Fire D'Antoni!

nyk_nyk

All Star
Exactly...

To add...

The undisciplined approach is comical when you break it down!

The system allows a "Freestyle" approach by the players and for the most part thats o.k. but...

It means the players aren't doing things that have been proven fundamentally and traditionally

such as taking shots when your teammates are under the basket- if you keep 4 on the perimeter (and shoot) then you decrease your odds of rebounding- thats fundamentals!

Players should be an extension of a coach, his system etc... Good coaches use hours prepping while players train, practice and condition to administer the system.

This system (mentioned above) and game plan is implemented after a Good Coach analyzes and preps for opponents based on exploiting weakness and promoting his strengths.

This is what a coach does, and players are his/her extension!

Why do we have a coach when the system is to be freestyled by the players?

Why are we constantly doing the same thing as if there was no specific game plan for certain opponents?

It seems by "simplifying" the system you would get into a groove quicker and just play free (without thinking) but...

As you can tell, that hardly ever works and we are constantly coming back and that can partially work for guys who are extremely savvy and talented but also is (as I've stated) fundamentally flawed.

The philosophy of: Good players can make plays with little to know implementation of an actual plan

hoisting up low percentage shots

not playing effective defense or having no specified plan

not being able to adapt and exploit what little strengths we have

playing free and undisciplined without having to "Think" and adhere to a coach whom players should be an extension

when concerning D'Antoni is...

FLAWED!

Not to mention...

Had to bump this 4 star post. Funny how after a season with better players, this still applies to our clueless coach.
:beer:

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
I've read my post from late April and I still can't believe how naive I was... I think all has been already said, just fire D'Antoni. How could I believe MDA will change? LOL at me...

Red

TYPE-A
I've read my post from late April and I still can't believe how naive I was... I think all has been already said, just fire D'Antoni. How could I believe MDA will change? LOL at me...

Glad to see you chose the Blue pill. (Or was it the Red one?)

KingofNy

Starter
Mike D'Antoni is the worst coach I've ever watched IN MY LIFE. I've never seen so many isolations and broken pick and rolls in my life. It's like he has the Knicks playing streetball in NBA gear.

There's a reason basketball teams have coaches. Teams need coaches to set up PLAYS on both sides of the ball. Not just have our guys pass the ball around the 3 point line until the shot clock runs out and then chuck up a contested 20-30 footer.

Here's a couple of questions I have for the worst coach in the NBA (Mike D'umtoni):

Where's the penetration by our guards? Where's the alleyoops to Chandler? Where's the cutter when Melo is double-teamed? Why is Amare sitting at the 3 point line instead of setting pick and rolls for Melo? Why is no one moving around on offense? Why does Jerome Jordon not come in to help out on the boards and to cover opposing bigs? Why do we continually leave the baseline and backdoor open on D? Why does Douglas/Bibby/Walker have a green-light to shoot at will? Why do you not work the refs when their calls suck? Why don't you call plays/make adjustments from the sideline instead of sitting there with a smug look on your face? Why don't you motivate this team instead of making excuses. I can go on all day.

I wish I could hear his bullsh*t reasons for all these questions. If I was a reporter for the times and got to interview him, I would blow his @ss up and make him look stupid. Did you guys hear Doc Rivers when we were beating the Celtics in the first half on Christmas? He was calling his guys "SOFT" and telling them they sucked and to get their head out of their a$$. Straight up Antoni DOESN'T COACH this team! This team is going nowhere unless we get Nash and convert back to the run and gun or Antoni and his sorry brothers get the BOOT. I prefer the latter.

CoolClyde

welcome back, thread

Seems i've said the same thing over and over for the past 3 years, and this thread proves it. this coach sucks. I wanted Mark Jackson as coach and dreaded the hiring of D'amntoni; I've hated his coaching, play-calling, end of game decisions and holier-than-player personality from day 1. we'll see who has a better record at the end of the year, Jackson or Antoni.

HOWEVER, i've always said a PG is what the SSOL mentality needs to make it happen, and other than Felton and Chauncey (as a side order to Melo), this team has not had a true PG to run the D'amn show, other than Marbury, who shitstache refused to play! Duhon? ugh. bad memories! Yet even with the right players, this coach and his small ball, short-rotation has run the Knicks into the ground and injury list at the end of each and every season.

So, do we wait for Baron von Davis to get better, to see if this team will come together as a cohesive whole with a true PG, or deal with the fact that not only do we have a sh*tty coach, but an owner who doesn't know his a$$ from his basketball elbow, went against saviour Donnie Walsh's opinions, continues to support Isiah Thomas, and follow his guidance, and refuses to hire the executive personnel that makes a professional sports team run?

I wish we could have a FIRE DOLAN thread, but that makes no sense.
so let's just FIRE D'ANTONI and let real, smart, NY Knick fans breathe a sigh of relief. Deeeeeeeee-fence.

:countdown::pray::flippa:

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
SING IT LOUD!

Our players have no idea what the other is doing on either end.

Professional players in an idiot's limbo.

I FEEL SO SORRY FOR TYSON CHANDLER. HE'S BEEN BROUGHT IN AS A JANITOR THAT CLEANS THIS TEAMS OFFENSIVE AND DEFENSIVE SHIT.

He will never be successful while this ****ing strategy :whatever: is a part of this organization.

WrongIslander

Rotation player
Genius. I don't know what was better tonight from this loon.

A) playing small when we were up and competing on the boards which was making the difference

B) Being such a shit coach that once again when the game was on the line he had players who had no idea where they were supposed to be. (Tonight it was Tony Douglas)

C) Our defense being so clueless that Chandler ended up playing perimeter D

People can talk about gelling all they want and time all they want, this man simply can't get this team to perform when it matters. Time and time again I've seen us fail when we need a set play and if Melo doesn't drag us out with a bit of magic then we're screwed.

HE HAS TO GO!

KingofNy

Starter
We gotta pray that Shump turns out to be an All-Star and that Baron Davis goes back to his old form or we're really in for a long season. We're not gonna win chit throwing up 40 3's a game. This coach baffles my mind.

WrongIslander

Rotation player
We gotta pray that Shump turns out to be an All-Star and that Baron Davis goes back to his old form or we're really in for a long season. We're not gonna win chit throwing up 40 3's a game. This coach baffles my mind.

Shump is the second coming of Starks. Fact. :) :p

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
Look like Harrellson is better at coaching than Dumbtoni:

In Sacramento, they were falling every time we were shooting them. I think we just tried to carry that mentality over. Without STAT down low, we don't have another post presence besides Tyson, so it's hard to get us going down low. I think we tried to settle for 3's and tonight they weren't falling. We should've fixed our game plan, but we didn't.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Seriously it's ****ing COMMON SENSE.

This team chucked 35 3's tonight. Anybody who's watched basketball knows that the 3-point shot is not something that is your PRIMARY offensive weapon. Even the D'Antoni Suns didn't do that - they made good use of the 3, true, but their main weapon was the pick and roll between Nash and Amar'e.

What the hell is going on? We've got a team with some decent shooters but when has anybody 3-point shot their ways to a NBA title? This is stupid. It's common sense. Jorts knows it, Melo knows it, Davis knows it, every player on the team knows this is a losing style of basketball.

The 3-point shot can be a good weapon but you don't use it as your only weapon. Almost half of the team's shots were 3-pointers, what the hell is this?

Honestly I'm fed up with this shit. I won't lie, I supported the guy during his first two years because he didn't have a chance in hell of competing anyway. But now that I look back, it's the same shit that was going on back then and I should've seen it coming.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Seriously it's ****ing COMMON SENSE.

Honestly I'm fed up with this shit. I won't lie, I supported the guy during his first two years because he didn't have a chance in hell of competing anyway. But now that I look back, it's the same shit that was going on back then and I should've seen it coming.

Without seeming to gloat, I saw it by the 3rd-4th week of last year, and haven't relented bashing it/MD ever since. I've had some monolithic back and forth about it, but tonight was the amplifier for my case.

A question to any who care to answer:

Do you recall - and can you elude to - the Knicks opening offensive play of the Raptors game?

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
Honestly, there was just one play that looked impressive, if you have access to the league pass check out our play starting 0:17:35, except of this we played shit and that's a fact.

skisloper

Starter
There is zero way we win under D'Antonio.

Harrileson shooting 3's....why ?
The guy plays tough and in the 2nd half played solid defense and boxed out..
Now Coach puts him at the 3 point line....A PLAYER TAKED OUT OF HIS ELEMENT...

TD a role player and now playing PG....ANOTHER PLAYER TAKEN OUT OF HIS ELEMENT...

Every team needs 10 players....each fills a role....TD AND JOSH sever there but Dantonio tries to play them in the role that he envisions....which at this point is dillusional.....

and NOVAK....Yes the guy can hit 3 pointers but he makes Jeffries look like a beast...

ONLY IN DANTONIO"S SYSTEM CAN AN NBA FAN FILL THE NEED FOR JARED JEFFRIES TO RETURN....

Last night I felt we will get bettere when Jeffries returns.....Its like I drank D"ant's coolaid.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Honestly, there was just one play that looked impressive, if you have access to the league pass check out our play starting 0:17:35, except of this we played shit and that's a fact.

Was that the Chandler oop? That was a second effort off of a broken play. A lucky break resulting from previously poor execution.

Our opening play was a Fields base cut off a weak side screen. A good play. Not converted, but a good play.

We are such a capable team with players who can reap the benefits of a methodical, structured approach.

Instead, we chuck -------------------------------------- and we suck.

Where are you from, anyway?:smokin:

It's painful to watch us play this season, it makes me sad. I've watched a lot games over the holidays and to be honest no team played worse on offense than we did.

Our only chance to achieve a turnaround is to fire D'Antoni now and appoint a coach who's totally different.

If it doesn't work either you know it's the roster......and that means we'll stay shit for the next 10 years, trading right left and center, because the word REBUILD is an unknown to James Dolan and our front office.

fender0577

Rotation player
After watching Melo Iso 9 straight times i gave up, and turned.This idiot(antoni) isn't gonna give me a heart attack at 32.

quiggle

Starter
the way i see it, when you think like Dolan and his possee, they probably are enjoying this more because the more this team loses the more leverage he has as an excuse to bring back Zeke to change the environment. if none of you like that assertion then you should look into following another NBA team.