Game thread: New York Knicks @ Indiana Pacers 12/18/2022 5:00pm [Game #30]

Kiyaman

Legend
Give me credit for this win! I followed score on phone but refused to watch. Thibbs should thank me for this victory! I don’t know what happened… will watch… but that’s a BIG win folks!!!!

Down the stretch we put on a SHOW of shows lol

Kiyaman

Legend
Wow what a victory. We go down 6 with 2 mins to go and Brunson hits a cold as ice step back 3 and then gets a steal and a bucket. Then Randle with 6 clutch FTs - last year he was an automatic 1/2 in these situations, but he made then all. But overall we got stops when we needed them. Grimes made a mistake, but we picked him up with good D.

mafra

Legend
Other than JB (3-3), NYK 5-23 from downtown! They were 23-30 from FT line (JR was 1-4 in the 1st Q)… they had 16 turnovers. They allowed 12 offensive rebounds… the bench scored just 14 points…. But they won!

Randle, Brunson, RJ have played in every game this season. They’ve won 7 in a row. 6 consecutive road wins (10-6 record on road this season).

Having a true PG matters!!!!

Kiyaman

Legend
Other than JB (3-3), NYK 5-23 from downtown! They were 23-30 from FT line (JR was 1-4 in the 1st Q)… they had 16 turnovers. They allowed 12 offensive rebounds… the bench scored just 14 points…. But they won!

Randle, Brunson, RJ have played in every game this season. They’ve won 7 in a row. 6 consecutive road wins (10-6 record on road this season).

Having a true PG matters!!!!

Having a true (winning) PG has started fixing the weakness in the rotation.
Wow the Knicks bench scored 14 points compared to the Pacers bench 35 points does worry me.
Are Carlyse the better coach?
McBride & Quickley's backcourt and Hart & Sims frontcourt was dynamic on defense, but their offense was controlled by Barrett.
It would've been nice to see Cam Reddish mixing in the bench lineup vs the small-ball Pacers for at least 12 minutes, instead of giving Barrett 44 minutes today.
Plus Thibs 9 man rotation need to be 10, plus need another SF to backup Barrett's inconsistency, and Hart should be Randle's back up, and Sims as MitchRob backup while Obi Toppin injured.

skisloper1

Benchwarmer
Hard to believe the Knicks are 17-13 after 30 games.
RJ was plus 11 for the game which is usually not the case.
4 rebounds , no assists and 5 TO.
will he come around

Broadway

All Star
Hard to believe the Knicks are 17-13 after 30 games.
RJ was plus 11 for the game which is usually not the case.
4 rebounds , no assists and 5 TO.
will he come around
I still don't trust this team...

To provide perspective, last yr we were 13-17 after 30gms(this yr 17-13) and then went 9-4 to get to 22-21(beat ATL twice, Bos, Dal, Min over stretch, all playoff teams). Remember Rose decided to do nothing at the deadline when the team started to crack and splinter? Next 10-15gms will tell alot. If we're close to .500 after 40gms and Rose sits on his hands looking at the schedule going forward...team is headed for a likely repeat of last yr

As of now are we playing better, absofreakinlutely...nothing has changed much, we go as Brunson goes if everyone else is about average

Kiyaman

Legend
I still don't trust this team...

To provide perspective, last yr we were 13-17 after 30gms(this yr 17-13) and then went 9-4 to get to 22-21(beat ATL twice, Bos, Dal, Min over stretch, all playoff teams). Remember Rose decided to do nothing at the deadline when the team started to crack and splinter? Next 10-15gms will tell alot. If we're close to .500 after 40gms and Rose sits on his hands looking at the schedule going forward...team is headed for a likely repeat of last yr

As of now are we playing better, absofreakinlutely...nothing has changed much, we go as Brunson goes if everyone else is about average

Good point .... Are we playing better? Yes and No.
Coach Tom Thibs control the weather on the Knicks record the next 10-15 games.
When McBride was added to the 9 Man rotation the Knicks went on a 7 game win streak.
I still believe the Knicks type of roster are a 10 man rotation team to play .500 ball through the season .. The Knicks don't have any All-Star players on the roster that should receive all-star minutes.

mafra

Legend
I agree. They ran into a ton of wind (perhaps 33%) just because they played better teams sans their best stars. You’ll take the win regardless but it’ll catch up with them eventually.

JB/Randle is good enough to take care of business against bottom 1/3 of league. But they’re still just a 7-10 seed. I think there are 8 teams better in EC… but, they could emerge from bubble and maybe play tough for a round… but no way will they be 1/4 standing in EC when May-June rolls around.