Game thread: New York Knicks vs Sacramento Kings 6:00 11/3/2019 [Game #7]

tiger0330

Legend
I
I said must win which is a pretty ridiculous statement for this being the 7th game but I said it because the Kings suck, they play no defense and look to be the worst team in the WC. If we can't beat them tonight I can almost guarantee it's going to be a long season for Knicks fans. That said there is no way we're losing this game on our home court tonight. Let's go Knicks.
Clyde talking about the Kings being dead last in opp FG % yet we're shooting 40% and 28% from 3 against them. Fizdale put Trier in over Nits and Dotson and Iggy looking for scoring. 70M for this band of misfits, an outright disaster.

mafra

Legend
Good news is we have RJ, we are well on our way for another lottery pick.... we should be able to flip Morris for an asset and maybe something else.

We?ll hold out hope for AD, or Giannis or some next big fish.... so I doubt we will
Absorb bad contracts for assets.... a shame... bc we should do this.

Any hope for AD is gone after we finish with 19 wins again. So trade for picks and bad deals!

Awful game. Nothing at stake for Dolan though. We could play like this every night and still be a top 2 NBA team in revenue. We?re to blame. It?s us Knicks fans who enable this broken franchise to continue on this way.

tiger0330

Legend
Say we're 6-22 on Dec.15, I'd be for trading these vets like MM to contending teams. Let's get assets for the these short term deals like Taj, Morris, Portis. They might help contenders, they can't help us.

mafra

Legend
Dolan creates a toxic atmosphere which isn?t conducive to building a successful organization. His refusal to see how Mills is killing the team with his decisions.... awful.

Perry and Fiz are the least of our problems. Since we can?t get rid of Dolan, change must come with letting Mills go. A real GM comes here and fires Perry and Fiz.....

A real GM with a good HC and maybe the RJ era is salvaged. A few more years of Mills tho and there goes the RJ era.

mafra

Legend
Also helps Dolan that Jets and Giants 2 of the worst 5 NFL teams the last 5 seasons....

Area so pissed off about Yanks failure in OCT and bad football that they don?t even focus on NYK (the media) until Jan, and by then the Knicks are miles away from
relevancy. So, media just turns attention to Spring Training and Jets/Giants offseason.

It?s really a great position for Dolan to be in. Make money, avoid media scrutiny.

Broadway

All Star
I wonder if KP is wearing out already. He started the season with 3 very good games but scored less than 20 in the last 2 games and has 0 points in 10 minutes so far tonight.

He's a 2nd star at best. The same thing that happened to DSJ would've happened to him had Mavs drafted him first. They would've handed the keys over to Donchiss, he would've pitched a fit and likely copped an attitude fueled by his brother while injured.

Yeah, yeah, yeah they got the better player in the trade unless a tide of fortune can reverse with DSJ but they also have a $150mil price tag and a team with bloated payroll next 2yrs in the West

I'm hoping RJ can reach another gear before the yr is over. Remember Donchiss faded towards the back half last yr a little.

We start the season with 8 new players. What did you think was going to happen if you played them?

Nobody though of playing the player from last year that had some chemistry. Front office wants to show off their 1st round mistake and their FA mistakes. Now you stuck and don't know what to do. RJ scores and everybody is jumping up and down about him. Well, we are 1-6 with him in the starting line-up and scoring or not scoring. How does Dotson not get on the floor? Because they are trying to have one bright spot to over shadow their mistakes.

Robinson - C
Knox - PF or SF
Morris - PF or SF
Dotson - SG or SF
Frank - PG
Tell Frank if he doesn't drive the ball to the basket then take a seat at the far end of the bench. It that simple. Weave those other players into rotation slowly and plan for those starter to play big minutes(even if they foul out). Trier, Ellington, Allen and Bobby are first off the bench. As for team doubling and triple teaming Randle that means there are 2 player cutting to the basket. Fiz should be trying to play 10 players a game maybe more.

The harsh realty is that we didn't need to the FA nor #3 the Knicks signed & drafted. We should be playing player like that kid Wooten and see what he brings to the table. Players with some hunger in their bellies. Let quit looking at this thru rose colored glasses. It not going to work unless we do something drastic.

We start the season with 8 new players. What did you think was going to happen if you played them?

Nobody though of playing the player from last year that had some chemistry. Front office wants to show off their 1st round mistake and their FA mistakes. Now you stuck and don't know what to do. RJ scores and everybody is jumping up and down about him. Well, we are 1-6 with him in the starting line-up and scoring or not scoring. How does Dotson not get on the floor? Because they are trying to have one bright spot to over shadow their mistakes.

Robinson - C
Knox - PF or SF
Morris - PF or SF
Dotson - SG or SF
Frank - PG
Tell Frank if he doesn't drive the ball to the basket then take a seat at the far end of the bench. It that simple. Weave those other players into rotation slowly and plan for those starter to play big minutes(even if they foul out). Trier, Ellington, Allen and Bobby are first off the bench. As for team doubling and triple teaming Randle that means there are 2 player cutting to the basket. Fiz should be trying to play 10 players a game maybe more.

The harsh realty is that we didn't need to the FA nor #3 the Knicks signed & drafted. We should be playing player like that kid Wooten and see what he brings to the table. Players with some hunger in their bellies. Let quit looking at this thru rose colored glasses. It not going to work unless we do something drastic.

Who are you telling to ?quit looking at this thru rose colored glasses?? This was maybe the most pessimistic game thread I have ever seen on here.

Who are you telling to “quit looking at this thru rose colored glasses”? This was maybe the most pessimistic game thread I have ever seen on here.

Telling everybody including you!! It sound like you are mad and if you are then good. You should be. Sorry if I don't see what you see. If it hurt to read my thread then please stop by all means. If you see the basic fundamentals of BB perform tonight by the Knicks then please show them to me.

tiger0330

Legend

Robinson - C
Knox - PF or SF
Morris - PF or SF
Dotson - SG or SF
Frank - PG

They cut Wooten before the season opener.

Telling everybody including you!! It sound like you are mad and if you are then good. You should be. Sorry if I don't see what you see. If it hurt to read my thread then please stop by all means. If you see the basic fundamentals of BB perform tonight by the Knicks then please show them to me.

Dude, I?m questioning my own ability to read English there is such a disconnect between what is being posted and what you are saying in reply.

mafra

Legend
Mad?

We were mad in 2007.... that forced Stern to compel Dolan to hire Walsh.... 12 years later.... ain?t nothing left to be mad at.... this is just rubber-necking at this point.

We can?t change the owner or force him to sell. He refuses to let Mills go... this team will never be good, as long as Dolan and Mills are the brain trust here...

We could fire Perry, but I doubt Mills finds anybody competent....

Did Perry hire Fiz? Maybe we fire Fiz and hope something changes.

But, really, we tanked last season and we handed him 7 new guys on 1 year deals... What can Fiz really do?

To me, we have RJ.... the mission for this season should be to accumulate as many assets as possible

RJ plus top 5 pick and maybe things start looking good again?

mafra

Legend
K nicks coach David Fizdale reacted angrily when asked why he put prized rookie RJ Barrett back into the game in garbage time with six minutes left.

Barrett is already leading the Knicks in minutes played and he ended up with 41 more in Sunday?s 113-92 loss to the Kings. The concern is the overuse can lead Barrett to hitting the rookie wall quicker than normal.

?We got to get off this load-management crap,?? a surly Fizdale said. ?Latrell Sprewell averaged 42 minutes for a season. This kid is 19. Drop it already.??

mafra

Legend
Fizdale has been taking heat for the start of the season and his record is brutal. Counting last season, he?s 18-71 as a Knicks coach. Going back even further to when he coached Memphis, Fizdale has lost 79 of his last 97 games.

But the Knicks are also a poorly constructed roster with too many forwards and not enough shooters or defenders. That?s on team president Steve Mills, who once vowed to be more communicative with the media but has been quieter than the Knicks? summer.

?It?s ten new guys, ten new guys on this team. And we?ve played seven games,? Morris said. ?That don?t have nothing to do with basketball. Everybody knows how to play basketball. It?s not like it?s a game-day decision (where Fizdale changes the starting lineup). We go and practice and we practice with the five that start. So it?s not like it?s just up in the air and guys don?t know what?s going on. He?s very transparent. He?s telling us the reason why he?s trying to experiment and see how it goes. Any coach, you give any coach in the league ten new guys and see how good they do with them. Like I said, he?s putting us in the best position to win and it?s on us.?

??-

Bottom Line: 2019 NYK 1-5 bc DSJ and Randle have been beyond atrocious. This season was (is) dependent on those 2 guys.... We brought in vets to compliment that duo, and were hopeful the lottery teenagers would microwave their development.... catch lightning in a bottle for this season.... like Nets last year.

But.... everything was contingent upon DSJ busting out and Randle taking the next step.

Safe to say.... worst case scenario is upon us.... what else is new?

DSJ has 1 bucket after 6 games.... Randle is like inspector gadget.... a clumsy joke!

Kiyaman

Legend
K nicks coach David Fizdale reacted angrily when asked why he put prized rookie RJ Barrett back into the game in garbage time with six minutes left.

Barrett is already leading the Knicks in minutes played and he ended up with 41 more in Sunday?s 113-92 loss to the Kings. The concern is the overuse can lead Barrett to hitting the rookie wall quicker than normal.

?We got to get off this load-management crap,?? a surly Fizdale said. ?Latrell Sprewell averaged 42 minutes for a season. This kid is 19. Drop it already.??

Fizdale's a professional imbecile that should be Fired by the Knicks before the week is out.
Tonight, the Knicks change the starter lineup again ..
Frank should have fouled out of this losing game ..
Dotson should have received over 24 minute in this losing game.
RJ was not suppose to play one minute of the 4th quarter in this losing game.
Ellington & Trier seemed lost every time on the defensive-end.

The Dragon

Benchwarmer
I know it is brutal and we are all down, i don't want to add to the fun, but do anybody think the MRob is over-hyped? the guy do not think at all! he just jumps high! I mean, I like him, but recently when seeing his game i am thinking of what he can do on offence other than waiting for the Ally-Opp? he can't shoot, he can't post up, he is ALWAYS in foul trouble shaking his head !!! what is his ceiling? Javale McGee?

I know it is brutal and we are all down, i don't want to add to the fun, but do anybody think the MRob is over-hyped? the guy do not think at all! he just jumps high! I mean, I like him, but recently when seeing his game i am thinking of what he can do on offence other than waiting for the Ally-Opp? he can't shoot, he can't post up, he is ALWAYS in foul trouble shaking his head !!! what is his ceiling? Javale McGee?

You?re right about his lack of an offensive game, but I wouldn?t dismiss him just yet. MRob is playing less than 20 minutes per game and he?s still averaging over 10 points, over 6 boards, and 2.2 blocks per game. He is shooting something like 71% from the floor. He can be a skinny version of DeAndre Jordan for us (worse post defense, better FT shooting) if someone could just freakin teach the guy how not to foul every 2 minutes.

Every ball handler on the team probably wants to run the pick and roll with MRob, but Fizdale has them doing the iso show from 20 feet away from the basket instead.

Last edited:

jimkcchief88

All Star
Man glad I?m still in football mode how bout them Chiefs...I mean cmon boys let?s be real...who was dumb enough to be excited about this team after we whiffed on every free agent worth a damn? If you are surprised we suck then I have a bridge to sell you in Brooklyn. Mudiay or Drose doesn?t sound so bad playing pg now does it. Hopefully some of our many power forwards play well enough that we can get some trade value back. Knicks tank rolling on picking up speed....done by December as usual:(