Game thread: New York Knicks @ OKC Thunder 8 pm (#Game 30)

Kiyaman

Legend
The Knicks are on a 3 game road trip to end the 2023 year .... OKC to Orlando to Indiana ..
Tonight, New York Knicks (17-12, sixth in the Eastern Conference) @ Oklahoma City Thunder (19-9, third in the Western Conference)
I'm looking forward to getting my chance to watch the season ROY Chet Holmgren vs Hartenstein

Kiyaman

Legend
First 5 minutes into the game Knicks 11 - OKC 16 points all in the paint
.Oh yeah, I almost forgot the Thuinders also got our Knicks 2022 first round pick 6.5 Point-Forward Jalen Williams
OKC Thunder speed look to be controlling the tempo of the game, and Shai's Iso moves are turning into highlights
8 minutes into the game .. Knicks 16 - OKC 25

Last edited:

Kiyaman

Legend
End of First Quarter .. Knicks 25 - OKC 38
The Knicks 2nd unit bench lineup is missing a fresh leg Hartenstein in their lineup to be on par with OKC tempo

Kiyaman

Legend
Half Time .. Knicks 60 - OKC 68
Hartenstein had to play 19 minute in the first half to stop OKC from increasing their double digit lead.
Donte's 11 pts & Barrett's 8 pts went on a run at the end of the 2nd qtr. to stop OKC double digit lead.

Kiyaman

Legend
OKC Thunder Head coach Daigneault played 11 players in the first-half rotation .. Thibs 9 players !!!
Shai, Giddy, and Williams trio each perform well at point-forward in the starter lineup.

Kiyaman

Legend
End of 3rd Quarter .. Knicks 89 - OKC 93
Randle Bully Ball was helpful in the 3rd qtr.
Now we got to hold down their high tempo 4th quarter .. Go Knicks

Kiyaman

Legend
Jalen Williams 36 pts tonite is rubbing it in our Knicks management Face for not selecting him in the draft.

Kiyaman

Legend
Quickley's 22 pts in 25 minutes did give OKC a scare, but our 4th quarter defense gave up 36 pts.
We have to stop letting opponents score 130 points.

mafra

Legend
It defies logic how Mills scouted Kentucky and walked away with the brilliant idea to draft Kevin Knox over his Wildcat teammate SGA. And why did Thibbs sub in RJ for IQ in the 4Q? Not a good move…

Nobody could stop J-Williams, who had a career high! Turnovers were the difference and the officiating in the 4Q didn’t help. OKC is good tho. They need to bring in a DeRozan or something…. They could make a run this year.

For the record… C. Gaines drafted Kevin Knox. Mills, Perry and C. Robinson had no knowledge or idea who to draft because they weren’t prepared to take over after stabbing Phil in the back. Knox averaged 12pt his rookie season. Now if you know something about BB and it obvious you don’t. Any normal team or GM or PRESIDENT would build on that. The Knicks didn’t….

Instead next year they draft R.J. the next year. They want to show how smart and knowledgeable they are about Bb. With a #3 overall pick.

So if you want Mills to draft Knox then by all means mention RJ…. Of course RJ is the problem with the Knicks. Every night he shows he was a Huge Mistake.

mafra

Legend
Kevin Knox? Lol. Again, what moron would go scout Kentucky and walk away thinking that Knox was the better pro prospect over his teammate SGA? Another Gaines boner. Pick was so bad, just look at the very next run of selection: Mikel Bridges, SGA, Miles Bridges, M-Porter….

Mills was team president and he hired Scott Perry. That Knox debacle is on both of them. Where’s Knox now? Is he playing in China or the Rec center in Jefferson Valley? Anybody who touts his 12ppg rookie year just lost all credibility. I knew more about bball when I was 9 than some dolt who made that claim.

That was funny. I needed that laugh.

RJ? Geez…. Not like passing on MVP caliber SGA for Knox. What? We could’ve had Garland? Oh, wait, Gaines also passed on Jalen Brunson for Knox. Bwaaaah! That blunder in 2018 should get your arrested, the choice was criminal.

Kiyaman

Legend
Back to last night game ...........
How big was the decision to take a hot offense/defense player (Quickley) out the game the final 4 minutes of the game? Especially. when OKC lead was up and down 7 to 5 points?
In those 4 minutes OKC scored 16 points out of 36 points 4th quarter.

Coach Thibs decision making in the OKC game has spun big online in Quickley's favor concerning a few things ..
1) Management should've worked harder negotiating an extension in offseason.
2) The decreased minutes ???
3) Making Josh Hart the 6th man, then taking Grimes out of the starter lineup for Donte, Just for the Nova connection?
4) What's Quickleys market? Is Quickley a valuable 30 minute role-player?

mafra

Legend
The slump RJ is mired in plus the performance in that game doesn’t justify the decision. RJ avg 29 minutes a game during this poop stretch of his and IQ about 21. That needs to be reversed!

He needs some tough move now. It’s been a few years already. As one post on X stated:

One aspect that truly irks me about RJ and his erratic performance is the fact that he's been given the perfect environment to be a GREAT #3 on a contending team.

It's one thing if RJ had difficulties while being the first or second option on a team without the necessary pieces to excel. He's the third option, playing behind two All-NBA players, and not even being required to take on majority of the load.

Last edited:
Back to last night game ...........
How big was the decision to take a hot offense/defense player (Quickley) out the game the final 4 minutes of the game? Especially. when OKC lead was up and down 7 to 5 points?
In those 4 minutes OKC scored 16 points out of 36 points 4th quarter.

Coach Thibs decision making in the OKC game has spun big online in Quickley's favor concerning a few things ..
1) Management should've worked harder negotiating an extension in offseason.
2) The decreased minutes ???
3) Making Josh Hart the 6th man, then taking Grimes out of the starter lineup for Donte, Just for the Nova connection?
4) What's Quickleys market? Is Quickley a valuable 30 minute role-player?
In the Christmas Day game against Bucks. There was the same situation in the 4th quarter where IQ was hot and Thib’s inserted RJ. I posted then why is Thibs playing RJ when IQ is hot.
All the questions say Thib’s is out of touch with reality. Maybe he use to be a good coach but not now. The Knicks are playing it safe with him because they don’t have anyone else to go too.
See IQ being hot comes with a lot of problems because of the type of player he is. Chose your poison!!

Broadway

All Star
Kevin Knox? Lol. Again, what moron would go scout Kentucky and walk away thinking that Knox was the better pro prospect over his teammate SGA? Another Gaines boner. Pick was so bad, just look at the very next run of selection: Mikel Bridges, SGA, Miles Bridges, M-Porter….

Mills was team president and he hired Scott Perry. That Knox debacle is on both of them. Where’s Knox now? Is he playing in China or the Rec center in Jefferson Valley? Anybody who touts his 12ppg rookie year just lost all credibility. I knew more about bball when I was 9 than some dolt who made that claim.

That was funny. I needed that laugh.

RJ? Geez…. Not like passing on MVP caliber SGA for Knox. What? We could’ve had Garland? Oh, wait, Gaines also passed on Jalen Brunson for Knox. Bwaaaah! That blunder in 2018 should get your arrested, the choice was criminal.
He’s definitely been given his chances…at the same time team looked just as mediocre and in some cases worse when he missed gms early on

Like I said around the 12-15gm mark…we’re a mediocre team who happens to be Top Heavy by relying on 2 players to do everything and they have limitations of their own

Funny how we think RJ or maybe even a player like Grimes regressed but when it comes to the idea of trading them we want Donovan Mitchell or better in exchange…make it make sense people, please make it make sense

mafra

Legend
I think it’s upside, with RJ bc he’s only 23 and with IQ it’s bc he has been giving the opportunity to showcase…. And if a Donovan Mitchell won’t sign with you and says he’s signing with Knicks when he’s a free agent, you sort of lose leverage.

Now, we aren’t getting a Halliburton or SGA caliber player, a Zion even, or a Booker…. But perhaps KAT or DM…. As it turned out, the best they could get was OG.