Report: Eddy Curry Will Not Play

Paul1355

All Star
Correction

I kind of doubt they would say this but I also don't doubt that Curry won't play at all. Who knows. I think we're going to have to buy out Curry anyway.
@chernykh: Mozgov was guaranteed a roster spot on the Knicks: Turiaf's backup at center. Amare to play the four. Curry won't play. Agent told Sports.ru

Mozgov will get minutes(Roster spot means the 12 man roster, not starting 5), Turiaf will be the backup Center...it never said Turiaf would backup Mozgov.

Odds are Anthony Randolph will start at Center to make our team extremely athletic and Randolph is the best shotblocker on the team. Makes sense.

Curry not playing is a disappointment but I dont care anymore, we have good big men now.

mafra

Legend
@chernykh: Mozgov was guaranteed a roster spot on the Knicks: Turiaf's backup at center. Amare to play the four. Curry won't play. Agent told Sports.ru

Mozgov will get minutes(Roster spot means the 12 man roster, not starting 5), Turiaf will be the backup Center...it never said Turiaf would backup Mozgov.

Odds are Anthony Randolph will start at Center to make our team extremely athletic and Randolph is the best shotblocker on the team. Makes sense.

Curry not playing is a disappointment but I dont care anymore, we have good big men now.

After last year's shennannigans, shwoing up at practice without shoes.... Curry was done. ONLY WAY he gets any minutes if he busts his butt, but we know this isn't in his nature. Not only is it impossible to get Curry healthy and in shape, and mentally present, but he feels entitled and wont sit and wait to earn his spot.

Like we should jump for joy now that he's ready to go after 2 lost seasons, and he should be put back into the game and play 20 minutes!

What a joke.

And forget cutting Curry. Last thing we want is for Curry to play for league min. down in MIA and get taken for a free ride. Either he negotiates a buyout or else he sits behind Landry.

AS FOR CENTER. Turiaf will start. He's the vet and best compliments STAT. Randolph will be worked in slowly. At first he'll dominate 2nd stringers, then play the 4th and eventually start. Right now, this is about STAT, and Turiaf is best to help him out for now. Turiaf plays 15 minutes, with Randolph getting bulk anyway.

lilman_bklyn

Rotation player
I figure this is a perfect spot for me to start my own idiotic illogical rant akin to the d'antoni dickhuggers... this will be where I start to praise eddy curry because of the fact he once averaged 20 points a game and 57% fg. Seeing how you guys love D'antoni hard body for winning once upon a time in Phoenix...

Stop Hating on Curry all he needs is 1000 touches a year and he'll average 20 points and shoot 57% from the field. now that the knicks have the players around him where he can show his skill level, the Knicks should definitely catapult to the elite in the eastern conference...

Kiyaman

Legend
I figure this is a perfect spot for me to start my own idiotic illogical rant akin to the d'antoni dickhuggers... this will be where I start to praise eddy curry because of the fact he once averaged 20 points a game and 57% fg. Seeing how you guys love D'antoni hard body for winning once upon a time in Phoenix...

Stop Hating on Curry all he needs is 1000 touches a year and he'll average 20 points and shoot 57% from the field. now that the knicks have the players around him where he can show his skill level, the Knicks should definitely catapult to the elite in the eastern conference...

:agreed:
Damntoni/and brother Dan are clueless on how to coach a NBA center.
Shaq arrived in Phoenix in February. and the Dantoni brothers were dismiss in May. In Shaq career in the NBA, all the headcoaches that couldnt write-up 2 or 3 design plays for Shaq on offense/defense were imediately dismissed.

We all knew Eddy Curry was a "Project" when we got him (in Chicago,
Curry lead the league in getting caught for the 3-second violation in the paint).
We were lucky to have coach/trainer Mark Aquire to train Curry on his foot work moves in the paint to put a end to the 3-second violations, plus design several low post moves for Curry to score 54% fgs.
We also had Kareem Abdul Jabbar on our pay roll as a scout at the time, when we couldve best use Kareem Jabbar as a tandem bigman trainer with Mark Aquire conditioning Curry as a NBA center.
We didnt, but Lakers coach Phil Jackson offered Jabbar the training job for Bynum.

This KO forum has forgotten why u hire a certain coach or manager for your
team. Alot of KO members has been thinking like owner James Dolan whom admitted he knows little about Basketball/Hockey.
Its ashame to admit the last 3 decent headcoaches the Knicks had were Pat Riley/JVG/and Chaney. And last best manager was Ernie Grunfield.
:gony:

Kiyaman

Legend
The 3 players we got in the sign and trade for David Lee (GS knows they got
the best in that trade by a very large margin) all 3 of GS players has been 24
or less minute players for the past 3 years in the NBA.
Did someone mention starting one of these 3 players?
:crossfingers::crossfingers::crossfingers:

NBATV top-10 best dunk highlights of the 2009-10 season,
has Amare doing an embarrasing dunk over GS Turiaf.

If we are lucky, before Walsh fire Damntoni n brother, Walsh personally picks out
the Knicks starting lineup and 6th man for the two idiot coaches:
C-Curry/PF-Amare/SF-Chandler/SG-Walker/PG-Felton/6th-Randolph
:gony: where's Gallo in this lineup? on the bench earning his playingtime
minutes this season. Did Gallo look like the best shooter u ever seen in
the NBA?
Kiya :smokin:

iSaYughh

Starter
Kiya...

How can you say GS got the best of the deal?

Lee was leaving the Knicks.

They signed him to a big contract. And also had to shell out a premier prospect many thought was (and he was!) untouchable prospect...And a top backup big who can block, enforce, and is considered an excellent teammate. Sound like something our Knicks can use??? A big with toughness, attitude, and defensive ability!

Tbh, before the deal, I actually wanted us to try to retain Lee! But, once Walsh and d'ant decided he didn't fit and it wasn't going to happen...

We made out like kings!

And GS paid a kings ransom in money -- AND players!

You of all ppl should relish AR-47. Randolph is a young, exceptionally talented big man who can move like a gazelle and play ferocious defense in the process!

A potential star with brewing big time talent you can be groomed!

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
Have any of you who belittle Coach D's use of NBA centers noticed that his offensive system isn't exactly tailored to throwing it down low to the five and letting him go to work. D'ant's O is a running offense, geared towards getting out early in the shot clock to score quickly. It can be quite devastating if the right players are on the floor. Turiaf IMHO fits his system well . The man can run, defend, is unselfish and a willing passer. He will be the starter on opening night.

My projected starting lineup for this upcoming season:

C- Turiaf
PF - Amare
SF - Gallo
SG - Azubuike
PG - Felton

First off the pine will probably be AR. I think he will bolster the bench and possibly be a candidate for sixth man of the year.

Those of you that think he's a starter are overestimating where he is currently as far as b-ball IQ. While he has all of the talent and potential in the world, to me this is the big difference between him and someone like Bosh, Garnett or even Amare. He needs more time to grow and develop. I would be suprised if he starts at C on opening night.

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound

Are F-ing serious?? :barf:

CoolClyde

'Antoni's Short-Man Rotation

Don't forget, 'Antoni (no D) plays a short rotation, 8-9 players.
Rooks will not get playing time, unless rotation is not working.

who do you think will NOT be playing....?
CURRY sausage is last on the playing list, first on the bench.

Players:

PG - Raymond Felton, Toney Douglas<o></o> (PG/SG)
SG - Bill Walker, Kelenna Azubuike (G/SF)
SF - Danilo Gallinari, Wilson Chandler<o></o>
PF - Amar'e Stoudemire (PF/C) Anthony Randolph (PF/C)<o></o>
C - Ronny Turiaf (C/PF), Timofey Mozgov

Amar'e, Randolph, Turiaf and Mozgov can split time at C position, with Jerome Jordan (and Earl Barron if he signs) getting minutes before Curry sees the light. The Fat Bastid is permanently in the doghouse unless he miraculously picks up his game/health/mental attitude in pre-season.
At this point, Curry is an expiring contract/trade chip

Bench:
Landry Fields (SF)
Jerome Jordan (C)
Andy Rautins (PG)<o></o>
Earl Barron (C)
<!--EndFragment--> Eddy Curry (C)

loser_toni.jpg

Paul1355

All Star
Have any of you who belittle Coach D's use of NBA centers noticed that his offensive system isn't exactly tailored to throwing it down low to the five and letting him go to work. D'ant's O is a running offense, geared towards getting out early in the shot clock to score quickly. It can be quite devastating if the right players are on the floor. Turiaf IMHO fits his system well . The man can run, defend, is unselfish and a willing passer. He will be the starter on opening night.

My projected starting lineup for this upcoming season:

C- Turiaf
PF - Amare
SF - Gallo
SG - Azubuike
PG - Felton

First off the pine will probably be AR. I think he will bolster the bench and possibly be a candidate for sixth man of the year.

Those of you that think he's a starter are overestimating where he is currently as far as b-ball IQ. While he has all of the talent and potential in the world, to me this is the big difference between him and someone like Bosh, Garnett or even Amare. He needs more time to grow and develop. I would be suprised if he starts at C on opening night.
the odds of Azabuike being a starter after coming off a torn patela surgery is very low....the Knicks are cautious to play him big minutes since they did the same with T Mac and that failed.

Best chance is Wilson starting with Walker off the bench, Azabuike will start with low minutes increasing week after week.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Azibuike shouldn't get too many minutes at first, I agree.

I think they should probably platoon it between Walker and Chandler. Whomever plays better gets the starting spot...

DieHardPassion

Benchwarmer
Sad for Curry

Two years ago, this guy was on the verge of becoming an all star but really was on the verge of the becoming the fattest man in the NBA. I feel sorry for him the same way I do for homeless people, how he has ruined a precious opportunity that he most likely can't get back. Man, this is his life, I can't think of any reasons to why he rather eat those tons of big macs. I think it's the end of the road for Curry and for his NBA career. I hope Knicks can just buy his contract out because this guy is a bad influence and causes long lines at the Garden's hamburger stands.

metrocard

Legend
I can't believe people still make Eddy Curry threads....just ignore this guy...he's been on the Knicks for too long, the best thing to do is just ignore his presence until he does something good like get a good player in a trade if that ever happens.

mafra

Legend
I can't believe people still make Eddy Curry threads....just ignore this guy...he's been on the Knicks for too long, the best thing to do is just ignore his presence until he does something good like get a good player in a trade if that ever happens.

I love the line in the story that infers.... If Curry wasn't a Knick the NY could have afforded 3 max contracts. At least close to it. And they could've had Tyrus Thomas and J-Noah. NICE. Thanks Isiah!

metrocard

Legend
I love the line in the story that infers.... If Curry wasn't a Knick the NY could have afforded 3 max contracts. At least close to it. And they could've had Tyrus Thomas and J-Noah. NICE. Thanks Isiah!

Worst trade in Knicks history, IMO.

mafra

Legend
Worst trade in Knicks history, IMO.

I still think the post-Ewing era morphed into a complete disaster because four simple things went horribly wrong:

FACT #1: New York Knicks had a shot to catch lightning in a bottle. Fresh off their miraculous run the Finals, as the 8th seed after finishing 27-23 in the shortened lock-out season....

We'll never know what might have happened, had Dolan sat tight and resist the urge to fire Ernie Grunfeld during the 1999 season. At the time, the Knicks were underachieving (21-21) and on the verge of missing thre post season. Baby Dolan just took over control from his father, and he wanted to make his mark.... Do what most dictators do when they come into power - lob off some heads.

Before Scott Layden would take over, Mr. Ed Tapscott would serve as interim GM. He would finish out the year and oversee the upcomin draft. We didn't realize it then (even though this boner has now reached almost mythological status) but this draft could have been our shortcut to the post-Ewing era. Had we got "lucky" here, we would have transitioned from Ewing to non-Ewing without so much a hiccup. Instead, we blew our chance.

Tapscott drafts a frenchman, Frederic Weis, with our first round pick. Everyone knew, and called for, Ron Artest. Tapscott passes on the local kid, and he gets taken with the next pick (like 10 seconds after Stern utters WEISS).

Sure, everyone was going Euro back then. It was in vogue. The international players were gaining a reputation by the end of the 20th century, and we were on the right track. For example, in the second round the Knicks drafted JR Koch with 49th pick. Eleven picks later the Spurs draft Manu Ginobili!

WOW. We had our shot folks. Ron Artest and Manu Ginobili are still leading their teams into the post season, producing and putting up numbers. Doesn't it burn? Not only does San Antonio beat us in the 1999 NBA Finals, but here they are doing what we needed to do.... Transitioning into the post-David Robinson era in a smooth (and lucky) fashion!

FACT #2: Trading Ewing for bad contracts upon worse contracts and so-on. We should have simply let his contract expire. Bad move Scott Layden. Trading him for half a-carrahap of nothing useful was stupid and destructive. That's all I;m going to say about that! 'Nuff!

FACT #3: Enter Isiah Thomas. Trades for Steph Marbury. Like an addict looking for a quick fix, he bought high.... PHO had a nice little run with Marbury at the helm, he was a local kid, so IT swung for the fences right away. Pulled an oblique hacking away, didn't he? He did average 19 & 19 & 21 & 8, and got us into the playoffs... but then he broke down (in more ways the one). What hurt were the draft picks we gave away!

If we could go back in time, we would have resisted the urge for the quick fix and dove into the free agent pool.... Steve Nash was a free agent, and we helped PHO rebuild but giving them cap releif.

FACT #4: And here we are again... Helping other teams rebuild, right? First it was San Antonio, then Phoenix and now it's our turn to help our former arch enemy, the Chicago Bulls. After we signed free agent Jamal Crawford, we decide to go for it all again.... Trade for Eddy Curry. Curry did have 1 good year, but his lack of effort was legendary in CHI and we should have been aware of this!

Again, as with Marbury, I see what Thomas was thinking. Curry was young and was a legit NBA CENTER. These don't grow on trees, and we tried to find a way to lcuk into one. I mean, not like Sweetney or anything was something special. Even with the next pick (#2 in 2006), had Curry been in that draft he might have been taken over Aldridge or Thomas, and who knew about B-Roy?

Still, IT should have done his homework. He saw Curry as another CHICAGO kid, like he, and felt he could work with him.... Being from CHI though, he should have been aware of the warning signs. The heart of Curry (not his heart).

When you consider that we gave up 2 potential lottery pick.... This was the killer.

FINALLY.... although 3 GMs had a hand in robbing a decade from the lives of us Knicks fans, the one person who deserves the most blame- James Dolan!

The dude traded away Spree and Camby b/c of a bogus problem with media relations mandatory meetings. He axed a proven GM, and had an idiot ruin a critical draft, and then handed the keys to his franchise to 2 inexperienced but well-meaning GMs.

Knicks had a shot to draft guys like Artest and Ginobili... could have matched those 2 with Camby... Who knows what happens after that!