Gallinari likely done for Season

richtree

Rotation player
Danilo Gallinari's lower back problems have flared up again and he is headed to Italy to discuss options with more doctors, including surgery. He is expected to return by next Monday.
The Knicks haven't ruled him out for the season, but it doesn't sound like he'll play again. He described his back as "60 to 70 percent" healthy, and is heading to Italy after consulting four local surgeons. He could have a degenerative condition of more than one bulging disc, but we won't know more until later in the week -- hopefully he can take care of this over the summer and come back healthy in 2009-2010. Mar. 17 - 12:10 pm et
Source: New York Post

richtree

Rotation player
I don't know about anyone else, but I really don't like the idea of him going back to Italy for medical advice when NYC has the HSS and some of the best doctors in the world right there....

Giants89FLY

Rotation player
I agree, That seems foolish. But As long as he gets the back in good shape and ready for next year, I dont care if he goes to Zimbabwe.

NicksKnicks

Rotation player
get surgery. this is probably his best option. He needs to lift weights over the summer aswell. I feel sorry for the kid, he just wants to play and win games!

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Good luck to him. But, I hope it doesn't turn into another injury for the Knicks salary cap. No surgeon can fix that predicament.

がんばるガリナリさん!To a speedy recovery.

LeFlume

All Star
Back problems are not that easy to fix. When your back is screwed, it can be for life. I hope it's not that bad but, back problem have ruined many careers.

paris401

Starter
i hear he is headed back as zepole could'nt get a good canolli in ny.. or was it canolli couldn't get a good zepole here... i'm confused...

Kiyaman

Legend
We all watched Gallo play

S
o cut the bloodclog crying out....give Gallo a one way ticket back to Italy.....let him play 2 to 3 more years in the Euroleague before playing in the NBA.

Gallo played about 25 games this season with 15 mpg which was enough playingtime to evaluate his overall talent....Gallo got a postup game....and

To be nice I will go along with everyone else....Gallo H.S. B-Ball talent we witness in a Knick uniform is b/c of his serious back-injury at age 19 years old....
lol.gif

Gallo would be the 15th man on the Thunders, Wizards, Grizzles, or T-Wolves roster. The young players on the above teams would expose Gallo's talent so quick.

Last edited:

TunerAddict

Starter

S
o cut the bloodclog crying out....give Gallo a one way ticket back to Italy.....let him play 2 to 3 more years in the Euroleague before playing in the NBA.

Gallo played about 25 games this season with 15 mpg which was enough playingtime to evaluate his overall talent....Gallo got a postup game....and

To be nice I will go along with everyone else....Gallo H.S. B-Ball talent we witness in a Knick uniform is b/c of his serious back-injury at age 19 years old....
lol.gif

Gallo would be the 15th man on the Thunders, Wizards, Grizzles, or T-Wolves roster. The young players on the above teams would expose Gallo's talent so quick.

If he is as bad as you say, then how bad are our Knicks since he was obviously our best shooter.

Oldtimer

Rotation player
Gallinari

My guess is that the decision for surgery has already been made. Gallinari is going home, not so much for further medical tests, but to be with his family prior to the surgery.

Remember he is only 20 years old. We are all ticked off because of his injury and we all have concerns about his value to the Knicks in the future. A healthy Gallinari has great promise. Imagine how he feels. This has got to be very tough on him.

If he has surgery, you know the surgeon will be top-notch whether or not he or she is italian.

metrocard

Legend

S

lol.gif

a shock post.

OGKnickfan

Enlightened
This will probably hurt our playoff chances but oh well. Get the surgery, Come back next year 100%

Name one game that this guy helped us win? Please, this just proves what I, and a few other posters have been saying, this was a bad f'n pick. I wish we had gotten the number 10 pick, instead, and have chosen Lopez. The Nets could have Gallinari.

As for playoff chances, they're still slim to none. Gallinari being out makes no difference.

OGKnickfan

Enlightened
If he is as bad as you say, then how bad are our Knicks since he was obviously our best shooter.

That's an odd argument. First of all, he's not obviously the Knicks' best shooter. That has been an assertion made by D'Antoni, mainly as a result of what he said he's seen in practice. Second of all, being the best shooter on the Knicks, which he's not, doesn't say much about a player.

And Kiyaman's right, dude stinks: can't play D, can't move properly on the court, can't post, can't shoot under pressure. And he should go back to playing euroleague for a few years, because he wasn't even playing that well, while in the Euroleague: 14 ppg, on 41% shooting. Von Wafer was on our summer league, and had previously played in the euroleague, at a much higher level. We should have signed him. Just look at how well he's doing in Houston.

TunerAddict

Starter
That's an odd argument. First of all, he's not obviously the Knicks' best shooter. That has been an assertion made by D'Antoni, mainly as a result of what he said he's seen in practice. Second of all, being the best shooter on the Knicks, which he's not, doesn't say much about a player.

And Kiyaman's right, dude stinks: can't play D, can't move properly on the court, can't post, can't shoot under pressure. And he should go back to playing euroleague for a few years, because he wasn't even playing that well, while in the Euroleague: 14 ppg, on 41% shooting. Von Wafer was on our summer league, and had previously played in the euroleague, at a much higher level. We should have signed him. Just look at how well he's doing in Houston.

Who is a better shooter on our team then?

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
Who is a better shooter on our team then?
Wow, so now because Gallinari averages 6 points per game, he's the team's best shooter?

The fact that the same guy who supports Mardy Collins and Anthony Roberson supports Danilo Gallinari proves that he was not worthy of the #6 pick, nor will he be more than an average or good role player at best.

Nate Robinson and Al Harrington are better shooters than Gallinari, to answer your question.

JayJ44

Starter
Name one game that this guy helped us win? Please, this just proves what I, and a few other posters have been saying, this was a bad f'n pick. I wish we had gotten the number 10 pick, instead, and have chosen Lopez. The Nets could have Gallinari.

As for playoff chances, they're still slim to none. Gallinari being out makes no difference.

The Atlanta Hawks game in which he scored 17 points.

How does this prove anything? He got injured, it sucks, but that doesn't mean he's a bust. He'll be back next season at 100%