I Maybe, I Maybe Wrong..but I doubt it!!

gmpknick

Benchwarmer
Well,

If Melo comes to NYC or not...Is it me or does this current Knick Team lack that OAk/Mase type enforcer, that one guy who takes a charge, that one guy who throws himself into the stands to keep a ball alive, that one guy who knocks somebody on his A*S coming down the lane...I have to admit..I don't think anybody on this current roster does it or has the will to do it..Now I;m not saying I want to see STAT jumping into row three to keep a ball alive in Feb...but I'm taking about the other guy's the bench guys too. I happened to watch Melo last night put up 42...a real beaut...but let me tell ya...Melo don't play a lick of Defense either...My feeling is until this team gets some toughness, or a tough guy or two to roll some heads...protect the paint, step in for a charge, knock somebody down....they'll look pretty but won;t get to that next level...
I'm not expecting a chamipionship run by no means...even with Melo...get to 6 or 7 games in the first round..have some fun, bring life back to MSG,, and then see where your at in this off-season and get some defensive stoppers..
Now your on your way..:beer:

Word is that Melo is a good defender come playoff time.

But yeah you're right, we don't have that rugged type of guy who does all the dirty work, especially on defense. Turiaf has great attitude, but he's not a good rebounder and at 6'10 he lacks about 2 inches to lock most centers down.

But to find such a guy is much easier than finding a franchise player or two imo.

Let's first get Melo to help STAT and then a superstar PG and roll players.

First things first.

gmpknick

Benchwarmer
Word is that Melo is a good defender come playoff time.

But yeah you're right, we don't have that rugged type of guy who does all the dirty work, especially on defense. Turiaf has great attitude, but he's not a good rebounder and at 6'10 he lacks about 2 inches to lock most centers down.

But to find such a guy is much easier than finding a franchise player or two imo.

Let's first get Melo to help STAT and then a superstar PG and roll players.

First things first.

WORD!:peace:

iSaYughh

Starter
Ronny Turiaf when he's healthy

Yep. I'd even say Moz.

Douglas, Fields...hell, even Gallo....will fight for balls and throw their bodies around. Especially Fields. He reminds me of Derek Jeter, actually.

Anyways, we'll be adding one more true big, w enforcer qualities, before next season.

Likely Glen Davis (who i've even harping about all season), n maybe Dalembert, or even Perkins/Jordan.

la2ny

Starter
yeah but Idw no one flying into the crowd in Feb. when will need them an a month and a half lol.

Edit: Melo plays D when he's into it otherwise he plays centerfield type D which is what Kobe does. When Melo has his mind set on D like in the playoffs he can be tough because of his strength and size.

diddy_nyc

Rookie
The nba of today lacks the type of players from the 90's. Turiaf is good, but he's like the hype man at a Kanye West concert.

la2ny

Starter
The reason why there aren't any 90's type players is because they'd be getting fined like James Harrison and suspended like old Ron Artest.

diddy_nyc

Rookie
The reason why there aren't any 90's type players is because they'd be getting fined like James Harrison and suspended like old Ron Artest.

The rules of the game has changed significantly, plus the officiating is the worst i've seen in any sport. Players are not allowed to show any emotions, otherwise they're hit with a T. To me that is total BS. I'd like to see David Stern & the NBA board take their fat asses on the court and play some ball.