Other than Amare, Randolph, Gallo, Felton: Who is the most important knick.

portega1968

El Cacique
What makes you think Roger Mason will be the unifying force? I don't ask to be negative, I'm merely curious because I honestly know very little about the guy.

just a hunch... he's a fearless shooter, adds maturity at 30 with seven years experience including time overseas, he's coming from a winning and defensive atmosphere, very much needed at the 2

although not a big stat stuffer, he did help me out when I had holes in my fantasy teams with his 3s and free throws

bear in mind he was clutch the previous season in San Antonio but an injury last year made it tougher for him to get back into the rotation after George Hill made the most of his opportunity.

I just feel he's walking into the perfect situation and will prove to be that small piece we needed to make us a winning team. I bet even Kiyaman will look back at him come April and say "damn, this was a bargain!!!"

here's another opinion I found elsewhere:

http://blogs.thescore.com/tbj/2010/08/17/the-slept-on-files-roger-mason/

some reminders of what he can do every now and then when given the chance:

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZtPEEJ7HPj4?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZtPEEJ7HPj4?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Game winners!!! (eat your heart out Jamal Crawford, jajajajja)

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/VtRuC0oRTJQ?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/VtRuC0oRTJQ?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

KBlack25

Starter
Bill Walker...this is his time.

I agree that with many guys on this team it's sink or swim. For Gallo, Walker, Buke, Chandler (AR and Douglas I can give another year) it's time to show up and take the next step. I think Walker could take the next step...but he needs a better outside shot.

Kiyaman

Legend
For the win..... Wilson Chandler has been the most important player on this
Knick team since his 2007-8 DNP rookie season when it comes to wins.
Giving Chandler 30+ minutes of playingtime at the SF spot to use his
versatile talent to score/defend on SG/SF/PF, this type of talent gives the
other 4 teammates the ability to run more offensive/defensive plays as a team.

Toney Douglas has been showing signs of being a dynamic combo-guard,
his scoring can be lethal in any quarter plus his defensive effort on PG/SG
is rewarding. Douglas only weakness is the individual-performance he used
in college was still there at the end of the season, and in his 2nd SLG tournament.

These two players have a high energy performance to become one of the
top-3 chosen for the 6th-man of the year next season.

I'm giving Azu rehabilitation a year or late midseason.

Kiyaman

Legend
I just feel he's walking into the perfect situation and will prove to be that small piece we needed to make us a winning team. I bet even Kiyaman will look back at him come April and say "damn, this was a bargain!!!"

Portega.... I dont have any complaints about Mason Jr..
Lastseason, I thought he was ex-Knick Anthony Mason son from his
strong quick performance as a combo-guard early in the season.
I'm happy about the signing of Mason. Although, I prefered Morrow.
I been on this board crying for a "Pure-SG" for the Knicks after Crawford
first season with us.

Toney Douglas for me because i think it is up to him to lead our bench unit. I think he will do a good job at this,by getting guys into position and playing hard nosed defense. A lot winning teams have great bench leaders.

Lakers Lamar -Odom
Hawks-Jamal Crawford (believe it or not)
Spurs-Manu Giniboli
Magic-Chris duhon(great bench player can help keep a lead , as a starter not so much)

Another force off the bench for me is Timofey Migov because after watching the world series I saw he has a better Bball I.Q than i thought and works the P-N-R great. Douglas and Migov should run the bench unit together to help out the starters.

portega1968

El Cacique
Portega.... I dont have any complaints about Mason Jr..
Lastseason, I thought he was ex-Knick Anthony Mason son from his
strong quick performance as a combo-guard early in the season.
I'm happy about the signing of Mason. Although, I prefered Morrow.
I been on this board crying for a "Pure-SG" for the Knicks after Crawford
first season with us.

hey, just messing with you bro... just looking forward to the day when you realize you were wrong with our team this year.

anyways, Roger Mason JUNIOR (30 years old) being Anthony (44) Mason's son? good one buddy, jajjajajaa.

Anthony Mason Jr. does play for St. Johns Red Storm.

Kiyaman

Legend
Toney Douglas for me because i think it is up to him to lead our bench unit. I think he will do a good job at this,by getting guys into position and playing hard nosed defense. A lot winning teams have great bench leaders.

Lakers Lamar -Odom
Hawks-Jamal Crawford (believe it or not)
Spurs-Manu Giniboli
Magic-Chris duhon(great bench player can help keep a lead , as a starter not so much)

Another force off the bench for me is Timofey Migov because after watching the world series I saw he has a better Bball I.Q than i thought and works the P-N-R great. Douglas and Migov should run the bench unit together to help out the starters.

u made a very great point there.
Early lastseason Toney Douglas coming off the bench looked like a bigger
steal than Blair in the 2009 draft class. Untill Damnphony put him in the
starting lineup for 2 or 3 games then DNP Douglas the next 16 games.

I would luv to see Douglas/Chandler/Ewing/Mozgov come off the bench as a
steady lineup all of this season. But Damnphony is clueless of running a
rotation bigger than 7+ players, or organizing two different units of attack.

HoopsHype evaluation of Knicks preview season has the Knicks with a 43-39
record, 2nd in the Atlantic division, and the 7th slot playoff team.
With the only bench depth player being Toney Douglas.
:crossfingers::crossfingers::crossfingers:
http://hoopshype.com/previews/2010_11/new_york.htm

just to interlude

thank you for taking this thread where I thought it should go, definitely a great break down by every one of our team and what it is capable of

just proves how deep we are, that so many players can be depended on as potential x factors

lets keep this going

Roger mason vs Douglas

Walker vs Chandler

The Muzzle vs Turiaf

I like it.

mafra

Legend
I think if we're looking at it for this year, then I would offer that Wilson Chandler is that X-factor guy (other than the big core-4 you mentioned).

If we're talking about the future.... moving forward.... than I would suggest that the Russian Mosgov is that guy.

Chandler is improtant for this season b/c he has the most talent of anyone else other than the aformentioned four players. He's probably also our #3 scoring option in the 4th quarter. He's going to be the difference maker when it comes to what our bench has to offer.

Wilson will be the 6th man. He'll play significant minutes at the end of games. We're going to need him to play defense on wing players, and to be a legitimate scoring threat on offense.

NOT TO MENTION THE FACT that if Chandler plays well, shows real growth and maturity.... and if he takes that next step... then he greatly increases his trade value. If we have any shot to get Melo at the deadline, Chandler is critical.

I SAY MOZGOV is the X-factor for the future b/c of the obvious. 7"1' athletic, pick-n-roll true center is something to behold. If he can develop a mid-range game and some post moves, learn to stay out of foul trouble along with becoming more tenacious on the glass... We could be looking at a 15ppg, 10 rpg, 2 blocks type player.

Letting Amar'e play PF brings out the best in him. If Mozgov defends the bigs, swats the little guys when they penetrate, then Stoudemire becomes a lethal help defender.