Round 1: New York Knicks vs Philadelphia 76ers 7:30 pm 4/22/2024 [Game #2]

jimkcchief88

All Star
Reggie Miller fiasco has been exorcised. Lowry missed a FT… Philly up 5… 4% chance to win game at this point… Brunson misses a 3…. JB 15-45 in the series (1-11 from downtown)… NYK get rebound but Lowry strips the ball… we recover loose ball and JB clanks rim, ball bounces skyward but then the tide turns… it falls through the net! Lowry bad inbounds pass, Maxey hits floor… Knicks get the steal…. DDV misses 3, but IH grabs off rebound… this time DDV goes Bang! Knicks up 1. Maxey cuts through defense like butter for layup but IH blocks shot! NYK get rebound. OG sinks 2 FT. Somehow with 5 second left, up 3, Knicks don’t foul. Embiid gets a good look…. Why! But he misses! Knicks win! Knicks win! Mecca frenzy at MSG! Who would’ve believed it! If I didn’t see it!!! Out of disgust I turned game off down 4 with Lowry going to FT live. Something told me to turn it back on!
Best playoff win I’ve seen since the Allen Houston playoff game saver! That’s the type of improbable win that galvanizes a team. This squad has taken on Thibbs personality. They don’t give up. As a Chiefs fan I can recognize championship swagger!!! This squad is going to be a TOUGH out!

mafra

Legend
Game 5 to knock out Heat! Also bounced off rim and then drops in!

Murray drains game winner at buzzer to beat LAK.

Home teams are 11-0

Philly R1 MIL R2. If Knicks get to ECF, they be playing with house $$$

jimkcchief88

All Star
Thibs changed the mentality ..... it is 90s Knicks mentality
Yessir tough guards tough defense timely offense Kenny kept talking about Thibbs offensive system can you believe it Bullies ran Thibbs out of town said he couldn’t coach offense!!! Josh Hart T straight from NYC working wonders I’ll have it washed and ready for Thursday woot!!!!

mafra

Legend
Who recalls 1995… Game 1… ECF. Reggie Miller shoved Greg Anthony from behind… steals Mason’s inbounds pass intended for GA… swish. 8 points in a nanosecond. Cost Ewing a title maybe.

Who recalls NBa suspending Ewing in 1997, bc PJ Ward flung Charlie Ward into Staten Island and Patrick stepped off bench and his big toe crossed the court line?

Who recalls 2012 Game 6 in Indy, when verticality Hibbert and Pacers had a 46-18 FT advantage?

All of that contributed to make last night so much sweeter.

rady

Administrator
Staff member
NBA's L2M analyzed the much-contested play and confirmed that Maxey was fouled, and that Nurse called a timeout. Somehow, I am not surprised at all about this; mistakes can be made, and the Knicks know better. Refs could have called a foul against Maxey seconds earlier when he pushed Hart, and SHOULD have given Embiid the technical in the first quarter when he elbowed Hart.

Now, was this the reason why Philly lost the game? Hardly. They had the win in their hands and had so many other options to secure it but failed. In the heat of the moment, refs and players can make mistakes. Did the Knicks deserve to win? As a Knicks fan, I couldn't be happier, and I'll defend them to the last breath. But realistically speaking, both teams fought hard and both deserved to win.

At the same time, I can say without a doubt the Knicks were the better TEAM. And I emphasize "TEAM" because this is what the Knicks are. A team that can rely on any available piece to deliver when the first option has a night off. Even two. On the other hand, the Sixers relied on a sick player and an injured one. Harris was the only other guy to score 10 points. Their bench was trash straight up. Especially in game one.

The game has 3 official and it amazes me how they all miss that call and other. They are position to see all aspects of a play being run.
In that situation given the fact that every movement is judged. This play was not away from ball but with the ball itself. So how do you miss that call.
The creation of false beliefs in this team in the end isn’t good. Home cooking isn’t a good thing for the home team. ALWAYS REMEMBER YOU HAVE TO LEAVE HOME AND PLAY SOMEWHERE ELSE!!
Know how to play and survive without home cooking or bad calls.