Mike D'Antoni's first two seasons here.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Either of those two seasons, with a different coach, do you think we would have made the Playoffs?

I think starting Duhon over Robinson was his worst move. Duhon was only good a couple of months. Robinson played well the few games he did start as PG.

Was is lack of talent or was it the coach?

With all the hate filled posts about D'Antoni, let's not yell and gripe that much in here. Let's have explanations.

Last edited:

TommyMSG

Rookie
I can't really blame MDA for not making the playoffs his first two seasons here since it would have been pretty difficult for any coach to take those underachievers to the top.

Water under the bridge. Let's leave it at that.

Like I've stated in other threads... No coach could have led NY to the playoffs or even came close to a .500 record.

Not when your stuck with cap hell roster(s); with no ability to improve the team without 1st having to trade, release & lose talent just to add a piece.
Don't blame MDA for the Thomas failures...

Every coach (not only MDA) would of had to scrap & turn over entire roster(s), lineup(s) & rotation(s) for 2 1/2 years.

Marbury
Nate
Duhon
Douglas
Billups
Crawford
T-Mac
Fields
Gallo
Chandler
Carmelo
Lee
Curry
Z.Randolph
Darko
Mozgov
A.Randolph
Amare
Jeffries
Turiaf

Some refuse to admit; but Walsh & MDA have yet to have a fair chance to build a team . He's been forced to start well over 20 starters in less than 3 years (most in the NBA during that time). This offseason will become the 1st year that he's had a fair chance to build a playoff roster into a playoff contender. Gallo was his only returning starter from last season. We're expected to bring back 4 in Billups, Fields, Melo & Amare......

BFranks83

Rookie
Either of those two seasons, with a different coach, do you think we would have made the Playoffs?

I think starting Duhon over Robinson was his worst move. Duhon was only good a couple of months. Robinson played well the few games he did start as PG.

Was is lack of talent or was it the coach?

With all the hate filled posts about D'Antoni, let's not yell gripe that much in here. Let's have explanations.

There's only three coach I can see possibly making the playoffs over the last two years with this team, P. Jackson , Doc Rivers, and George Karl.

All three can make something out of nothing and create solid chemistry with almost any team and create solid balance. I believe one of those three would make the Knicks an 7th to 8th seed two years ago to a 4 to 5 seed this season.

la2ny

Starter
Again...
tumblr_l555puWWM11qcbio7o1_500.jpg

iSaYughh

Starter
There's only three coach I can see possibly making the playoffs over the last two years with this team, P. Jackson , Doc Rivers, and George Karl.

All three can make something out of nothing and create solid chemistry with almost any team and create solid balance. I believe one of those three would make the Knicks an 7th to 8th seed two years ago to a 4 to 5 seed this season.

....(pause)....

:magi: