2019 NBA Free Agency Thread

Minnesota remains at the top of the list of the teams to sign DeAngelo Russell. They are another team that would need to clear cap space and could potentially send us 1 or 2 year contracts with a pick. Opportunities are there for us to use our space for assets and not just for stunt free agent signings.

Reported that Derrick Rose is likely to sign a 2-year deal with the Pistons. There was a time where Rose looked like he was going to be the face of the Bulls for a decade, now he is about to play for his 5th different team. Amazing how a major injury, say to your knee or maybe Achilles, can so dramatically change the course of your career. Hmm.

So close. 2 and a half hours to go.

Breathe a sigh of relief. Reports are that Knicks have no intention of making a big offer to DeMarcus Cousins.

Also, thing maybe getting interesting as far as a possible 3-team sign and trade to send Kyrie to Nets, Kemba to Celtics, and Rozier to Hornets. This would give Celtics more cap space flexibility and likely require Boston to send a 1st round pick to Brooklyn.

HOLY ****! Woj reporting that Durant will announce his free agency decision TONIGHT on his company owned sports business network. Wow!

Knicks fans, ready to have your heart pulled out your ass again like with The Decision? Tune in to Durant?s Decision 2, tonight! Sigh.

Just looked at Durant?s The Boardroom Instagram and just throwing out there that 2 of the last 4 posts are on RJ Barrett. This could be the all-time biggest troll of Knicks fans ever.

tiger0330

Legend
HOLY ****! Woj reporting that Durant will announce his free agency decision TONIGHT on his company owned sports business network. Wow!
Only team he could have possibly met are the Dubs, I say he's going there and taking their dough. Although Mills could be right outside his door with contract in hand for him to sign it this evening. Glad he's doing it tonight because he was one of those domino chips that needed to fall for free agency for the rest of the league.

Only team he could have possibly met are the Dubs, I say he's going there and taking their dough. Although Mills could be right outside his door with contract in hand for him to sign it this evening. Glad he's doing it tonight because he was one of those domino chips that needed to fall for free agency for the rest of the league.

You could be right, but I don?t think it?s that simple. Plenty of players will announce at 6PM that they have signed with new teams (Kyrie to Brooklyn, Kemba to Boston, etc.). Feels like the 6PM ?start? of free agency is kind of a joke. Players and teams have been talking for days or weeks.

mafra

Legend
Well, if he?s making his decision tonight then his mind was already made up... and we?ve heard this whole time he?s coming to NY.

The injury may have changed his mind or maybe Kyrie not agreeing swayed his thinking...

60/40 it?s NY to GSW

tiger0330

Legend
Minnesota remains at the top of the list of the teams to sign DeAngelo Russell. They are another team that would need to clear cap space and could potentially send us 1 or 2 year contracts with a pick. Opportunities are there for us to use our space for assets and not just for stunt free agent signings.
Jeff Teague and a first would be a good deal for the Knicks. 31 yr old former AS, 1 yr 19M left on his contract. DLo may be an all star but I'm not sure anyone wants to give him a max deal.

mafra

Legend
Adrian Wojnarowski
@wojespn
?
1h
Sources: Boston's showing interest in a 3-team sign-and-trade w/ Kyrie Irving (Nets), Kemba Walker (Celtics) and Terry Rozier (Hornets). Boston wants to create a full MLE and would likely need to surrender at least a first-round pick to Nets. So far, talks are exploratory.

Checking out The Boardroom on Instagram and ESPN+, there is a relentless business feel to all of it. Making your brand. Marketing. It screams LA or NYC to me. Shocked if the outcome of all this is Brooklyn or stay in GS.

Broadway

All Star

The fact he hasn't really met with anyone suggest he's likely staying. Latest report was that we were going to pitch him on how much money he could make by being in New York. LMAO Knicks trying to run the 2010 playbook all over again how ridiculous. This guy has built his empire away from NY this whole time. He finally has footing here but he didn't need nor needs any particular market to establish economic prosperity.

He likely could leave too but lol @ US

mafra

Legend
I just heard that... Kyrie and KD and DSJ together, as expected, but in Brooklyn! Lol.

So can?t wait to hear Perry and Fiz soon this failure. It probably ends up working out for Knicks, but it?s still a major fail this happened under Dolan and Mills watch.

This reminds me of when Nets got Deron, KG, Pierce and thought they were on their way...

At least we get to root for Brooklyn implosion...

But, if this happens, then NYK officially an NBA laughingstock. Only hope will be on our kids...

mafra

Legend
Remember when Dolan was furious Nets Russian owner put up that billboard near MsG? If Nets steak Mill?s vision, after they convinced him to deal KP for lottery flip DSJ, who arrived in town with ruptured discs.... lol.

Would this finally force Dolan to fire Mills or will the negative press be enough to force him to sell.

Again, this may be a blessing...

Anyway... looks like another 3 years of losing.

KD going to Brooklyn with Kyrie and DeAndre Jordan is like a sad parody of Lebron?s Decision joining Wade and Bosh in Miami.

If this is the case, I bet we are the better team in 2 years if we stay the course.