Props to the Nets and Jason Kidd

tiger0330

Legend
For winning their playoff series with Toronto. Kidd did a respectable job coaching the Nets, he was cool under fire in his first playoff series ever as a coach and his game management at the end of game 7 was what you would expect from a seasoned coach and not a rookie without any previous coaching experience.

It gave me pleasure to see the Nets struggle during the season but they turned it around unlike the Knicks and I wish them luck in their series with Miami.

Kiyaman

Legend
I almost gave up on the Brooklyn Nets HC Kidd early in the season, having to deal with the Nets franchise player Deron Williams.
Some how Kidd turn things around in the mid-season games to become a 5th seeded team.
PG-Deron Williams maybe put on the shopping-block in the offseason.

I have to admit .. KG & Pierce still know how to make all 7 games in a series exciting to the final seconds of the 7th game.
The season KG & Pierce won their championship rings they went 7 games in the first round with coach Mike Woodson Atlanta Hawks .. putting Woodson on the map.

Nets got their heads handed to them today. If they are not competitive in this series with Miami, not sure I take too seriously Brooklyn beating a Toronto team in the final second in game 7. Gritty performance, sure, but this is the best squad that Kidd is going to get from this era of the Nets, unless by some miracle Pierce and KG don't lose a step next year and Lopez has a healthy season. Until proven otherwise, no one in the East is legit except the Heat. A bunch of lousy, flawed teams beating each other means nothing. Watch the Wizards work the Pacers in this round and then get swept in the Eastern Conference finals by Miami.

tiger0330

Legend
Nets got their heads handed to them today. If they are not competitive in this series with Miami, not sure I take too seriously Brooklyn beating a Toronto team in the final second in game 7. Gritty performance, sure, but this is the best squad that Kidd is going to get from this era of the Nets, unless by some miracle Pierce and KG don't lose a step next year and Lopez has a healthy season. Until proven otherwise, no one in the East is legit except the Heat. A bunch of lousy, flawed teams beating each other means nothing. Watch the Wizards work the Pacers in this round and then get swept in the Eastern Conference finals by Miami.
Indy and Roy Hibbert have to be the most disappointing team in the east. I predicted a repeat of the Miami/Spurs finals this year and that looks like where we're headed but this time there will be no Ray Allan miracle shot.

Kiyaman

Legend

The Nets are no match for the Miami Heat having a PG Deron Williams, I have not forgot about Deron's performance making one of the NBA TOP-5 head-coaches retire .... Sloan

Jason Kidd is force to give the Brooklyn Nets franchise-player Deron Williams 32 plus minutes per in each postseason game. Deron Williams is the franchise-player!!!
This regular season I watch coach Kidd, plus old-heads player/coach KG & Pierce do everything they could to improve Deron Williams offense/defense skills with teammates on court.
And still Deron Williams has the same on/off talent that made a great NBA head-coach retire.
Miami Heat in 5 games.

Watching Larry Birds face throughout the Indiana Pacers postseason games make u wish u knew how to read minds.
In 8 postseason games Roy Hibbert has average 4 pts, 3 rbs, 1 blk, on 35% fga .........
Last year postseason games Roy Hibbert was the super-star of the Indiana Pacers team averaging 17 pts, 10 rbs, 2 ast, 2 blks, on 51% fga, in 19 playoff games.
what-what-what HAPPEN????

The Washington Wizards trio of "Wall, Beal, Ariza" team-defense moved up to the next level in the postseason games .. Gortat & Nene are taking no hostages on the glass.
Washington Wizards in 6 games.

vrgadin

Benchwarmer
The Nets are no match for the Miami Heat having a PG Deron Williams, I have not forgot about Deron's performance making one of the NBA TOP-5 head-coaches retire .... Sloan

Jason Kidd is force to give the Brooklyn Nets franchise-player Deron Williams 32 plus minutes per in each postseason game. Deron Williams is the franchise-player!!!
This regular season I watch coach Kidd, plus old-heads player/coach KG & Pierce do everything they could to improve Deron Williams offense/defense skills with teammates on court.
And still Deron Williams has the same on/off talent that made a great NBA head-coach retire.
Miami Heat in 5 games.

Watching Larry Birds face throughout the Indiana Pacers postseason games make u wish u knew how to read minds.
In 8 postseason games Roy Hibbert has average 4 pts, 3 rbs, 1 blk, on 35% fga .........
Last year postseason games Roy Hibbert was the super-star of the Indiana Pacers team averaging 17 pts, 10 rbs, 2 ast, 2 blks, on 51% fga, in 19 playoff games.
what-what-what HAPPEN????

The Washington Wizards trio of "Wall, Beal, Ariza" team-defense moved up to the next level in the postseason games .. Gortat & Nene are taking no hostages on the glass.
Washington Wizards in 6 games.

good call on the heat series. F Brooklyn

CoolClyde

Joe's Johnson and Paula Pierceclit could not get it done. JJ reminds me of Melo in the iso, he's just not passing when he gets the ball in the final minutes. albeit, he played better in the 4Q than Melo did all year, but still came up way short when the season was on the line.
i agree, F Brooooooooklyn.

tiger0330

Legend
The Nets proved they are no where near winning a title and this year was probably their best shot. For 180M I'm sure Prokhorov wanted at least a conference finals appearance. It's a flawed team they don't have the superstars they thought they had in Williams, JJ and Lopez to build a team around like the Heat did. My prediction is they go down as one of the most expensive busts in history.

Kiyaman

Legend
The Nets proved they are no where near winning a title and this year was probably their best shot. For 180M I'm sure Prokhorov wanted at least a conference finals appearance. It's a flawed team they don't have the superstars they thought they had in Williams, JJ and Lopez to build a team around like the Heat did. My prediction is they go down as one of the most expensive busts in history.

Owner Prokhorov are happy to get two high-price sold-out home games vs the championship Heat in the 2nd round of the playoffs.
Prokhorov own the Barkley Center, and are very happy with the Gross-Profit he made from 5 playoff games in Barkley Center.

The Knicks not making the playoffs, had a lot of Brooklyn/Queens/LI Knicks fans in Barkley Center for the playoffs.

tiger0330

Legend
Kiya - With a 180M payroll Prokhorove ain't making a dime with the Nyets. He's a billionaire but even he's going to have to come to grips with that payroll if they don't win a ring in the next 3 years.

petescud

Starter
Yeah, they already said with the payroll and the zillion $$$ in luxury taxes, he'll lose a nice amount of $$$

also next year if they keep this team together, the older guys will all be draggin....so they are done and have less of a future then the Knicks - giving away all they did to acquire all these guys

Kiyaman

Legend
Kiya - With a 180M payroll Prokhorove ain't making a dime with the Nyets. He's a billionaire but even he's going to have to come to grips with that payroll if they don't win a ring in the next 3 years.

The Nets biggest payroll FLAWS are Joe Johnson $24M, Deron Williams $22M, and Lopez $17M contracts next season.
I look for the Nets to be the first team to join in on any big team trades throughout the 2014 offseason.
I'm hoping the Knicks dont have any interest in the Nets high salary players.

Dont forget the Nets last owner was a real estate buy n sell broker, he built the "Barkley Center" to sell with the Nets.

Kiyaman

Legend
IF if if .. Carmelo Anthony leaves NY to join the next-team the Knicks Phil Jax will have to sign or trade for two SF to put on next-season roster.
With No Melo, here are a selection of SF Phil Jax should look to add to next season roster through trade, or sign: (We need two from this list of SF)

1) Parson
2) Deng
3) Batum
4) Iggy
5) MWP
6) AK47
7) W.Chandler
8) Gallo
This past season we only had one SF on the roster (MWP), Melo wanted to play PF.

Next season, I do not want players "Shump or THJ" playing any position outside of SG.
They are not PG, and they are not a SF! they are natural SG.
Players Shump/THJ have all the athletic skills of a SG.
Now they need a coach to jell their SG talent into a 5 man lineup.