Azubuike Looking Doubtful For Camp

Paul1355

All Star
Knicks guard Kelenna Azubuike isn't yet working out and is still doing offcourt rehab after missing most of last season with a torn tendon in his left knee.

It's looking doubtful that Azubuike will be 100 percent when training camp opens on Sept. 25.

Read more: http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archi...uike_looking_doubtful_for_camp/#ixzz0yP0uX54k
then this means he won't be involved in a trade since no team would want someone who is hurt

Once he comes back and is 100% he will be a great addition. I wish he was healthy right now but no need to rush him.

We have Walker, Mason, Chandler, and Fields who can all play the two.

This is actually good for Fields and Walker who can get some more minutes.

serendipity10

Benchwarmer
It's a big loss. Kelenna Azubuike tore his patellar tendon in his left knee, which is one of the worst injuries you can get playing in the NBA. If he's not ready yet recovering from surgery then i don't see him being ready any time soon. When Azubuike does come back will he play with the same skills he had playing for the Warriors?
Who knows, but in my opinion Wilson Chandler is the best option at the SG position. The Knicks need someone at the SG who can throw it down at the other end of the court in a fastbreak, who better to do that than Wilson Chandler.
Bill Walker needs to figure things out with his game, if he struggled in the Summer League, it won't be easier for Walker in the regular season. He lost some weight for speed, but I believe he also lost power making his game very different. Lets hope he figures out how to develop his speed into his game in training camp and preseason games.
As for Roger Mason Jr. he will always be a role player

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Why didn't we sign Anthony Morrow, seriously? It would've opened the court for us and every single player on the floor would have benefited offensively.

Right now our best active 2 is Roger Mason. I've always backed Walker, but it looks like he's been lost in translation.

I still say Rudy is a decent get. If we're talking Spaniards, let's bring back Juan Carlos Navarro to the NBA.

There's been talk of playing Gallo at the 2 like it's some sort of revelation and a "can't believe I didn't think of that before" point of view, but, IMO, that's not realistic for us on defence.

Mason Jr. has his chance to shine again. If he does, AWESOME! Not keeping my hopes up though. At this stage, he's our starting 2.

Paul1355

All Star
It's a big loss. Kelenna Azubuike tore his patellar tendon in his left knee, which is one of the worst injuries you can get playing in the NBA. If he's not ready yet recovering from surgery then i don't see him being ready any time soon. When Azubuike does come back will he play with the same skills he had playing for the Warriors?
Who knows, but in my opinion Wilson Chandler is the best option at the SG position. The Knicks need someone at the SG who can throw it down at the other end of the court in a fastbreak, who better to do that than Wilson Chandler.
Bill Walker needs to figure things out with his game, if he struggled in the Summer League, it won't be easier for Walker in the regular season. He lost some weight for speed, but I believe he also lost power making his game very different. Lets hope he figures out how to develop his speed into his game in training camp and preseason games.
As for Roger Mason Jr. he will always be a role player
I don't see how losing weight hurts your game, especially when you are a tweener SG/SF...Walker was always atheletic but not fast enough to blow by defenders...if he works on a quick first step, he can be very good on drives. His shot is very good as we saw a 43% performance last season.

I really feel that Walker was just rusty in the summer league. Walker needs multiple games to get in the groove and then he will impress, again.

serendipity10

Benchwarmer
Yeah I agree, but he still needs to prove himself. Bill Walker said himself he's not use to his body. His ball handling and dribbling skills need to improve for him to use his speed properly. I believe that is why he struggled getting to the hoop.
Wilson Chandler is more ready to play as a starter more than Walker, this might change. Competition is great in this case, both players will definitely improve.

Paul1355

All Star
Yeah I agree, but he still needs to prove himself. Bill Walker said himself he's not use to his body. His ball handling and dribbling skills need to improve for him to use his speed properly. I believe that is why he struggled getting to the hoop.
Wilson Chandler is more ready to play as a starter more than Walker, this might change. Competition is great in this case, both players will definitely improve.
True right now Chandler has the starting nod at SG making us a very tall team.

Chandler, however, has a weak jump shot from long range, so what is the point of playing Chandler with Amare, when you can't even use Amare's presence for open shots? Mason Jr. or Walker would fit better with a low pot presence since they can make open shots from long range, when Amare draws double teams.

That is my only beef with Chandler starting. He is not a pure two, has a low IQ, and needs to improve his jump shot.