Puzzling 4th Quarter from D'antoni in MIN!

mafra

Legend
Like Nero fiddling while Rome burns, Mike D'antoni just stands there and watched Love's rebound totals go from 20 to 31, watches the 21-point lead disappear, and stick with his small "offensive" lineup while the Knicks get owned on the boards and in the paint?

This has to be the worst coaching performance I've ever seen, in any sport.

He makes 3 substitutions in the 4th quarter? Is this wrong?

I was listening on the radio, but unless I am wrong...

Felton came in for Douglas, then Douglas for Fields, than Fields for Douglas?

ARE YOU KIDING ME?

We weren't getting anything on offense from anyone.... Yet we're sitting there while WC, Gallo, Felton, Douglas, Fields were giving us nothing on the glass.

Where was Randolph or Mozgov in the 4th? How do you not throw one or BOTH in there to help out for a minute or two?

This was a classic scenario where the MD's rotation decision simply wrecked this team's chances of winning.

Fields and Douglas, or his beloved Gallo, or Chandler must sit here... Randolph should have been sent in the game.... Ordered to pull down some boards.

Fire him now please.

mafra

Legend
i agree with you bro, honestly i'd be shocked if Dam'phony is still coach come sunday

I'm looking at the box score, checking the play-by-play, because I followed game on the radio.... Is it true that Mozgov and Randolph sat the entire 4th?

61-38.

This is what MINNY did to us in the 2nd half.

It was MD who decided Amar'e should sit the entire 3rd Quarter. He could have risked it and played him when the lead was getting away.

32-16 in the 4th. Love dominating the boards. It was MD who cut his rotation to 7 players (Gallo, WC, STAT, Felton, Douglas, Fields).

Why?

It was D'ant who played THREE players for 40+ minutes (Felton, Chandler, Gallo). NO wonder why we fall apart in the 4th quarter.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
I'm looking at the box score, checking the play-by-play, because I followed game on the radio.... Is it true that Mozgov and Randolph sat the entire 4th?

Why?

No, that's not true.

What is true is that the fraudulence of D'Antoni's revolutionary approach only works in a perfect situation.

Bring back old fashioned success to NY. Let go of passion for your non traditional success, Mike. It's poppycock and should be sent back to Chernobyl.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
i honestly didnt see the game i was at work i got home thinking were up big cause we were on a run while i was on my break. i get home were down 12? wtf. then i see the box scores and read here of all the 4th quarter mishaps. im sorry but the players arent to blame here, its on the coach, you see your current rotation getting manhandled and you see a no namer( for the most part ) looking like moses malone and you have your 2 best available rebounders on the bench and your going with Chandler at the 5 just ****in retarded. Mike is stupid i hope someone with authority in the knicks organization fires this sorry excuse of a coach before sundays game.

tonight was the nail in the coffin for this guys coaching career with the knicks imo

mafra

Legend
i honestly didnt see the game i was at work i got home thinking were up big cause we were on a run while i was on my break. i get home were down 12? wtf. then i see the box scores and read here of all the 4th quarter mishaps. im sorry but the players arent to blame here, its on the coach, you see your current rotation getting manhandled and you see a no namer( for the most part ) looking like moses malone and you have your 2 best available rebounders on the bench and your going with Chandler at the 5 just ****in retarded. Mike is stupid i hope someone with authority in the knicks organization fires this sorry excuse of a coach before sundays game.

tonight was the nail in the coffin for this guys coaching career with the knicks imo

Felton was gassed. Couldn't hit easy shots in the 4th; Gallo was a ghost. Had nothing left in the tank. STAT sat the entire 3rd quarter, b/c EVEN THOUGH IT WAS A BLOWOUT coach felt like we had to keep STAT away from getting his 5th foul?

Come on. See the lead dwindling down, send him back in there!

You have to pull Gallo for Randolph when you see Love grabbing everything and Gallo not doing much.

Where is Walker for a spark?

Just a joke.

We have a 21 point lead, and we still don't go to the bench.

AGAIN.... pressure is getting to this team. 4th quarter comes and they crack at first sign of trouble. But these guys also are tired. The other team is fresh and it shows.

Paul1355

All Star
Like Nero fiddling while Rome burns, Mike D'antoni just stands there and watched Love's rebound totals go from 20 to 31, watches the 21-point lead disappear, and stick with his small "offensive" lineup while the Knicks get owned on the boards and in the paint?

This has to be the worst coaching performance I've ever seen, in any sport.

He makes 3 substitutions in the 4th quarter? Is this wrong?

I was listening on the radio, but unless I am wrong...

Felton came in for Douglas, then Douglas for Fields, than Fields for Douglas?

ARE YOU KIDING ME?

We weren't getting anything on offense from anyone.... Yet we're sitting there while WC, Gallo, Felton, Douglas, Fields were giving us nothing on the glass.

Where was Randolph or Mozgov in the 4th? How do you not throw one or BOTH in there to help out for a minute or two?

This was a classic scenario where the MD's rotation decision simply wrecked this team's chances of winning.

Fields and Douglas, or his beloved Gallo, or Chandler must sit here... Randolph should have been sent in the game.... Ordered to pull down some boards.

Fire him now please.
Fields is the only guy that should not get knocked the dude played ok but Mozgov sucked and got completely out rebounded, Randolph could of helped on the boards but he had some really bad shots and dumb turnovers, is it worth it anymore???

Amare sucked on the boards and GALLO should have never of played in the 4th he did nothing but pump fake