Ready to talk 2022-23 NBA .. ESPN Ranking .. Knicks # 20

mafra

Legend
Wsup Mafra .. Don't get me wrong I have big props for Brunson performance.
All I'm saying, the media are putting super-big expectation on Brunson making the Knicks a playoff team.
When the Knicks biggest problem winning wasn't just the missing PG last season.
The Knicks starter lineup (Fournier/Barrett/Randle) could never pull it together as a trio to perform like team-players throughout the 82 game season.
And coach Thibs decision-making was never able to fix any of the problems in the starter lineup !!!

I think the expectations (with national media) with Brunson is that NYK will battle for the 8-10 spots? a bubble team.

The Knicks don?t want to sell low on Randle, give away a first rounder to dump him on to somebody. No need to do that now bc you can always entertain that idea later?

The hope is that Brunson runs the offense, taking ball out of RJ and Randle?s hands, which might make them more efficient. We shall see.

A healthy D-Rose and Brunson closing games is what will be the difference this year. They make playoffs (bubble) of Rose didn?t miss 50 games. If RJ makes a 4th year leap and Randle returns to form and team is playing well, then they can look to move Julius at deadline (after recouping some value).

Plus, what if Obi doesn?t improve and show something? And Randle is meshing?

I?m excited to see how they fit?

Brunson
Grimes
RJ
Randle
Robinson

Fournier 6th man / Hart backup big

DRose, IQ, Obi, Cam running the second unit.

I just hope Thibbs plays 10-11 guys and keeps them fresh and running and applying pressure then reward the best 5 come final 10 minutes.

I would quickly sign Iggy and Gallinari to mentor RJ Barrett & Obi Toppin ..
Our forwards became our biggest weakness last season .. It were the reason the MSG fans kept downing Randle .. Randle & Barrett did a very poor job last seasons at the forward position. Losing a game after having a 20 point lead is bad, but losing two games ..... made me miss Bullocks great multi-position defense !!!

It?s beyond mentor time for RJ. The dye is cast for him and the Knicks. Nothing good is going to happen for either. This shows what happens when you have ignore a mistake. The Knicks don?t have a future.
I?m not blaming Randle for nothing. You put all your eggs in the RJ basket and blame Randle. Team?s defense were gauged to stop Randle which should have open the other side. Did It?? RJ can?t carry a team.
All this crazy talk about trading Randle is just what it is CRAZY!!

skisloper1

Benchwarmer
It?s beyond mentor time for RJ. The dye is cast for him and the Knicks. Nothing good is going to happen for either. This shows what happens when you have ignore a mistake. The Knicks don?t have a future.
I?m not blaming Randle for nothing. You put all your eggs in the RJ basket and blame Randle. Team?s defense were gauged to stop Randle which should have open the other side. Did It?? RJ can?t carry a team.
All this crazy talk about trading Randle is just what it is CRAZY!!

dark your negative views about RJ are in every post. WE GET IT.

RJ believers or YOU will be proven wrong this season. When the time comes one of us will have no choice but to agree with the other.

dark your negative views about RJ are in every post. WE GET IT.

RJ believers or YOU will be proven wrong this season. When the time comes one of us will have no choice but to agree with the other.

Ski, in my two posts before I reply back to Kiya. Those posts where about Thib?s and not signing another PG Schroder.

I wrote 3 or 4 paragraphs after the above but I deleted them.

Just prove he deserve to be starting?? Just prove he deserve to be starting??
I know? You know?

skisloper1

Benchwarmer
Ski, in my two posts before I reply back to Kiya. Those posts where about Thib?s and not signing another PG Schroder.

I wrote 3 or 4 paragraphs after the above but I deleted them.

Just prove he deserve to be starting?? Just prove he deserve to be starting??
I know? You know?

because his coach says so..........

skisloper1

Benchwarmer

i will add this........

On a positive note Dolan was not involved in the Mitchell trade which is evidence we did not do something stupid and that RJ could have been part of the deal. Dolan would have traded Grimes no question asked but would have wanted RJ which i disagree with.

on another note as the max salary will continue to rise players like RJ, Randle and Brunson in the mid 20 million dollars will all have easy contracts to trade if this Knicks team does not work out.

You are absolutely? positively 100% correct!!

You also know that does nothing to eliminate the many problems that I see as well as other. All you did was to justify mine and other position.

BB is a competitive sport!! You EARN a position? You EARN starting.

You would have been better serve by saying(if could but you couldn?t) ?Because He EARN IT?!!

Ski, you have nothing to fight with because he given you nothing to fight with. That is why it ?next year? or ?this is his break out season? or ?he only 19,20,21? or ? just wait until he turns 25?.
Is a Championship in the near future?? That word is never mentioned in any conversations concerning him. NEVER!!

i will add this........

On a positive note Dolan was not involved in the Mitchell trade which is evidence we did not do something stupid and that RJ could have been part of the deal. Dolan would have traded Grimes no question asked but would have wanted RJ which i disagree with.

on another note as the max salary will continue to rise players like RJ, Randle and Brunson in the mid 20 million dollars will all have easy contracts to trade if this Knicks team does not work out.

There nothing positive if he still a Knicks!!
Everyday you and I wake-up to the same problem as Knick fans. Like it or Not!!

mafra

Legend
I have to admit I was wrong about QG? here?s why the NYK valued him so highly in the DM trade negations?.

He?s a cheap, controlled asset on a rookie deal. A willing and impactful defender?.

Grimes shot the three historically well and confidently for a rookie. Fewer than 50 rookies in the history of the game shot above 38 percent from deep on his total attempts, and just five did so on his per-36 minute volume. Grimes pulled 8.7 treys over the course of a basketball game, whether a step beyond the arc or with a defender draped on him.

Not only does his quick trigger exhibit fearlessness, but combined with the lift on his jumper makes it very difficult to fully contest. Grimes hit a remarkable 41.9 percent of his threes with a defender between two and four feet away, per NBA.com?s tracking data, matching what the eye test suggests.

https://www.sny.tv/articles/why-knicks-valued-quentin-grimes-so-highly

Kiyaman

Legend

Because the Knicks FO (3rd pick) says so ....
Yes, Barrett will step up to impress next season, after the confidence extension.

Mafra .... I like Grimes when we put a defensive lineup on the court, but Fournier's a top scoring SG, and Quickley's a creative combo-guard .. And if D.Rose leadership is healthy to start the regular season the Knicks backcourt rotation (Brunson, D.Rose, Fournier, Quickley) will be competitive in the East. Hoping coach Thibs stick to a 10 man rotation throughout the first half of the season.

I am surprise that KO don't have any Fournier fans putting up his silver medal in the Fiba games ....