sasha vujacic backing up rudy at the 2???

moneyg

Starter
http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/68405/20100728/lakers_are_trying_to_deal_vujacic/

The lakers are willing to throw in a first round draft pick just to get sasha off their cap. he is owed 5.5 for 2010 expiring

since we are about 3 mil under and sasha having an expiring contract.. would he be a nice pickup to backup the 2 spot behind rudy???

unlike rudy.. we wouldnt have to give up anything or much and we would also grab a future first rounder..

we trade chandler 2.1 mil
aquire rudy 1.2 mil (save 900k)
aquire vujacic 5.5 mil with our 4 mil under the cap and lakers future first rounder

sasha can always back up felton at the 1 and we can play him and TD together....

20 mil in expiring contracts for future trade or Melo in 2011 and im not including the team options for randolph, td, walker and gallo for over 9 mil incase any of those guys dont work out.

this is how u build a good team with flexabilty for the future...

LJ4ptplay

Starter
That would be amazing. Chandler for Vujacic and Rudy? Crazy. I would definitely jump on that.

I think Chandler would have to go to the Lakers (saves them $3 mil) and the 1st round pick would have to go to Portland. And we would get Sasha and Rudy.

That seems fair to me.

mafra

Legend
That would be amazing. Chandler for Vujacic and Rudy? Crazy. I would definitely jump on that.

I think Chandler would have to go to the Lakers (saves them $3 mil) and the 1st round pick would have to go to Portland. And we would get Sasha and Rudy.

That seems fair to me.

Not necessarily.... LA wants to shed Vukacic's contract and POR knows Rudy wont play there next year. BOTH have strong desire to move those players and get something, but those expectations are certainly low.

POR wants a 1st round selection. LA wants that 5 mil off their books.

Seems like we shouldn't have to give up Chandler for this. We take VUK and RF, LA sends their 1st and we send a 2nd to POR, and LA is free of that 5 mil.... Obviously, with these 2 we could dump Douglas or Walker, so let LA take their pick.

moneyg

Starter
heck if we can keep chandler inall of this... the better.. i like this deal and i hope donnie is paying attention:smokin:

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
Sasha can hit threes and he is a hound defensively. He's one of those annoying defenders that can frustrate opponents.

I wouldn't mind having him actually.

Last edited:

moneyg

Starter
I mean atleast Duhon broke all the time record in assist in a game.

Sasha can't do anything good.

sasha is more of a SG than a PG so assist wont happen.. but 3pt shooting is good..

Quick question....how is how suppose to get valuable minutes on a championship team like the lakers????. he averaged 8 minutes a game last year in the triangle offense.. haha...

at least he is aggressive and not scared to take a big shot unlike chandler.... who is not a SG and never will be..

oh yeah and anybody that rather have duhon than sasha.... is just ignorant

keyser soze

Benchwarmer
It's not a terrible idea because it would instantly make us two-deep at Shooting guard. The issue for me, however, is I'd like to settle the Chris Paul thing first. If I'm Walsh and I have valuable info that the Hornets just aren't trading Paul before the deadline this year, then I would definately consider this move. ( I say 'consider' because I'd still have my qualms about giving up Chandler, who I think is a better all around player than either Sasha OR Rudy) In the meantime, Chandler is still a nice trading piece in a potential move for CP3 and I'd still be bugging New Orleans with plenty of phone calls.

moneyg

Starter
It's not a terrible idea because it would instantly make us two-deep at Shooting guard. The issue for me, however, is I'd like to settle the Chris Paul thing first. If I'm Walsh and I have valuable info that the Hornets just aren't trading Paul before the deadline this year, then I would definately consider this move. ( I say 'consider' because I'd still have my qualms about giving up Chandler, who I think is a better all around player than either Sasha OR Rudy) In the meantime, Chandler is still a nice trading piece in a potential move for CP3 and I'd still be bugging New Orleans with plenty of phone calls.

agreed but no way is chris paul geting traded before the season... its just not gonna happen...NOH has told him that their best trade for their franchise might not be to a contender... so let see how things shake out by the trade deadline... they know at this point they wont get equal value back and the nets have emerge as a possible destination.. yes the nets.. and they will be worse than NOH this year.. paul has no leverage...unless NOH is dreadful by the deadline

keyser soze

Benchwarmer
agreed but no way is chris paul geting traded before the season... its just not gonna happen...NOH has told him that their best trade for their franchise might not be to a contender... so let see how things shake out by the trade deadline... they know at this point they wont get equal value back and the nets have emerge as a possible destination.. yes the nets.. and they will be worse than NOH this year.. paul has no leverage...unless NOH is dreadful by the deadline

I totally agree. There is just about no chance he gets traded before the start of the season. But that's exactly what I'm saying. I want to wait until right up until the deadline before we trade Chandler to see if we can use him in a CP3 deal. In the meantime, you bombard the Hornets with phone calls and stay in the loop. And I agree with you about NJ, they are definately a threat for Paul because they have a lot of draft picks and young assets. (Including Derrick Favors)

moneyg

Starter
I totally agree. There is just about no chance he gets traded before the start of the season. But that's exactly what I'm saying. I want to wait until right up until the deadline before we trade Chandler to see if we can use him in a CP3 deal. In the meantime, you bombard the Hornets with phone calls and stay in the loop. And I agree with you about NJ, they are definately a threat for Paul because they have a lot of draft picks and young assets. (Including Derrick Favors)

no i got u .. i just dont think chandler is an option for NOH... i mean he wont make or break the trade... they have posy, julian wright, thorthan and peja. .. all at the three.. i think they would be more interested in randolph repalacing posey and gallo replaceing peja... so chandler can can go.. no way chandler is the ceterpiece in any trade with NOH... he has no value to them

keyser soze

Benchwarmer
no i got u .. i just dont think chandler is an option for NOH... i mean he wont make or break the trade... they have posy, julian wright, thorthan and peja. .. all at the three.. i think they would be more interested in randolph repalacing posey and gallo replaceing peja... so chandler can can go.. no way chandler is the ceterpiece in any trade with NOH... he has no value to them

I thought Peja was a 2 for them (or at least could play both). And I agree that Chandler wouldn't be a centerpiece (That would certainly be Gallo or AR and very likely Gallo) but I would think they would want as many young talented players as they could squeeze out of us and Chandler averaged 15 and 5 last year for us and has plenty of upside. You're probably right, though, Chandler wouldn't be a necessity in a CP3 trade. But I would still hope to hang on to all of our pieces to maximize the strength of our position in the bidding war as much as possible.

sasha is the one of the worst NBA players in the league..i would do rudy for chandler straight up and we could keep that moron sasha far away from this organization

elcol

Rotation player
sasha is the kind of guy that gets you technicals and starts fight, no way would i want him, what a wimp, he would make the knicks team chemistry anything but better.