Gallo: The most important man in NY sports???

KBlack25

Starter
I'm not going to get too deep into this thread but the article is conjecture and stupid. I am a fan of Gallo and hope he can become an all-star but to even pretend he is the most important player on the Knicks let alone all of NYC sports is silly. (yes I read the article)

Forgetting every other sport lets pretend that tomorrow you had to chose one player to have a career ending injury between Gallo and Amare...who would you chose? I would easily choose Gallo and ride Amare to a playoff birth without Gallo. Amare is easily the most important Knick at this point and it's not even close. The Knicks with Amare and without Gallo still make the playoffs. The Knicks with Gallo but without Amare = 2009 pt.2.

THANK YOU!
Someone presented an argument that actually has some meaning within the context of the article (and hence the argument) unlike the others. My only thing with Amare is that we can guesstimate how well he will do pretty accurately. Gallinari is more in the unknown and so how he does matters a lot more. I think Amare basically (barring injury) will be in a particular range whereas Gallinari will be somewhere within a much larger range

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter

THANK YOU!
Someone presented an argument that actually has some meaning unlike the others. My only thing with Amare is that we can guesstimate how well he will do pretty accurately. Gallinari is more in the unknown and so how he does matters a lot more. I think Amare basically (barring injury) will be in a particular range whereas Gallinari will be somewhere within a much larger range

I agree with that but being unknown does not equal important. If Gallo can become Dirk then maybe he is more important than Amare. As of right now he is a difference maker but not as much as Amare.

KBlack25

Starter
I agree with that but being unknown does not equal important. If Gallo can become Dirk then maybe he is more important than Amare. As of right now he is a difference maker but not as much as Amare.

Right...but I think it's more about how much zero from Gallinari (all other things being equal) would hurt the team and a ton from Gallinari (all other things being equal) would help the team...does that make sense? There is def. an argument for STAT, but if Gallo proves to live up to his high-end potential, and STAT performs as expected, that helps our team I think much more than if STAT plays other-worldly and Gallo stays the same or slightly regresses.

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
BTW, when you add Amare's long term deal into the equation he becomes that much more important. Gallo will be great or he will be gone. Amare is here to stay for several years.

Kiyaman

Legend
Not a single person here has attacked you for your opinion on Gallinari. If you think (hope) he is going to fail, then fine. You are entitled to your opinion. But you still have failed, over and over again, to explain how Gallinari failing and becoming horrible will NOT have a negative impact on the team, which was the point of the article.

I will answer this one.

FAVORITISM PET-PLAYER
Marbury/Isiah Gallo/Dantoni

If a player had a disagreement with Marbury what happen?
If a player have a disagreement with Gallo or brother Dan ......
If a player have 10 consistent bad games are u going to keep
giving the player 33 mpg?
Isiah did it with Marbury, and Dantoni did it with Gallo & Duhon

KBlack25

Starter
Again...incoherent rambling that is off topic and fear to answer the straight up question that I asked, because he knows it kills his whole argument.

end thread.

Kiyaman

Legend
Kiya - I'll make it simple, answer the following question with a YES or NO:

Do you think that Danillo Gallinari's success, or lack of success, will have an impact on how well this team does, in light of how much playing time he will receive?

If your answer is Yes, you agree with the premise of the article. If you answer No, please explain why what Gallo does will not have an impact on our team?

Gallo can easly be replaced by Chandler/Randolph for a stronger presence in the paint if Gallo is injured or out for 15 to 50 games.

Gallo peremeter shooting maybe better than the two players at stretching the lead or catching up to the lead with the 3-ball shot. Other than that the two players inside scoring and defensive-stops are more important to the team. Plus we will get enough 3-ball shooting from our guards.

KBlack25

Starter
Gallo can easly be replaced by Chandler/Randolph for a stronger presence in the paint if Gallo is injured or out for 15 to 50 games.

Gallo peremeter shooting maybe better than the two players at stretching the lead or catching up to the lead with the 3-ball shot. Other than that the two players inside scoring and defensive-stops are more important to the team. Plus we will get enough 3-ball shooting from our guards.

That was not the question:

Yes or no: assuming the playing time Gallinari will get (as you say he will because of our coach) will his success or lack thereof have a strong impact on the team?

Kiyaman

Legend
That was not the question:

Yes or no: assuming the playing time Gallinari will get (as you say he will because of our coach) will his success or lack thereof have a strong impact on the team?

I dont know if that is a question to answer with a yes or no
being Gallo is a 3 point shooter.
Gallo has the green light to shoot 3-ball shots!
When a Knick player hit 2 or more 3-balls in a game at MSG the crowd goes
crazy, and forget the Knicks loss the game.
Gallo coming off the bench hitting 3's at 45% is important for a Knick win.
Sanchez throwing two touch downs a game is important for a Jets win.
What do all of NY sports got to do with these two guys?

What u dont understand about Kiya, is he dont want to see Gallo average
above 22 mpg or start any games this season, unless an injury occure to
Amare or Chandler, those are the two players will have to carry the biggest
load on this team for 32+ mpg this season at PF/SF spot as
"starters/finisher".
Having Turiaf teammenship for 28 mpg will be a big help in lifting PF-Amare/SF-Chandler performance.

We just put together a new team...... our coach spent half the offseason with the USA olympic team, Gallo in Italy, Felton at the lost and found, and we are not sure who will be our starting SG.
I wonder where all the new players for the Miami Heat spent the majority of their offseason???