OK MDA its on you NOW!!!

I'm not looking for a chip this year (although it would be nice) but we gotta make some serious noise in the dance. PERIOD. You got some pieces. I need you to be a bit more versatile with your in game decisions and your players. If we need defense in the post I dont expect to see Shaun Williams on Garnett or Superman. I need to see some charges taken. I need not to see a congo line to the basket. We'll score with anybody, but we need stops also...

I'm thinking at least 2nd round and a game seven...

Red

TYPE-A
I'm not looking for a chip this year (although it would be nice) but we gotta make some serious noise in the dance. PERIOD. You got some pieces. I need you to be a bit more versatile with your in game decisions and your players. If we need defense in the post I dont expect to see Shaun Williams on Garnett or Superman. I need to see some charges taken. I need not to see a congo line to the basket. We'll score with anybody, but we need stops also...

I'm thinking at least 2nd round and a game seven...

Should I get this started with the
"We still don't have a defensive team as in players" argument

I'll follow that up with

"Melo nor Stat are great defenders"

Go with...

"Billups is old"

A little..

"We are still new and undermanned, need time to gel"

.....you get it.

Expct nothing. This is all gravy til...

la2ny

Starter
Yeah we definitley should be a 2nd round team. We aren't defensive minded and our coach definitely is not, but we our capable of stops for stretches. There are only 2 teams I can see that are officially better than us. I believe that is Boston and Miami. I believe we could push Chicago with what we had but not beat them in 7. Now with Melo, I believe we can beat them in a 7 game series. I mean who would stop Melo? And Amar'e rapes Boozer when he plays against him.

Should I get this started with the
"We still don't have a defensive team as in players" argument

I'll follow that up with

"Melo nor Stat are great defenders"

Go with...

"Billups is old"

A little..

"We are still new and undermanned, need time to gel"

.....you get it.

Expct nothing. This is all gravey til...

I cant go with that now. When you put talent like this together even they expect to be lead the right way. Playing one side of the court isnt the right way.

KingofNy

Starter
Yeah we definitley should be a 2nd round team. We aren't defensive minded and our coach definitely is not, but we our capable of stops for stretches. There are only 2 teams I can see that are officially better than us. I believe that is Boston and Miami. I believe we could push Chicago with what we had but not beat them in 7. Now with Melo, I believe we can beat them in a 7 game series. I mean who would stop Melo? And Amar'e rapes Boozer when he plays against him.

That's the company line but mostly all of our losses came because we don't get the stops we need during those "important" stretches. I can't even count how many open shots Cleveland had tonight alone in the last 5 minutes of the game. That's without even getting into being outrebounded by 20+ boards. We can't continue to give these crappy teams confidence in the beginning of the game.

We could of had tonight's game put away in the first quarter if our guys weren't playing flat-footed D and failing to box out for rebounds. Their little guys rebounded better than our bigs. I hope D'Antoni gets ripped in the press this weekend. He needs it...I'm tired of his excuses. Let's see who he tries to blame tonight for our team's lack of D. Without a crowd cheering them on, they barely play D. I'm disgusted tonight.

la2ny

Starter
That's the company line but mostly all of our losses came because we don't get the stops we need during those "important" stretches. I can't even count how many open shots Cleveland had tonight alone in the last 5 minutes of the game. That's without even getting into being outrebounded by 20+ boards. We can't continue to give these crappy teams confidence in the beginning of the game.

We could of had tonight's game put away in the first quarter if our guys weren't playing flat-footed D and failing to box out for rebounds. Their little guys rebounded better than our bigs. I hope D'Antoni gets ripped in the press this weekend. He needs it...I'm tired of his excuses. Let's see who he tries to blame tonight for our team's lack of D. Without a crowd cheering them on, they barely play D. I'm disgusted tonight.
Yeah I hear you. This is disheartning. You have so much hope and optimism and then BAM! back to reality. SMH

KingofNy

Starter
Gotta go, gotta go!!!

+1.

The only thing better for our team other than the aquisition of Melo will be the firing of O'Antoni...

And...

As I said earlier, he's not even that good running an offense, he just runs a small lineup to run the break all game to run the score up. How many damn times tonight did he just have us isolate either Melo or Amare at the wing when it was blatently obvious they were cold and the refs were whistle happy? Byron Scott was smart and knew the refs were calling everything and he had his team just drive the lane every play to get to the line.

Also, If we even played a lick of defense, we could beat most teams in the league.

I said this in another thread and it was laughed at. You shut down a teams confidence early. Let them know you're gonna be there when that shot goes up. It becomes much harder to shoot as the game goes along.

Out boarded by 20? You do realize if Sheldon Williams gets three rebounds in this game thats three less offensive rebounds for them and we probably win. We got totally out muscled, yet the guy that could help us some with this rides the pine.:rolling:

KingofNy

Starter
I wish D'antoni gets fired and we bring in JVG again.

I would jump up and down for joy if we brought JVG back. I don't think the Knicks will be back until we get a good coach.

A good coach could beat Cleveland playing a lineup 4 of our players against their 5. D'Antoni is just garbage. He has NO idea how to effectively coach and motivate a team to play the game especially defense.

I would jump up and down for joy if we brought JVG back. I don't think the Knicks will be back until we get a good coach.

A good coach could beat Cleveland playing a lineup 4 of our players against their 5. D'Antoni is just garbage. He has NO idea how to effectively coach and motivate a team to play the game especially defense.
I honestly think Mike D'antoni doesn't know Sh*t about defense.

The Garden '95

Benchwarmer

i dont know about jumping up and down but firing mike i would probably drink a few brews to that.

KingofNy

Starter
I said this in another thread and it was laughed at. You shut down a teams confidence early. Let them know you're gonna be there when that shot goes up. It becomes much harder to shoot as the game goes along.

Out boarded by 20? You do realize if Sheldon Williams gets three rebounds in this game thats three less offensive rebounds for them and we probably win. We got totally out muscled, yet the guy that could help us some with this rides the pine.:rolling:

I know man some people have no clue. Those people that laugh need to go back and rewatch the game and see how many times are guys didn't even bother to fight around screens... 4 Knicks would be sitting under the basket watching them shoot an open shot and then not box out their one rebounder. Just look at how many points they gave up off of offensive rebounds. We'll never win in the playoffs with the combination of bad coaching and lazy D/rebounding.

The Garden '95

Benchwarmer
I know man some people have no clue. Those people that laugh need to go back and rewatch the game and see how many times are guys didn't even bother to fight around screens... 4 Knicks would be sitting under the basket watching them shoot an open shot and then not box out their one rebounder. Just look at how many points they gave up off of offensive rebounds. We'll never win in the playoffs with the combination of bad coaching and lazy D/rebounding.

yea since mikes been here you have seen guys basically try and get threw a screen then just say aww f*** it and stop.