Kobe talks to Melo and says...............

Damn Dolan should have sent Kobe to talk to LeBron not Isiah!

i hope Mello listened. If he really wants the Knicks he will do everything he can to make sure he goes to the KNICKS.

XxWinKnicksxX

Benchwarmer
This summer we just had will be remembered for ever. This could make the Knicks a lot better. I mean we could be fine and next year Randolph plays a lot better, felton, gallo, ect...... But if we get Carmelo, Thats the best news you could ask for. Unless we give up to much, Or you don't like him.

Hopefully Kobe Knows Melo wants to be in in NYC and play for the knicks and hes saying don't set your self short. It's gonna impact your life and your always gonna look back when you get older and think WHAT IF?

Who knows... after Lebron I don't really care anymore. I will be upset for about a week and get sick to my stomach when I see him in a nets or bull jersey though. That will be the worst.. Seeing my favorite bball player of all time play on the nets or the bulls. Ouch.....

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
That's good advice.

Notice how Kobe said Melo should do what's best for him and his family? And make a move he would be happy with? And not just leave for the sake of leaving?

Melo's wife works in NY and that's the best place for him and his family. Make a move he'd be happy with? Gets to play with Amar'e and gets the big stage in NY.

Leave for the sake of leaving? He wants a title, and if the Nuggets can't keep him, he'll go somewhere where he can win. Good advice from Kobe.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Alan Hahn made a good point that was brought up on TheKnicksBlog about how just because Carmelo signs the extension prior to the new CBA coming into effect, it doesn't necessarily mean he'll see all of that money.

This is what Hahn wrote about it:

The rush to force a trade from Carmelo’s perspective, of course, involves the expiration of the current collective bargaining agreement and fears from his camp that, under the new system that is expected to be much more restrictive than the current deal, he’ll never see the kind of money he has on the table right now.
Let’s recall the 2004-05 NHL lockout and one of the most controversial issues that led to the entire season being cancelled: the league’s call for a 24 percent rollback on current contracts. The reason for the rollback was to re-set the value structure of current contracts to fit into the hard cap system they wanted to put in place. In other words, no grandfathering. Everyone was going to see the belt tighten, not just the unfortunate ones who were free agents.
With the NBA looking for a similar system, I’ve heard from a couple of executives around the NBA that there absolutely has been talk about issuing a rollback on current contracts. It may not be as dramatic as the 24 percent that the NHL imposed on the union, but it’s absolutely going to be in play.
So even if Carmelo signs an extension now for $65M, he is not likely to see all of it on the other side of this lockout anyway. Would he still see more of it? Possibly, because there will likely be a reduction in the cap on max contracts in the next CBA. But how dramatic of a difference are we talking at this point?…
The Nets played this well. Carmelo wanted New York and realized the Nuggets weren’t going to accommodate him with a trip to the Garden. The Nets are the next best thing.
And if he does go there, does that make them better than the Knicks?

This is from Tommy Dee's Blog.

A person close to negotiations told The Star-Ledger that talks surrounding the Nets? potential deal for Nuggets star Carmelo Anthony have ?definitely? taken a step back from where they were earlier in the week. The person, who requested anonymity because talks are ongoing, places the likelihood of the deal getting done at 40 percent?Originally, the deal had the Nets sending Devin Harris to Charlotte, Derrick Favors and a 2012 first-round pick (protected from 1 to 7) to Denver and Quinton Ross to Utah.
In return they were to receive Anthony from Denver and Bobcats guard D.J. Augustin.
However, The Bergen Record, citing a ?league source,? reported today that Augustin was now out, and that Denver would offer Arron Afflalo. The rest of the trade, which would send Jazz forward Andrei Kirilenko to Denver and Bobcats forward Boris Diaw to Utah, had not changed, according to The Record?s report.
One source I talked to just minutes ago who told me a deal was all but done Friday has said the breaks have ?most certainly been slammed on?and not necessarily from the Nets side. From Melo?s side too.?
Stay tuned.

THANK YOU KOBE! THATS! how you KLOSE!