Game thread: New York Knicks vs Phoenix Suns 1/2/2023 3:00pm [Game #38]

Kiyaman

Legend
The Knicks are at home facing the 20-17 Phoenix Suns .. A must win game to stay .500

Devin Booker is OUT for Phoenix, while R.J Barrett and Obi Toppin are OUT for New Yew York. Jalen Brunson is Questionable.

Last edited:

rady

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for the thread, Kiyaman, sup! I’ve been away for the new year and missed several. Looking forward to see Quickley have another 30 point game and hopefully a win

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rady

Administrator
Staff member
Knicks up 19-9 and Randle already with 9 points and 6 boards

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rady

Administrator
Staff member
Knicks led by as many as 32 after going on a 21-0 run into the second quarter. These early leads don't necessary make me too comfortable but i'm happy to see Brunson taking over. 16 points and 4 assists at halftime. Randle strong in the first. Needs a couple of rebounds to be in double-double. So far so good.

rady

Administrator
Staff member
Suns cutting the lead to 18 early in the fourth and giving some chills but the Knicks are bout to win this easily. 100-80 and two more minutes to play

Kiyaman

Legend
Wsup Rady .. I missed the entire game, except tip-off .... had to go with my daughter to the outlet, I felt kidnapped SMH ..
Brunson being back in the picture had to change a lot of things on the court when the Knicks could take the lead at tip-off and stretch it to a 54- 31 half time lead WOW! And hold onto the lead throughout the 2nd half for a 102-83 Knicks WIN !!!

The Knicks roster is a 6 seeded team this season when coach Thibs stop playing players 40 minutes consistently. Plus Free Cam Reddish 2-Way style in a lineup alongside Grimes 2-Way performance and Brunson playmaking.

rady

Administrator
Staff member
Thibs freaked out when the Suns cut the lead to 18, decided to rest Sims and put Randle back in. Looking at the boxscore and i'm stunned. All starters playing 35 minutes or more, with Randle and Brunson getting 40 and 39. We're not even halfway into the season i wonder how much gas these guys still have.

Kiyaman

Legend
Thibs freaked out when the Suns cut the lead to 18, decided to rest Sims and put Randle back in. Looking at the boxscore and i'm stunned. All starters playing 35 minutes or more, with Randle and Brunson getting 40 and 39. We're not even halfway into the season i wonder how much gas these guys still have.

The reason why I don't see Randle as a team player or all-star, plus coach Tom Thibs failure as a NBA head coach.
Two straight games the Knicks won by 20 points, and Randle received 39 minutes of playing time.
And I'm starting to like the front court tandem of Center Sims and PF Hartenstein

Kiyaman

Legend
Up 52-20, you think the reserves would get some burn.
Sims receive 9 min
Hart 12 min
Fournier 14 min
McBride 17 min
D.Rose, Cam, and Barrett in street clothe ....
In the last two games we should've had a 10 man rotation, instead of 8 half rotation, having a 20 pt lead at end of 3rd quarter. What is Tom Thibs doing?
The Knicks coach Tom Thibs are not developing a playoff team from the roster this season.

It's bad, 38 games in the season and the Knicks don't have a 2nd unit bench lineup to rest the starter lineup players through the midseason games by cutting-down the starter players minutes to 30 or less each game. Brunson's first game back plays 40 minutes in a 20 pt win .. Thibs did the same thing to D.Rose in Chi Town.
The Knicks started the season having winning depth from their bench !!!
PG D,Rose
SG Quickley
SF Cam
SG/SF Fournier
PF Toppin
PF Hart
C Sims
PG McBride