A Sober Approach

TakMan

Rotation player
So the Knicks are 50% since the trade and have some tricky games coming up (Not that there's ever an easy game for this team) There's been a resurgence of late, in anti D'Antoni posts, calling for his head and asserting that there is no way the Knicks will progress under him. I recently became one of those commentators. The latest Indiana game did it for me and I posted on the game thread stating it would be best if we hired a replacement instantly in order to get the team ready in time for the playoffs. Truth is there may have been an element of exaggeration in that statement. There are many elements to D'Antoni's approach that I dislike. The lack of teamwork, variety and, of course, defence to name a few. However:

1. We are the second best offence in the league.

2. We have the most Blocks/gm in the league

3. Right after the trade and up until the last 3 games our defence demonstrated signs of existence; something Knicks fans had not witnessed in years.

4. The team has been completely re-structured and will require time to create an identity and achieve consistency

5. I think we've been way too lax with the players' effort

6. It does look like we are going to make the playoffs for the first time in centuries.

What I'm saying is that even though not a D'Antoni fan, I do feel that there is a lot more to the what we have witnessed than the coach himself. Let's not forget how 'successful' his predecessors were.