Quentin Grimes traded to Pistons in exchange for Bojan Bogdanovic, Alec Burks

mafra

Legend
Knicks are now deepest team in NBA. Title is now a real possibility. A star will now be begging to come join this squad. If Randle, OG and Mitch return…. They could win it all (or lose first round).

brilliant move
You think so!!
Not a big fan of Grimes but he is a lot younger than Burks. Who is the primary target here.
I would have target Murray(ATL). Still younger Burks.
I wasn’t a Burks fan when 1st got to the Knicks but he supplied the same kind of play that the player he replaced. We should’ve never traded him.
This is the same kind of stuff they did with DRose.

From what I see the Knicks have settled on the 4 starting positions players.
So the question not is where are you going to find a #1 option SG??
Do SG win REAL championships??
BE CAREFUL HOW YOU ANSWER…

Don’t see them getting a #1 option Big man.

rady

Administrator
Staff member
Not necessarily agreeing that it was a brilliant move but i do think it's a pretty good one. I've always been a fan of Burks when he was with the Knicks and i was upset when we let him go. It's true, Grimes is young and can have a promissing future but didn't fit too good in Thibs' system. His productivity improved since being demoted to the bench but the only reason why he lost his starter job was because we brought in Anunoby. DiVincenzo has been remarkable since getting the opportunity and i do believe in players that deliver when are required to. Grimes failed to deliver when he got to be a starter. Same thing with Fournier, too inconsistent and has barely played in the last two seasons. Getting two solid veterans in a moment when we're struggling with injuries can be just what this team needs to secure home court advantage by the end of the regular season.

skisloper1

Benchwarmer
Brilliant is relevant to what was available and what price the Knicks would pay and NOT overpay.

Burks and Bogdanovic are two scorers something the Bench was missing.
The Knicks are not a better and deeper team.
And we made a trade without giving up a #1 pick which is remarkable based on the past.

Dark there are a number of solid shooting guards available this summer so we shall see.
As for the starters all being back next season we should see how the season ends

To Rady and Ski... Does this seem like a short term fix to a long term problem?

Ski remember I said be careful about answering. First I said #1 option... I don't think there going to be "a number of solid shooting guards" less along #1 options. So that in it self is a problem.

Back to the trade. Short Term, HUH!! Neither players are long term solutions. If Grimes is playing better coming off the bench then Why Not Just Keep Him?? Rady, Thib's needs to go because player should fit a old out dated system. Not that I'm in love with the new NBA but the Knicks knew who Grimes was before they drafted him. No if Grimes is working well off the bench then he's fitting in the system, huh?
Not sure why OG would cause Grimes to loses his starting position.

If you secured home court is that enough for a championship?
Is this team this Good?? Maybe for a conference finals and a Big Maybe!!
Where is the #1 options?

Kiyaman

Legend
Have Fournier been working out staying in shape this season .. if so Piston's got a better perimeter shooter than the Knicks got in two players. I started looking forward to using Fournier's ending contract $18M in the FA market in the 2024 offseason.
Plus the Pistons young star Cunningham & rebounder center Duren will get a young defensive-minded player Grimes in their rotation lineup to co-exist with the young PG Ivey .... The Piston's are building a young rotation team.

rady

Administrator
Staff member
To Rady and Ski... Does this seem like a short term fix to a long term problem?

Ski remember I said be careful about answering. First I said #1 option... I don't think there going to be "a number of solid shooting guards" less along #1 options. So that in it self is a problem.

Back to the trade. Short Term, HUH!! Neither players are long term solutions. If Grimes is playing better coming off the bench then Why Not Just Keep Him?? Rady, Thib's needs to go because player should fit a old out dated system. Not that I'm in love with the new NBA but the Knicks knew who Grimes was before they drafted him. No if Grimes is working well off the bench then he's fitting in the system, huh?
Not sure why OG would cause Grimes to loses his starting position.

If you secured home court is that enough for a championship?
Is this team this Good?? Maybe for a conference finals and a Big Maybe!!
Where is the #1 options?

When you are trading a 23 year old for a couple of 32/34 year olds you are not trying to fix something on the long run, at best on medium term (if medium here means 2024).
Grimes’ numbers got better since coming off the bench and that is great for him in the first place and awesome for us in the second place. On one hand he stays motivated to perform every night, on the other hand his value stays up and we are being able to get something in return.

At the same time, his increased productivity isn’t in my opinion a reason to keep him since we already have 3 other guys that can replace him at any time. Four players at the SG position, in a system like the one Thibodeau runs, where rarely 5 guys come off the bench means that 2 of 4 guards will hardly get any playtime. Keep Grimes and in one year he would get stuck on the bench and no team would draw any interested in him. Trade him now for a guy like Burks, who is more consistent and can do anything Grimes does and also get a guy like Bogdanovic who can support our frontcourt - depleted now by two starters - and the deal looks like a no brainer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mafra

Legend
DDV is only 27. Hr supplanted Grimes. QG didn’t explode like you want to see from a kid in year 3.

Leon Rose has done a fantastic job turning the roster over. Look at the production from Randle, Brunson, Hartenstein, DDV and look at those contracts. Knicks have all those first rounders…. Leon didn’t have high lottery picks and couldn’t convince a top dawg to come here…. Still, look at what he’s built. I’ve been hard on him but he’s built a quality roster.

skisloper1

Benchwarmer
I agree. Proof for now is in the win column. Of course come playoffs we will really see.
If the Knicks do not get to the Eastern Finals then big moved will have to be made.