Mozgov VS Turiaf

Do you want to bring back the Bad Boy image to NY?

• NO! We should play the SSOL and prance up and down the court

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bad Boys terrifies me, because I have a v"#$%a

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
At 1:34 in this clip, Mozgov quite literally hoop rapes Turiaf. This kid's enormous and fluid in his motions. It looks like he covets the confrontation in the paint.

Hopefully, he becomes the bad boy off the bench for us that'll eat away at the stamina of opposing starting centers with hard fouls, physical box outs and good second and third attempts on the offensive glass. Basically a 7'1" Eduardo Najera + athleticism.

Juxtapose last season's front court VS this season's, and the level of physicality that we'll get from Stalin - I mean Mozgov - RT and Stat is not only far and away at a higher level, but, if it is a success, it could be one of the NBAs most bruising front court combos.

This, of course, is me living in a perfect world.

But with this front court including Randolph, how Andy Roth can give the Knicks a D in his Atlantic Division off season grading is beyond me, seeing that D in itself, is the operative abbreviation for where NY has improved the most.

knicksclassicwi-1.jpg

yeah both of these dudes will be work horses, and can finish around the rim, and seem to have high ball IQ's which is evident by their positioning on the court and ability to cut, which will make it tough for a lot of teams.

I honestly feel that right now

K garnett - Amare = Edge knicks
J oneal - Randolph = Edge knicks
Peirce - Gallo = Slight Edge Celtics
Allen - Chandler = Slight edge Celtics
Rondo - Felton = Edge Celtics

Bench

Edge knicks

I think we could easily battle the Celtics this season if you check the match ups

and we are younger which mean by 2011-12 we will have moved ahead of one of the current eastern conference champions

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
yeah both of these dudes will be work horses, and can finish around the rim, and seem to have high ball IQ's which is evident by their positioning on the court and ability to cut, which will make it tough for a lot of teams.

Bench

Edge knicks

I think we could easily battle the Celtics this season if you check the match ups

and we are younger which mean by 2011-12 we will have moved ahead of one of the current eastern conference champions
In regard to Boston fading and the Knicks rising, you can say the same about a lot of young teams in the East:

-Wizards will obviously be on the rise with McGee, Blatche and Wall
-76ers with Turner, Holiday, Iguodala and Young
-Nets have a great front court
-Bucks set to explode
-Chicago look deadly

The power struggle is only going to get tougher in the next 2-3 years, I hope we can get the 2 spot sorted out and be legit playoff threats for at least 5 years to come.

At this stage, we have the best front court IMO, but until we address the back court issues, we'll remain somewhere in the middle of the uprising eastern squads. As a new wave of contenders come through, NY will have to play their cards almost flawlessly to be mentioned among the east elite in the oncoming years.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
Mozgov looks alright but I'm still not convinced. Seems like an awful lot of money to spend on a project that will most likely only get garbage time minutes.

I wonder if we only spent this money on a 1 year contract and non-guaranteed next year, to fill up space for this year and use the cap space next year?

Or maybe they actually think he will play. Possibly they looked at the success Amare had playing next to Robin Lopez. Lopez wasn't required to do much more than defend, block shots and intimidate. Maybe that is all they plan for Mozgov.

It still seems unlikely that he will play much. Can't shoot and low IQ typically equal bench time in D'Antoni's system. We'll see.

I still wish we had given that money to Anthony Morrow. We would have the SG position solidified and wouldn't be talking about having to trade assets for Fernandez.

NYKjames

Rookie
Edge Celtics..

Bench

Edge knicks

erm what? You forgot about the starting center's for each team, and compared two completely different players.

Kevin Garnett - Amar'e Stoudemire = SLIGHT edge Knicks.
Jermaine O'Neal - Anthony Randolph = Can't compare them. Other than height, they are two completely different players. Not to mention O'Neal is their backup Center and Randolph is going to be a backup wing player, maybe PF.
Paul Pierce - Danilo Gallinari = edge Celtics.
Ray Allen - Wilson Chandler = edge Celtics.
Rajon Rondo - Raymond Felton = edge Celtics.
Kendrick Perkins - Ronny Turiaf = edge Celtics.

Essentially, the Celtics are better than the Knicks at every position other than Power Forward; Stoudemire/Garnett. And that's only because of age. Garnett on a good day at age 34 is still probably just as good as Stoudemire.

clumsy

Rotation player
Derrick Harper you are crazy.

K garnett - Amare = Edge Knicks
J oneal - Randolph = Even. Randolph has crazy potential but he is unproven still.
Peirce - Gallo = Edge Celtics
Allen - Chandler = Giant Edge Celtics
Bench
Knicks

NYKjames

Rookie
Knicks bench?

I don't see how the Knicks have a clear cut better bench than the Celtics. The Knicks have alot of young players with talent, but they are all unproven.
Let's compare benches... Bolded ones - edge
Knicks
PG_Toney Douglas
SG_Bill Walker
SF_Landry Fields
PF_Anthony Randolph
C_Timofey Mozgov

Celtics
PG_Nate Robinson
SG_Michael Finley (FA)
SF_Marquis Daniels
PF_Glen Davis
C_Jermaine O'Neal

The only reason I picked Davis over Randolph is because Davis was a beast in the post season and has proved he can be effective against the best in the NBA. But other than that... Nate is by far a better offensive talent than Douglas-even with his poor shot selection. Jermaine O'Neal is better than every center the Knicks have on their roster. Marquis Daniels, when healthy is a good contributing role-player (not that I know tons about him), and Landry Fields could be a good role player, but who knows.
So again, why does everyone give the edge to the Knicks bench? Nate/Big Baby/J-O? or all rookies/unproven talent.

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound

Bench

Edge knicks

DFDH, seriously WTF. I want the 20 sec of my life that you waisted back!

stuntmanmike

Benchwarmer
problem with the fanboys on this board is they think the game is played on paper... guess the fuk what... it ain't... wank off all you want on this roaster ... the proof will be played out on the hard boards.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
problem with the fanboys on this board is they think the game is played on paper... guess the fuk what... it ain't... wank off all you want on this roaster ... the proof will be played out on the hard boards.
Ummmmm.... Speaking of wanking, aren't you the dude that saw Ricky Rubio and Al Jefferson as the next Knick revolution? The same wanker that had Al Jefferson at center? That, in itself, is class A wank.

Por vou

platnumn

Benchwarmer
How are you going to give a SLIGHT edge to Paul Pierce vs. Gallo? Pierce was Finals MVP, and carried the Celtics single-handedly for how many years?

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
How are you going to give a SLIGHT edge to Paul Pierce vs. Gallo? Pierce was Finals MVP, and carried the Celtics single-handedly for how many years?

I think the emphasis in DFDH's post is on the declination of the Celtics. Paul Pierce has slowed down noticeably. Can't deny that.

Is this attack on DFDH retaliation for the "Will The Real Knick Fans Please Stand Up" thread? Because it looks like all bar one post is from a new member here.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
NJ sucks, Philly sucks, Washington sucks, Indy sucks. We are in for a good season

You seem to have missed the future tense in my post.

Mozgov looks alright but I'm still not convinced. Seems like an awful lot of money to spend on a project that will most likely only get garbage time minutes.

I wonder if we only spent this money on a 1 year contract and non-guaranteed next year, to fill up space for this year and use the cap space next year?

Or maybe they actually think he will play. Possibly they looked at the success Amare had playing next to Robin Lopez. Lopez wasn't required to do much more than defend, block shots and intimidate. Maybe that is all they plan for Mozgov.

It still seems unlikely that he will play much. Can't shoot and low IQ typically equal bench time in D'Antoni's system. We'll see.

I still wish we had given that money to Anthony Morrow. We would have the SG position solidified and wouldn't be talking about having to trade assets for Fernandez.

Morrow would have been ideal. Don't get why he wasn't even mentioned in any articles. The Nets signed him for $4M/season for 3 years, and we offer more to Shannon Brown. WTF is going on?

Mozgov's contract definitely looks bloated, but as you say, the options can be used for cap relief. Big bodies are trade-able as well in a league that's smaller than ever. That on top of the fact that if he does play well, and we look to trade early, he'll be a decent bargaining chip for tight teams clinging to their stars.

The FIBA WCs are going to be a good 'non highlight based' opportunity to see what Mozgov can bring to NY.

I think the emphasis in DFDH's post is on the declination of the Celtics. Paul Pierce has slowed down noticeably. Can't deny that.

Is this attack on DFDH retaliation for the "Will The Real Knick Fans Please Stand Up" thread? Because it looks like all bar one post is from a new member here.

Thank you

I was speaking in terms of being in better position going ahead with this season onto a few seasons from now as well.

WE are set up to be a better team than the celtics

J oneal
Pierce
Perkins
Garnett
Allen
finley

lets see these gays get through the entire season

I personally feel like we are more athletic, faster, and younger than the celtics

which will result in us beating them if not this year, but for years to come.

and the wizards, indy, and nets are not better than us I am sorry.

Lopez favors

is not better than

amare turiaf randolph

their bench is so mish mosh and fi

Paul1355

All Star
At 1:34 in this clip, Mozgov quite literally hoop rapes Turiaf. This kid's enormous and fluid in his motions. It looks like he covets the confrontation in the paint.

Hopefully, he becomes the bad boy off the bench for us that'll eat away at the stamina of opposing starting centers with hard fouls, physical box outs and good second and third attempts on the offensive glass. Basically a 7'1" Eduardo Najera + athleticism.

Juxtapose last season's front court VS this season's, and the level of physicality that we'll get from Stalin - I mean Mozgov - RT and Stat is not only far and away at a higher level, but, if it is a success, it could be one of the NBAs most bruising front court combos.

This, of course, is me living in a perfect world.

But with this front court including Randolph, how Andy Roth can give the Knicks a D in his Atlantic Division off season grading is beyond me, seeing that D in itself, is the operative abbreviation for where NY has improved the most.

knicksclassicwi-1.jpg
As of right now, you have to give it to Turiaf because of his experience, energy, shotblocking ability, etc.....I do think that Mozgov can be better than Turiaf but we have to wait and see....for all we know Mozgov can be a total bust, which is why his contract is not even guranteed.

Right now:Turiaf
In the future: Mozgov

Amare and the giant Mozgov both athletic big men can be scary, IF Mozgov is as good as Donnie hopes he can be.