Felton with 5 assists : 4 turnovers vs K-Lowry

mafra

Legend
Chandler *was* enough by most mainstream, credible accounts.

Even *if* he wasn't....it is 100% clear we *could* have done it. And done it without giving up a king's ransom....

And ya, just look at what MIN did. It was just a golden, ripe opportunity all-around to make a deal to get Curry....

AND, you'd think when we got shat on by being so dopey and conservative, and they all got snatched up (Rubio, Curry, Tyreke)....that we'd then reflexively take a shot on PG Jennings(!)

It really pisses me off what Walsh did, or didn't do, that draft.

And then he acts like some Crusader in being open to anything and everything in dumping Jeffries, lol....Only to revert back to that same brand of lame, conservative, hoping after MIA/CHI counter-moved...and just pray the players fell into our laps.

I totally agree. I'm still trying to decide what was the worst moment:

1) When GSW selected S-Curry
or
2) When I heard J-Hill's name announced

Both were the worst feelings I had being a NYK fan since all those time we lost to the Bulls. Talk about pain. It still stings and tastes bitter!

A huge, collossal mistake not getting Curry.... But then to pass on Jennings or LAwson, that was compounding the boner. Repeating the mistake.

Again, the first thing you do when you hire MD, is to find his QB. A PG should have been priority number one. ALL ESLE WAS BS.

You hire MD, you clear space to make a run at LJ, and the one asset you have to procur is the PG of the future for the new coach.

To draft 2 project forwards with the 2 lottery picks (your best chance to build something to lure LJ) was assinine! No doubt. Even if MD is talking you into a certain player... OVERRULE HIM!

iSaYughh

Starter
Exactly, again. Re: doing what it takes to ensure a Curry/Tyrke/Jennings/Lawson PG. That's a blueprint.

We could have had a very similar makeup to CHI...but better, more explosive and powerful. But like them...young, steady, well-built, clear plan for the present and future.

Not unlike OKC, either.

These teams don't have a million loose ends flying around and potential what-if's. They consolidate (Chandler + Douglas pick + two 2nds, to get that Curry/Tyreke draft slot secured, eg, as the TYPE of deal we easily could have, and should have made). And move forward powerfully and with a clear head.

The same way we *still* can have such a blueprint if we do what it takes to GET MELO.

mafra

Legend
Exactly, again. Re: doing what it takes to ensure a Curry/Tyrke/Jennings/Lawson PG. That's a blueprint.

We could have had a very similar makeup to CHI...but better, more explosive and powerful. But like them...young, steady, well-built, clear plan for the present and future.

Not unlike OKC, either.

These teams don't have a million loose ends flying around and potential what-if's. They consolidate (Chandler + Douglas pick + two 2nds, to get that Curry/Tyreke draft slot secured, eg, as the TYPE of deal we easily could have, and should have made). And move forward powerfully and with a clear head.

The same way we *still* can have such a blueprint if we do what it takes to GET MELO.

And I wanted T-Gibson too!

Jennings and Gibson! Much better than Hill-Douglas.

BUt.... hey.... Walsh still has a chance to salvage something. IF he gets Melo, then we'll forgive him. BUT, let's face it.... If he gets Melo it's more b/c of luck than design.

I would love to draft Fredette or Irving and sign Melo. Then I'll be REALLY HAPPY and put the last 10 years behind me.

iSaYughh

Starter
And I wanted T-Gibson too!

Jennings and Gibson! Much better than Hill-Douglas.

BUt.... hey.... Walsh still has a chance to salvage something. IF he gets Melo, then we'll forgive him. BUT, let's face it.... If he gets Melo it's more b/c of luck than design.

I would love to draft Fredette or Irving and sign Melo. Then I'll be REALLY HAPPY and put the last 10 years behind me.

Fully agreed. Walsh just needs to get Melo, bring on Chris Mullins, get Isiah legally restrained from setting foot in MSG, and I'll forgive and forget everything else.

Prob is. We are still vulnerable, compared to our trading partners. People see how we acted with Jeffries. People know what we need, how bad we need it. It's a tough negotiating platform to walk into for even the most cut-throat of GMs....Luckily, DEN is in a ragdoll spot, too, and Melo is like a 3rd party working for us.

I just pray STAT and Melo can mesh well where STAT's talents aren't suffocated. And we aren't left with DLee-performance but with extra age, uninsured knees, and a 20M premium.

Ah, it's amazing how each of Dolan's kicktoys (sports teams), are all, even when they aren't basement level performers, still prolly the most ill-constructed, wayward franchises.

smokes

Huge Member
I'm pretty sure Walsh was looking at any trade-up scenario on the radar that summer and no one was too high on Chandler at that point so I don't think a Chandler + 8 would have been rejected by Walsh to move up to 3.

You are right we should have picked Jennings, but again that's been discussed to death on this forum already. And it seems to be quite clear that D'antoni went for Hill over Jennings despite the recommendations of our scouting team.

If Walsh is guilty of anything it's giving D'antoni too much control over our draft picks, apart from that I can't blame him for too much.