Did the Knicks miss out:

Just a thought about a player(there are other) that we should have traded for before the deadline.
It not that I’m not pleased with what they did … that being the BB people in this organization. Finally some smart decisions. For the record if those that did the OG and Previous trade never do anything else I will not complain( BB people, ok).
Back what I think was a miss opportunity.

Atlanta Hawks | #5 | Guard
DEJOUNTE
MURRAY
The Hawks are looking to trade him for what reason I have no idea. They need to trade Young but I don’t think anyone wants him. Murray strengthens the Knicks is a lot of ways. He is a clutch player. The only drawback is that I don’t think he fits with Brunson. The 150 million dollar PG will have to go. Knowing that might sit right with some of you but it a thought about making us better.
The other question is who would you trade to the Hawks? If they take Brunson and DD and that break up that Nova connection.

This has been on my mine for sometime. Chime in and tell me what you think 🤔.

Kiyaman

Legend
The 2023-24 Knicks Nova Trio (Brunson/Divo/Hart) were threaten by the Knicks backcourt of
RJ Barrett's high scoring.
And combo-guard Quickley's high IQ.
And Grimes 2-Way performance.

The Knicks Nova Trio has no threats from the new addition of
OG Anunoby's combo-forward performance.
Or Precious Achuwa dynamic tactics at PF.
Or the mid 30's Burks and Bog individual offense performance.

Now Dejounte Murray's all-around performance
Is a Big-Threat to Brunson's minutes at PG.
And a super-big-threat to Divo in the starter lineup.
Or a super-big-threat to Hart as the 6th Man.
The Knicks Nova Trio do not want Murray as a teammate.

Ok….
Let me say this that Murray isn’t the answer for a #1 option or superstar that everyone wants. He is however a very good clutch player.
That said would you be favor of trading for Murray and who would you give up??

Kiyaman

Legend
I was quiet on the Feb. 8th deadline trade for reasons of not understanding what .500 NBA team GM would trade players with Pistons (8 wins), Wizards (9 wins), Spurs (11 wins) on the trade deadline ???
Leon Rose .. Embarrassed to see how many Knicks fans agreed with this trade.
Myself, I was outraged at given up a 23 yr old offense/defense Grimes, for two no-defense Fournier.
Fournier was on a ending contract we could use his $$$ in the offseason to resign two Keeper players (IHart & Precious).

Kiyaman

Legend
Ok….
Let me say this that Murray isn’t the answer for a #1 option or superstar that everyone wants. He is however a very good clutch player.
That said would you be favor of trading for Murray and who would you give up??

The only player I would have traded Grimes (and Fournier) for is Murray!
But like I said, the Nova Trio see Murray as a threat to each of their playing time.
Last night watching Tatum score easy baskets when defended by Bogs or Burks looked pitiful