwarmer
Also consider after what Wade, Bron and Bosh did, it's all the more reason for players to team up. Players like Melo are going to HAVE to go to a team with at least another superstar or 2 to compete with Miami and wrestle those championships away from them.

The Lakers have a good shot but if they lose Fisher they lose a big cog in their winning wheel.

The Celtics, I think they're declining too much now to put in a real contest against the Heat but we'll see.

Either way, players like CP3, Melo who are stuck being the 1 superstar of their team are going to have to look for a way to bring another star in or get out to a team with another superstar. That's why I'm pretty confident we can land Melo without giving away the future at the same time.

Those first rounders might not be worth a whole lot after we get Melo but we've sacrificed enough draft picks recently. We don't even have a first rounder of our own to play with til 2013, do you really want to wait til 2015 til we get to pick in the first round again?

Good points. I already thought about melo knowing he needs some bodys to play with. I think he looks at denver and isn't impressed. He already said this year he wants to see what Denver is gonna do. So we need Denver not to make any big moves if you want Melo.

Sage

Rotation player
Seriously lets stop giving away draft picks.

I hate seeing all our draft picks disappear too but if it was to get Melo I'd be all for it, especially if we were playoff bound and those picks weren't lottery based.

Although I'm more of a fan about putting the best team on the floor this year without giving up a lot. If Melo really wants to come here and we're patient, the Knicks can nab him as a FA next year.

For Melo.. We would most definitely have to give up Gallo.. possibly even Randolph as well. I say we just wait til 2011 and if he REALLY wants to be here like we've been hearing he will be available.

moneyg

Starter
how r u in ny for melos wedding when ur meeting derick fisher at the miami airport???????

this is a joke... dame lebron.. u better than that

CLOWNS