Caron Butler and Kwame Brown

richtree

Rotation player
I like these two guys because they provide toughness and muscle to a team that is slight under the boards.

Bulter can really rebound from the 2guard spot and although Brown never lived up to #1 pick status he can Rebound and Scrap....

Free Agency will go crazy and we could really need some youth and spring from the bench...but these two vets could help us in the tough matchups with Miami, Boston, and whatever team Howard ends up on...

GLAD TO BE BACK GUYS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LeFlume

All Star
Pls don't mention Kwame Brown and The Knicks in the same sentence. Just thinking of him in orange and blue makes me wanna puke. :barf:

nyk_nyk

All Star
Pls don't mention Kwame Brown and The Knicks in the same sentence. Just thinking of him in orange and blue makes me wanna puke. :barf:

To his credit, he has improved over the last two seasons. Still not great but serviceable if coached right.

mafra

Legend
I think Grant Hill & Jeff Foster is more realistic.

Butler, J-Craw (and B-Roy) would be ideal to start at SG for NYK this seaosn, but those guys will be offered multi-year deals. We wont do that. Grant Hill would accept a 1-yr deal to come here. SG spot is WIDE OPEN for GH to get his 30 minutes per game.

He may not be the sniper some other guys are, but I would prefer his all-around game, experience in our SSOL system and vet presence anyway.

D-Stevenson would also be a fallback, plan-c type guy. Can hit the 3 and play defense that rattles Wade-Lebron.

I wouldn't mind K-Brown on a 1 yr deal. ANYTHING THAT PREVENTS JJ's return is fine by me. Jeff Foster is fine as well.

Foster would bring that paint presence we need. Be an enforcer. Know his roll.

Billups
Hill
Carmelo
Amar'e
Foster
With Douglas, Shumpert, Fields, Shawne Williams, Walker, Turiaf & Jordan or Joorts.
That's good enough to make a run this year. Foster-Turiaf would be nasty enforcers in the paint come playoffs. Douglas-Shumpert AT LEAST a modern-day version of Ward-Childs. Hill would be that SG option to score... the 4th option... which NYK sorely lacked last year.
Bottom line is this:
1) This team will go as far as their big-3 take them. Billups-Melo-STAT. Their talent (& health). They need a supporting cast. An outside shooter, paint presence, a wing defender.
2) Nene or M-Gasol plus a B-Roy, C-Butler or J-Craw would be ideal, but NYK doesn't have cap space this year. They are only offering 1-yr deals anyway. Trade for Paul wont happen. Deal Amar'e for Howard?
3) Of the rest, it's hit or miss. Hill & Foster is decent enough, especially if they mesh. Hill knows D'ant's system. Foster would easily fill that roll of space-eater and enforcer. Options are limited

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Jeff Foster would be a great addition to our team that's desperate for rebounding and post defense. I think we should also look at Brendan Haywood, Chuck Hayes, and Kurt Thomas.

Grant Hill would be an excellent addition considering how close he was to coming to NY way back when. It was tough to justify to him cause our team was so damn bad at the time but now that we have Amar'e and Melo I think he'd be open to the idea of signing here as a roleplayer.

You know, I don't completely HATE the idea of Kwame (he's not bad so long as you remember that all he would be for us would be a 20-min guy who'd grab rebounds and take an occasional dunk here or there) but I think Foster would be a better choice for us.