Join the Fire Mike D'Antoni Facebook Page!

nuckles2k2

Superstar
Once again...no one said anything about being a top ten defensive team, we're (at least I am) talking about just playing solid defense...I don't know how that translates to "one of the best defensive teams in the NBA"...that's a bit of a jump. Good, consistent defense is exactly what is sounds like...good, consistent, defense. The 13th, 14th, 15th, and 16th ranked defensive teams all play consistent enough defense to earn them those ranking spots...if you take any of those defenses and combine them with the offense that this Knicks team could produce and you have a solid team. Look at Dallas...last time i checked the rankings, they were 12th in defense and at one point they had the second best record in the West.

I said it once, and I'll say it again. MDA's job is to get consistent defensive efforts out of his players as much as it's his job to get consistent offensive efforts out of them...if he's not getting it done...he needs to go. Whether it's a lack of coaching or lack of respect for him from the players...you need a change and you can't fire the players.

These reasons of him never having a chance to build a team sounds like Skip Bayless when he's struggling his ass off to sound smart.

Amar'e standing in the paint and fronting Larry Sanders without paying attention to his man, only to let the dude run around him, get the pass, and jam it...has nothing to do with who's on the roster. That's a dude not paying attention, that's also unacceptable...but then D'Antoni's response is "our defense looked good out there."

Stop it.

Already seen where you posted on theganggreen.com talking about how you created a Knicks user name to "troll KnicksFanFromQueens" then quicky deleted that post. Good job guy. You & YungMelo are both from TGG... Take care you little NJ Nets fan & just so everyone knows... He's a NJ Nets fan. The same guy who trolled this site under the user name "PhillyStackz" ("624" from the GangGreen). YungMelo15 is also a Nets fan under the user name JohnThaJet on TGG. Pathetic little internet creeps. Take care & quote me all you like Net fan.

nuckles2k2

Superstar
I'm less concerned with where he's from and more concerned with why you believe that the answer to plays like Amar'e fronting Sanders and losing his man, and Delfino going NBA Jam "on fire," is "....well.....MDA never got a chance to build a team so....60 wins in Phoenix...remember that?!?! yea...uh...I still believe in him cause his system didn't work yet...but that doesn't mean it won't!!!"

What is that? The players don't coach themselves. Lack of anything from one game to the next means it's either not being coached up, or the players aren't listening...what in the world does that have to do with Donnie turning a team around and what MDA did in Arizona?

I don't understand your arguments...they're all over the place.

NY17

Benchwarmer
Already seen where you posted on theganggreen.com talking about how you created a Knicks user name to "troll KnicksFanFromQueens" then quicky deleted that post. Good job guy. You & YungMelo are both from TGG... Take care you little NJ Nets fan & just so everyone knows... He's a NJ Nets fan. The same guy who trolled this site under the user name "PhillyStackz" ("624" from the GangGreen). YungMelo15 is also a Nets fan under the user name JohnThaJet on TGG. Pathetic little internet creeps. Take care & quote me all you like Net fan.

I appreciate you making a post not sucking "MDA"s ick. (He has an ick, not a dick)....but this is still a block of shit. I am no troll, I only have like 5 posts and I am in no way trolling, just discussing the Knicks. From the post above from a regular here, it seems like you have done this act before when people proved you wrong, so I'm not worried about your attempt to label me as a troll. If anything, you are the troll for forcing us to read the desperate and uneducated garbage you post on this site.

TommyMSG

Rookie
Between the outrageous Knicks homerism, creepy love for this forum, and all the paranoia crap, I wonder if Queens is a troll account himself. But I could care less.

But back on topic - I agree 100pct with nuckles. No one is expecting D'Antoni to craft the best offense AND best defense in the league, but if you're going to give him credit for our offense isn't it reasonable to blame him for our lack of defense? He's responsible for both.