2020-2021 NY Knicks

Kiyaman

Legend
I would trade MRob its year 3 what you see is what you get. We should trade for Drummond or another big to pair with Randle if we want to win NOW. Frank and Knox are both good trade assets and can both be rotational players in this league. With the trade picks we have and the 10 man rotation that Thibs runs we have some valuable trade assets and hopefully are buyers before the deadline.

Drummond hasn't been in Cleveland long enough to get his voting papers.
Asking to be traded to the next NBA team, after just a month or two on the Cavs, says something BIG bout Drummond and his agent decision making.
Drummonds trade worth to the next NBA team today should be two 2nd round picks, nothing more!

Could the Knicks use Drummond in their rotation? Yes!
Has the Knicks been a mismanagement team for over a decade? Yes!
Did KP ask to be traded on the Knicks? Yes!
Will Drummond ask for a trade when the Knicks go through one of their long losing slumps? Yes!

MitchRob is a Knicks KEEEPER !!!

mafra

Legend
RJ?s development from rookie year to sophomore campaign (remember, he is still only 20!)

Barrett?s 34.5% three-point shooting clip on the year, though improved, doesn?t quite tell the whole story. Take out five December games, and RJ?s shooting 40% from three in his last 30 outings. If you?re wondering which way that?s trending, he?s up to 51.7% from range since the Derrick Rose trade.

This newfound stroke has carried over to the free throw line, where Barrett is making 72.9% of those. He?s become efficient enough to open things up for his driving game or remain effective offensively when it?s not there. In recent games, it?s allowed him to take on more of a scoring role, especially with Elfrid Payton out. Barrett?s already eclipsed his 20-point game total from last year despite shooting only one extra shot a night.

Quickley averages almost as many points per game as Haliburton and he plays 12 less minutes a game. Haliburton getting his numbers on a 13 - 21 team while Quickley has played a meaningful role on a 0.500 team. Same old ****.

mafra

Legend
It?s highway robbery IQ wasn?t picked. Bogus RJ wasn?t last year too. IQ is the steal of the draft, on a team 4th in their Conf, and he?s a major part of that... huh?

Kiyaman

Legend
It’s highway robbery IQ wasn’t picked. Bogus RJ wasn’t last year too. IQ is the steal of the draft, on a team 4th in their Conf, and he’s a major part of that... huh?

Yes .. Quickley has become the Knicks Trae Young & Beal high-scorer in less than 20 minute a game.
IQ has been the best scoring rookie the Knicks had in a very long-long time.

mafra

Legend
More and more articles getting posted lately, associating Toppin with BUsT:

?Defensively, there always figured to be issues with Toppin. Offensively, he?s stepped into an unfamiliar role along the perimeter. Often in the halfcourt, Toppin just stands in a corner to spread the floor.
But Toppin only works as a stretch-4 if he consistently hits 3-pointers, which hadn?t been the case. Heading into Thursday, he connected on 30% of his treys, most of them from wide open attempts. He airballed seven of his 20 attempts corner 3-pointers, according to the Athletic, while converting just three of them.?

Bondy

More and more articles getting posted lately, associating Toppin with BUsT:

?Defensively, there always figured to be issues with Toppin. Offensively, he?s stepped into an unfamiliar role along the perimeter. Often in the halfcourt, Toppin just stands in a corner to spread the floor.
But Toppin only works as a stretch-4 if he consistently hits 3-pointers, which hadn?t been the case. Heading into Thursday, he connected on 30% of his treys, most of them from wide open attempts. He airballed seven of his 20 attempts corner 3-pointers, according to the Athletic, while converting just three of them.?

Bondy

Toppin shooting 61% from inside the 3 point line for the season. Guy is a dynamic scorer if given even the slightest chance to play his game. Instead, we use him completely wrong. Let the guy play his game already. It?s not like the 2nd unit without Quickley has much punch otherwise most nights.

Honestly, if we want a guy to spot up 3 pointers, we should be playing Knox.

mafra

Legend
Exactly. When MRob went out, that was the time to craft something creative. A small-ball, uptempo C role for Obi. Start him even, and let the offense start fast.

Even if you quickly go to Noel.

But we didn?t do it. And, who knows, maybe his lack of a role is a result of his performance in practice. Who knows.

Still, with this swing and miss, it takes away the advantage NY snagged with the IQ pick. I bet we trade him soon, while his value still has some worth. This time next year, we have another Knits and Knox on the pine.

Kid has to be more aggressive in games. We shall see if he returns next season... I don?t see a player who was ready to compete on the NBA floor. Hopefully, this was due to his mental aspects... and not his talents.

But shooting predominately airballs from the corner, with wide open looks, is a bad sign. And not earning him more PT.

mafra

Legend
he Clippers are "exploring trade routes to" acquire Lonzo Ball from the Pelicans, Marc Stein of the New York Times reports.
Lonzo's name has come up a lot in the rumor mill with the Bulls, Knicks and Warriors all said to be interested as well. It's no secret that the Clippers are in need of another playmaker so it's understandable why they want Lonzo, but whether or not they can put together an enticing enough package for him remains to be seen as they don't have a lot of young talent or great draft capital.

mafra

Legend
what does the future hold for the enigmatic guard?

Knicks head coach Tom Thibodeau has expressed confidence in Ntilikina in public and, per SNY's Ian Begley, Thibodeau has in the past said privately that he believes Ntilikina has the potential to develop into a player who can help the Knicks in the future.

The Knicks have a deadline of sorts approaching for Ntilikina.

Since he will be a free agent this offseason, the Knicks could trade him prior to the March 25 deadline in order to get back assets if they decide they aren?t going to re-sign him in the offseason.

They could also keep him past the deadline and look to re-sign him in the offseason

Kiyaman

Legend
what does the future hold for the enigmatic guard?

Knicks head coach Tom Thibodeau has expressed confidence in Ntilikina in public and, per SNY's Ian Begley, Thibodeau has in the past said privately that he believes Ntilikina has the potential to develop into a player who can help the Knicks in the future.

The Knicks have a deadline of sorts approaching for Ntilikina.

Since he will be a free agent this offseason, the Knicks could trade him prior to the March 25 deadline in order to get back assets if they decide they aren’t going to re-sign him in the offseason.

They could also keep him past the deadline and look to re-sign him in the offseason

Wsup Mafra .... I still believe Leon Rose gonna trade Frank next week on the 25Th March. It's personal!
And my biggest reason for wanting to hire Thibs as the Knicks head-coach, were for Franks NBA growth.
I'm sure Thibs watch how effective Franks special-skills at breaking-down opponents offense several times in the short-Covid-19 training-camp.
When Thibs did not give Frank any playing-time in the preseason games, I became confuse then worried bout Frank being on Leon Rose first season trade. Why?
Because Frank's gift are what Thibs look for in a guard & SF for stops and wins.

Last edited:

mafra

Legend
?New York's playoff hopes have taken a hit recently. The Knicks are 2-4 since the All-Star break. They are in seventh place in the Eastern Conference but 3.5 games ahead of the 11th seed. If the Knicks finish between 7-10 in the conference, they will play in a play-in tournament for one the final two playoff spots in the East?

Seriously, people, does anybody believe TOR and/or WAS won?t pass is eventually. I have Wizards sweeping the next 2 games...

I don?t want to battle for the 10th spot. If that?s the case, I hope bottom falls out and we head to Lotteryville. Well, that swoon is inevitable.

LaMelo broke his wrist and out for season (blow for CHA playoff chances), and I am confident we finish ahead of CLE, ORL, and DET...

But that?s it. I think we finish 11th, when all
Is said and done. On the outside looking in. Can?t even be a top 10 team in a 15 team conference.

PHI, Nets, MIL, ATL, MIA, BOS, Indy, TOR, WAS and CHI probably the top 10. Now, TOR may decide to be sellers... so, we have that going for us. And, I guess, it probably comes down to a battle between Bulls and Knicks for the 10th seed.

Does that excite you? Battle Tor and Was for the right to get swept by Nets?

Last edited:

mafra

Legend
Yahoo article says it is time to send Toppin to the G-league. Ouch!

?The Knicks are getting outscored by 7.2 points per 100 possessions with Toppin on the floor, but are ahead of opponents by 1.6 points without him. Toppin has more turnovers on the season than assists, or steals and blocks combined.

Calling Toppin a deer in headlights might be too strong a metaphor, but it?s clear when he?s more comfortable than not. He?s shooting 42 percent from the field with the game within a 15-point margin, and 68 percent during blowouts. A third of his points are coming from the latter.?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/sports.yahoo.com/amphtml/why-time-knicks-bench-obi-213759467.html

Why not just give his minutes to Knox, but keep him with our main guys so he can keep practicing with our top level coaching staff?

For what?s it worth, Toppin played his best ball with Rose. It would be nice if we had a PG who played regularly and tried to run the pick and roll.

mafra

Legend
Why not just give his minutes to Knox, but keep him with our main guys so he can keep practicing with our top level coaching staff?

For what?s it worth, Toppin played his best ball with Rose. It would be nice if we had a PG who played regularly and tried to run the pick and roll.

I just think his defense, lack of rebounding, and poor shooting warrants that he doesn?t deserve minutes. Not sure why his minutes don?t go to Knox... Seems both could benefit getting minutes and gaining confidence in G League. Rose and IQ should be running the second unit, and I guess Toppin or Knox could help them scoring by either spacing or P&R....

To me, Knox and Toppin dont look like NBA players...