Where is Mozgov

Scipio

Benchwarmer
Why has Dantoni stopped giving Mozgov any minutes?

He had a shaky start to the season but during the last three or four games in which he played he had started to improve. His defence was better, he was setting better screens and he had begun to show some threat on offence.

Since his improvement no D`Antoni has benched him and kept him there. Given that no D was saying that he loved the guys skills and started the season with him it seems odd that he has just vanished. It may just be that the winning streak meant that no d didn`t want to change anything.

I hate no D`s short rotation. If it keeps up then STAT and the boys will be burn`t completely out. I`d like to see Mozgov play because having watched him during the summer I was incredibly impressed with him. He just needs minutes to gain much needed experience and I`m positive that Timofey would be a really good player for us. A defensive minded shot blocking 7`1 centre.

p0nder

Starter
D'ant is stuck between a rock and a hard place. He feels the pressure to win now. He knows it's playoffs or bust for him and he's doing everything he can to ensure that we get wins. That means he's hesitant to expand the rotation and give development minutes to guys like Mozgov and AR.

However he needs these guys to develop and perform and be a part of the rotation in order to win once we get to the playoffs. He knows that the rotation needs to expand slightly and that he needs a few pieces to either develop or come into the team, but we are into the real meat of the schedule now. With the bad start and the recent success the short rotation has had he will be very reluctant to put in the rookies/projects unless it's garbage minutes. I don't think we'll see much from those guys until we have a little bit of a bigger lead over 7th 8th and 9th in the east and even then only in games where we are confident on the win.

Moz will just mess up the flow. He's a straight up butcher who's only useful attribute at this time is to lay the smack down on anyone that comes in the lane (at least thats what I would have him do). Unforunately we can't muster a big enough lead to put him in the game. He's another dude that should be in the D-league working on his game.