A blocked shot? Excuse me...what?

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Putting aside the "STAT sucks" and the "Gallo's a bitch" and "Damnphony" talk...

Let's sit and think about the fact that we're currently LEADING the NBA in blocked shots. I know it's only through four games, but...when was the last time we came anywhere CLOSE to being even AVERAGE in that category?

elcol

Rotation player
yes i love this whole blocked shot stuff. for all who said amare can't play defence, yall are just bums who don't know he can really get his BS and so can turiaf, chandler, and mozzy.

DEFENCE BACK IN THE GARDEN.
(don't forget the steals)

serendipity10

Benchwarmer
It is most definitely a new Knicks team with much improvement on the defensive end with forcing turnovers, steals and blocks. Something the Knicks didn't have last year was keeping the lead with defense. Knicks are improving with each game, loving what i am seeing so far. Hope the development of the team continues.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
im impressed with our defense so far were hustling and creating our fastbreak chances and thats whats key for us transition points. were getting on the run cause of forced turnovers( due to defensive pressure ), blocked shots, rebounds as a unit, and the aforementioned hustle. im loving this and D'Antoni has the chance to prove 2 things this season;

he doesnt need nash to be a good coach

and he can coach a good defensive unit..

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
The problem with last year's Knicks defense wasn't the coaching so much as it was the players themselves. David Lee can't play defense, Al Harrington can't play defense...PERIOD. That's all there is to it.

These guys, on the other hand, are really making strides. Gallo's made strides on defense since coming into the league, Mozgov and Turiaf are holding it down GREAT in the paint, Chandler's really come into his own and being aggressive on defense, and Toney Douglas is ever the defensive stopper. The most important thing to me is the willingness to hustle and improve, something you just didn't see in last year's team.

i like me a little defence. impressed by the way our team has defended so far to start off the season, hope we can maintain

i think the ball movement is good and that everyone is making a very good effort in playing team basketball which is the most important for the team and chemistry wise to be successful. The players are really showing resilincy and tenacious effort contributing to the team for giving us fans a good show and showing to us die hard fans that care for our team each and every night. This team is so brand new and diiferent compared to the other dreadful obviously frustrating unwatchable years ( specially last two years with players bascially playing for the sole purpose for their contracts to expire to make a run at getting the superstar free agent class, we know how it turned out :boohoo:) in which the team was basically unwatchableeee and painful to watch showing utter emabarrasement playing with no pride and desire for the team specially Al free candy Harrington, larry brick hughes and chris Dudu Duhon frustrating with his performance of play as a starter clearly showing that basically he`s a bench role player rather than a starter. This new fr esh team is showing that they have the desire to play for this team and part of this new era in the future rather than contracts expiring. Man the team during the last two years drastically compared to this fresh new year just was plain horrible, frustrating and unbearable to watch!! :barf:

mafra

Legend
I love this Turiaf pickup. He's EXACTLY what the Knicks have lacked. As close to Oakley as we're going to get. He's a force in the paint. Hustles. Rebounds. Blocks shots.

If Mozgov and/or Randolph develop, and we keep Turiaf, STAT will have all the protection he needs down low.