Trades for Trade Deadlines:

Alright HTR here is the thread you were talking about.

Are we doing realistic trades or crazy not ever going to happen trades? I say realistic but if anyone purposes a trade that not going to happen, say so.

Ok, HTR, the floor is your, you first .... What is going to make the Knicks NBA champions??

Just thought of thing:

Questions: Now think on this real hard before you post your answer if you have one.
What are the consequences if the Knicks trade Julius Randle?? What signal or signals will it send to the superstar players or just good players in the league? Will it add to the cancer that already exist?(this one is easy) Will it doom the Knicks for a very long time in FA?? If that the case then you stuck with him and How do you change the fortune of this team with Randle still on it??

Please answer all questions not part of them, ok. It just a request not demanding.

Thanks for the thread, Dark.

I think anything that is rumored is fair game as far as trades.

I?m not sure it?s worth discussing a Randle trade because odds are extremely low we trade him. If we trade Randle, consequences will be negative. A year after making 2nd Team All-Pro you trade away a player half a season into signing a deal where he took less money to give team flexibility to build rest of roster. We?re probably doomed in free agency no matter what we do.

What can we do to change the fortunes of this team? Not much. Can we get significantly better by trading for guys like Myles Turner or Caris LeVert or Jalen Brunson? Maybe, but it would cost us all our picks and young guys and at best make us a slightly better than 0.500 team between now and the end of the season with markedly reduced long term options.

Reportedly, Atlanta Hawks and Sacramento Kings have both pulled out of trying to trade for Ben Simmons because cost is too high.

Well, I don't blame both because Simmons isn't a good fit for either. Especially ATL with Young.

So does that mean the Knicks are the front runner in the quest for Simmons? This isn't a trade I would make.

Well, I don't blame both because Simmons isn't a good fit for either. Especially ATL with Young.

So does that mean the Knicks are the front runner in the quest for Simmons? This isn't a trade I would make.

I think mafra posted in a different thread that Morey is waiting to deal Simmons to Brooklyn in exchange for James Harden in the off-season. Not sure how far along those talks have progressed.

I do know this. Probably every player in the league besides Simmons would kill to get to play with Embiid.

mafra

Legend
IQ, Obi, Cam and pick for Dejounte Murray! I can dream?

Mitch for Sabonis or Miles? Dream some more.

I think mafra posted in a different thread that Morey is waiting to deal Simmons to Brooklyn in exchange for James Harden in the off-season. Not sure how far along those talks have progressed.

I do know this. Probably every player in the league besides Simmons would kill to get to play with Embiid.

Ok, but where is the electric player that can turn on the power. Not with the current team but to build around in the future. There nobody outside of Obi that I would keep off the current Knicks team.

* This team doesn't have a SOUL!!!
*This team doesn't have a light switch to turn on the juice.

That the problem when you build a Frankenstein team. No Soul and a deranged mine!!

mafra

Legend
Phil Jax and Gaines destroyed this franchise? gonna take time to build it back up? we suffered through an apathetic hippie who slept on the job.

We have young talent?. Elite? I don?t think so, but who knows what direction these young man go.

Another lottery pick and some nice trades should take us into stage 2 of rebuild?

These things take time. Not easy to find those electric players in NBA. You need a top pick, and one in a year there?s top talent available?

Too bad we passed on SGA (Knox) and Mitchell (Frenchie). We passed in Booker (KP). Every draft Phil took the wrong body.

mafra

Legend
With the Knicks spiraling out of the playoff picture, they are reportedly making their veterans available. ESPN front-office insider Bobby Marks suggested a trade that would inject energy and star power to the Knicks? current roster.

?[If I were the Knicks], I call the Lakers for Russell Westbrook,? Marks said on Zach Lowe?s podcast last Thursday. ?I?m offering Kemba Walker, Alec Burks, and Evan Fournier for Russell Westbrook and [Lakers?] 2027 lottery-protected first-round pick.?

From the vantage point of the Knicks, Marks said Westbrook would be returning to his primary star role with a young supporting cast.

?It?s different than the situation in Los Angeles, where you have six guys and sign guys for the minimum. You?ve got these young kids already there [in New York]. You?ve got 5-6 players under contract next year. You got (Julius) Randle there. You?re not a tax team.?
Westbrook will run the first unit composed of Randle, RJ Barrett, presumably rookie Quentin Grimes and Mitchell Robinson in this scenario. This trade will also open a rotation spot for Cam Reddish in the second unit alongside Derrick Rose, Immanuel Quickley, Obi Toppin, and Nerlens Noel.

?Hey, of all the flaws of Russell Westbrook, that guy competes. He?s a competitor. He?s a wildcard. I?m just watching a Knicks team that is so lethargic right now where their second unit is better than the first. Sometimes, these guys seem they don?t care,? Marks explained.

If it doesn?t pan out pairing another ball-dominant player next to Randle, the Knicks could flip Westbrook?s $47-million expiring contract next summer or ride it out and will still have a future first-round pick from the Lakers for the trouble.

owe said one of those three Knicks veterans will likely get traded, but teams around the league are more interested in one of their young promising players.

?My educated guess is they would deal Fournier. And that would cost them,? Lowe said. ?I know the vultures are circling. And they?re getting a lot of calls about Quickley. And I think they?re batting those calls away. They should. But the vultures are circling, and they?re trying to poach somebody from the Knicks, and Quickley is the name that keeps coming up.?

Unless the return is significant, it?s unlikely the Knicks are going to give up Quickley just to get rid of Fournier and his $78-million contract.

https://empiresportsmedia.com/new-y...ks-suggests-westbrook-to-knicks-scenario/amp/

Reportedly, Atlanta Hawks and Sacramento Kings have both pulled out of trying to trade for Ben Simmons because cost is too high.

There doesn't seem to be a real answer to the Knicks overall problems. This is from articles and statement from broadcaster that I have read or heard. Outside of what JVG said the other night which comes closest to what needs to be done there aren't a lot of options.

Base off that observation of JVG. Let me say this first. I'm not a big fan or fan of JVG. I think he was a horrible coach and I wouldn't hire him to coach a sandlot team. With that being said, 'A blind hog will find a nut every now and then'. One other thing his brother Stan was a much better coach than him in my opinion.

Ok, I'm in agreement with JVG. The only thing that can solve Knicks overall problem is to clean house. Correct, JVG didn't say that... my solution is to rid the team of all cancer.

I wouldn't do any trade at the deadline because they are only cosmetic changes. Cam was a cosmetic change and doesn't nothing to solve the problems. That trade was a sad attempt to say to the fan base I'm trying. L.Rose and co. knows there aren't any Transformative players out there for the Knicks. So the only thing that can be done is cosmetic.

Mr. Dolan needs to start lining up F.O. candidates and coaching candidates. I tell you who I have been sleeping on and never thought of him as F.O. material. I Love Hubie Brown as a coach but the more I think about it he would be excellent in the F.O. I know Hubie is old but we need people that know talent not people who think they know talent. Look in this forum at the people who clam to know BB. How many have given an opinion on what would make the Knicks champion?

There are only two players I would keep out of the bunch. They are Randle and Obi. The reason for Randle is because whoever get the coaching job would have to configure an offense scheme on the 2nd unit for Randle to flow in. Nobody else is worth keeping. Let me say this about Burks the Knicks or Thib's have hurt his game horribly. They took Burks out of what he was good at and tried to transform him into a PG. I wasn't a Burks fan at first but I would have like to seen him pair with Dotson on the floor. Of course where there is no vision there is only darkness.

mafra

Legend
Showcase of a potential trade swap?

Fox and Randle

According to an NBA source, Knicks coach Tom Thibodeau has admitted to associates he?s had more trouble getting Randle to play with a selflessness this season than during last season.

Some in the organization believe Randle?s signing the $117 million contract extension has made him feel he?s got to do more scoring to live up to the pact.

There?s video circulating on social media showing Randle walking away from fallen teammates ? Obi Toppin in Milwaukee on Friday and Mitchell Robinson against Detroit last month ? instead of extending a hand to pick them up. Each video shows other Knicks teammates arriving to lift Toppin and Robinson.

Also, during a timeout against the Clippers a week ago at the Garden, Randle was still in the game but not in the huddle, strolling over to have a word with his wife, Kendra, seated behind the bench.

https://nypost.com/2022/01/30/julius-randle-deaaron-fox-duel-in-possible-trade-showcase/amp/

skisloper1

Benchwarmer
There doesn't seem to be a real answer to the Knicks overall problems. This is from articles and statement from broadcaster that I have read or heard. Outside of what JVG said the other night which comes closest to what needs to be done there aren't a lot of options.

Base off that observation of JVG. Let me say this first. I'm not a big fan or fan of JVG. I think he was a horrible coach and I wouldn't hire him to coach a sandlot team. With that being said, 'A blind hog will find a nut every now and then'. One other thing his brother Stan was a much better coach than him in my opinion.

Ok, I'm in agreement with JVG. The only thing that can solve Knicks overall problem is to clean house. Correct, JVG didn't say that... my solution is to rid the team of all cancer.

I wouldn't do any trade at the deadline because they are only cosmetic changes. Cam was a cosmetic change and doesn't nothing to solve the problems. That trade was a sad attempt to say to the fan base I'm trying. L.Rose and co. knows there aren't any Transformative players out there for the Knicks. So the only thing that can be done is cosmetic.

Mr. Dolan needs to start lining up F.O. candidates and coaching candidates. I tell you who I have been sleeping on and never thought of him as F.O. material. I Love Hubie Brown as a coach but the more I think about it he would be excellent in the F.O. I know Hubie is old but we need people that know talent not people who think they know talent. Look in this forum at the people who clam to know BB. How many have given an opinion on what would make the Knicks champion?

There are only two players I would keep out of the bunch. They are Randle and Obi. The reason for Randle is because whoever get the coaching job would have to configure an offense scheme on the 2nd unit for Randle to flow in. Nobody else is worth keeping. Let me say this about Burks the Knicks or Thib's have hurt his game horribly. They took Burks out of what he was good at and tried to transform him into a PG. I wasn't a Burks fan at first but I would have like to seen him pair with Dotson on the floor. Of course where there is no vision there is only darkness.

Dark with all that you say you still have Mr. Dolan as you refer to him. I guess reality is you agree that Dolan is a forever and if thats the case which it is Nothing will ever change.
In the end he always has final say I dont care who you hire.
The knicks are his baby and a good father to them he is not.

Dark with all that you say you still have Mr. Dolan as you refer to him. I guess reality is you agree that Dolan is a forever and if thats the case which it is Nothing will ever change.

You know Ski, it about hoping that at some point a light goes on in Mr. Dolan head. It my hope that someone close to him(or even him) read something and tell him, Mr. Dolan I think you need to read this.

Look at the some of the non-sense that is being post on this site and other. If the owner is the mastermind of this current state of the Knicks. The fanbase was and is going along with it until it doesn't meet their expectations. There was problems from the beginning but fans overlooked it. Now it a problem and everybody say's this or that. Well, they are part of the problem.

Let say you are Mr. Dolan...... What would you do with the Knicks right now? Top to Bottom... Side to Side. F.O. to waterboy!! What changes you would make?? Trade deadline? Off Season??

That is what this thread is about.

skisloper1

Benchwarmer
You know Ski, it about hoping that at some point a light goes on in Mr. Dolan head. It my hope that someone close to him(or even him) read something and tell him, Mr. Dolan I think you need to read this.

Look at the some of the non-sense that is being post on this site and other. If the owner is the mastermind of this current state of the Knicks. The fanbase was and is going along with it until it doesn't meet their expectations. There was problems from the beginning but fans overlooked it. Now it a problem and everybody say's this or that. Well, they are part of the problem.

Let say you are Mr. Dolan...... What would you do with the Knicks right now? Top to Bottom... Side to Side. F.O. to waterboy!! What changes you would make?? Trade deadline? Off Season??

That is what this thread is about.

I do not have a wish list and not surer what value we get for who we have. My feeling there is a not a single Knick player that is worth keeping if we can make ourselves a top team in the East.
Looking back I thought siding Chris Paul would have been a mistake BUT now I see that a single player like that could have been a game changer for the Knicks.
If he can't take you shine than shine you will not.

Kiyaman

Legend

Ben Simmons are a young Franchise player that have the skills to improve any NBA team.
Morey's not trading Ben during the season! Especially, when the 76ers will be a game or 2 away from being the One-Seed team in the East going into the All-Star weekend.
The Knicks should've put Leon Rose in a hotel in Philly the same week Ben said "he's not reporting to camp" .. coach Thibs are clueless on orchestrating a winning offense. Having Ben Simmons & D.Rose leadership running the Knicks young-core players offense are a trip to the postseason games.

Kiyaman

Legend

We all should know by now we don't want businessman Dolan making any Decision-Making on the Knicks players during the month of Feb. .. Let Dolan and his friends stick to Rugby

When asked about the trade deadline, Thibs says there?s a lot of misinformation out there and that you can talk about 100 trades and maybe one gets done. He was referring to the NBA at large, not specifically the Knicks.

So, maybe don?t expect much at the deadline.

mafra

Legend
I wouldn?t expect much either, in terms of improving this roster to make a post season run in May.

Front office knows this season is sunk?. Roster construction for 2022-2023 season should begin next 2 weeks?.

Trade vets and accumulate assets; facilitate other teams in their effort to upgrade, to secure assets; dump payroll and improve your talent-base. Be creative and open-minded.

Find a PG!

D-Murray
D-Fox
Sexton
Brunson
Brogodon
D-Lillard
SGA

Knicks are 24-27

Brutal 17 game stretch coming up?. 8-9 would be a small miracle?

Prepare for the lottery? see if the kids have a run in them.

Last edited: