Thank You Obi Toppin !!!

Kiyaman

Legend
I'm a Fan Favorite of the chemistry our two 2020-21 Rookies Toppin and Quickley brang to the court !!!

On July 1st. The Knicks FO traded a top 8 Lottery pick Obi Toppin for two future 2nd rounders the team may never receive.
Which add to the mystery question of fans:
What was the urgency of trading Obi Toppin for nothing, instead of giving it a try for at least another couple of months, and trading him later in the season?
The Knicks did NOT need to trade Obi to offer DDV the full MLE,
As soon as Josh Hart opted into his Player option the Knicks had the required space.
The Knicks FO we're under absolutely 0 pressure or need to trade Obi.
I mean, what was the urgency in getting rid of one of the Knicks reliable future players?

The trade deal does give Obi Toppin an opportunity to play a more significant role on the Indiana Pacers.
The Pacers have one of the leagues top 10 offensive coaches in Rick Carlisle.
Plus Carlisle's been one of the best PG head coaches in the league for over a decade.
A moving without the ball Obi Toppin's quickness & athleticism hops will fit well in Rick Carlisle offensive scheme next season, especially alongside the young 20-10 all-star PG Haliburton.

Brunson & Randle vs Haliburton & Toppin next season ???

Obi is just one in many that this Front Office got rid of.
Let hope that he will get the playing time from Indy.
I was never high on Obi but he was much better than Q.
Even not being high on him… he deserved better than the Knicks.
U know… whatever that shouting match was between him and Thib’s must have been something.
THEY GOT RID OF THE WRONG PERSON!!

Kiyaman

Legend
Obi is just one in many that this Front Office got rid of.
Let hope that he will get the playing time from Indy.
I was never high on Obi but he was much better than Q.
Even not being high on him… he deserved better than the Knicks.
U know… whatever that shouting match was between him and Thib’s must have been something.
THEY GOT RID OF THE WRONG PERSON!!

In three seasons Rick Carlisle created PG Brunson.
In one season Rick Carlisle created a 20-10 PG Haliburton (32 min games)
In one season Rick Carlisle will create a 20-10 PF Obi Toppin (32 min games)
Next season Rick Carlisle Pacers will be building a team on the Haliburton & Toppin show.

I'm in Virginia now, and force to watch free .. The Tyus & Poole show under head coach Wes Unseld Jr., do their best at building a play-in team out of a Washington Wizards team having a weak frontcourt (SF, PF, Center) roster.