Why arent We more Excited ?

We made the playoffs for the first time since 2003-2004.

think of this way for perspective purposes; the last time we made the playoffs we were swept in the first round by the NETS lol.

moving forward.

Seriously, why are we so angry, jaded, frustrated, confused, talking about who our coach will be next year, when realistically we should be

pretty
damned

stoked

we are going to get to watch at the max 4-5 playoff games, hopefully more.

but regardless this is the start, the experience factor, tony douglas, walker, williams, fields, all our youth will get experience playing on the big stage

where you grow as players, this is such a positive a good thing

and Amare, Billups Anthony, have strong deep playoff experience, championship finals mvp experience, giving us a neculeous that can actually surprise some one

while I hate our coach and believe he is the wrong man to take us to the title land

I will support him moving forward, just out of pure excitement to be watching a game where NBA playoffs is lamenating onto the garden floor.

so no more negativity from DFDH.

We made the Playoffs

THE KNICKS

are

a PLAYOFF team.

: )

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
We made the playoffs for the first time since 2003-2004.

think of this way for perspective purposes; the last time we made the playoffs we were swept in the first round by the NETS lol.

moving forward.

Seriously, why are we so angry, jaded, frustrated, confused, talking about who our coach will be next year, when realistically we should be

pretty
damned

stoked

we are going to get to watch at the max 4-5 playoff games, hopefully more.

but regardless this is the start, the experience factor, tony douglas, walker, williams, fields, all our youth will get experience playing on the big stage

where you grow as players, this is such a positive a good thing

and Amare, Billups Anthony, have strong deep playoff experience, championship finals mvp experience, giving us a neculeous that can actually surprise some one

while I hate our coach and believe he is the wrong man to take us to the title land

I will support him moving forward, just out of pure excitement to be watching a game where NBA playoffs is lamenating onto the garden floor.

so no more negativity from DFDH.

We made the Playoffs

THE KNICKS

are

a PLAYOFF team.

: )

Well come on. You can't go all bi-polar on us. What are your concerns for the 1st round if it's:

a) Against Boston?
b) Against Miami?

I have my own. You show me yours and I'll show you mine. :l

Great post Harper.

It takes a true fan of his team to put aside his differences & actually support the coach that led us (with the help of Amare) to the playoffs for the first time in 7 years.

It's good to see you finially come around with insightful post's about our team instead of MDA dislike types of post's. +1 Harper & +1 for supporting the long forgotten Harper himself.

Now you know how I feel! I've been excited & enjoying this season for what it's been worth since landing Amare during the offseason; a chance to make the playoffs led by an NBA top 10 superstar.

I couldn't have asked for anything more than that man, especially after 10+ years of laughing stock basketball with NO HOPE of better days.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Great post Harper.

It takes a true fan of his team to put aside his differences & actually support the coach that led us (with the help of Amare) to the playoffs for the first time in 7 years.

It's good to see you finially come around with insightful post's about our team instead of MDA dislike types of post's.

Not only do I guarantee you that his differences are completely intact, but I also guarantee you that his former posts were absolutely insightful. More so, even.

If you think about it, you're actually being rather rude. Seriously.

I didn't mean it to be rude in the least way. I enjoy Harper as a poster but lately he's only talked about the coach & it's nice to see his insigbt on the team & players.

I don't wanna argue with you Crazy because I also enjoy what you bring to this site but don't talk about being rather rude when you've been nothing but stone cold rude to me since I've been here. I've never once told you to GTFO of here or went off-topic with any of the good threads you've created etc etc. I've defend myself against you which is natural & apart of being a man but I've never disrespected you.

bboycustom92

Benchwarmer
come on guys, he's right. We have enough potential to beat miami or boston. I don't think we will beat them, but at least we get a chance, unlike the past 6 years...

haha on the real to real

I even said it in my initial post for this thread, that While I still am against dantoni as a coach

as a knicks fan, I have to allow myself to enjoy a playoff appearance, and notate the positives.

in terms of insight.
I dont ever provide drab insightlacking information on this site, when I post, I post for real.

so my stance is intact, I have no wavered, nor am I bi-polar. I just recognize whats in front of me, a play off appearance and for a 22 year reign that I have had as an obsessed die hard fan.

I have to let myself enjoy this moment

its like being in a dysfunctional relationship, you have to still learn to sit back and smile and enjoy days like christmas or thanksgiving or youll driveyourself crazy/

New New York

Quiet Storm
Truthfully the reason why more fans are not more excited is 2 reasons, 1 is that this could be as good as it gets for us and 2. when we got Melo the playoffs were no longer the standard.

If we still had our old core of players and we made it to the playoffs and while in playoffs put up a pretty good fight, then this wouldve been a successful season for us with a bright future ahead.

But.....we acquired another Superstar level player which increased our standard, thus if this team just goes down in the first round then it would be a major disappointment.

Not to mention that we have limited (at best) resources to make any moves unless the cap is increased significantly next year, so basically what we see now may be what we have moving forward, so again the concern is that this is all we are going to ever be.

I am happy to be watching Post Season Basketball (honestly Playoff Games at MSG are better than anywhere else) but our team just lost 9 of 10, kinda hard to be overly excited about them

could we knock off Boston, Chi or Mia?....sure, I know each of those teams would rather a matchup with The Sixers than us but each of those teams could realistically sweep us too.

Lets see how it plays out!!!

skisloper

Starter
So may people on this site bitch and moan that the media destroys the Knicks...

Why does everyone think we will lose in the first round.

We have beaten the Bulls twice. ( old knicks )
Beaten Miami twice ( old and new )
Celtics are hurting and Rondo is not playing good ball.

Man o man if there was every a better scenario for us.....

There is no team in the East we cannot beat in a series....

The West with the Mavericks and Lakers its another story.

WTF.....get pumped...

iSaYughh

Starter

WTF.....get pumped...

Co-sign.

Sure we will be Vegas underdogs. But in the best of ways...we got house money, are in the rise regardless...

And we have a legit chance to perform one of the most satisfying, epic upsets in the playoffs ive seen in years:

Bulls (it's Chicago...the overhyped chosen one on their team)
Miami (lebron...Riley....lebron...lebron....yes)
Cripples (it's Boston. We can close the casket on their contender window and hearts of the boston scum fanbase)

I'm happy we aren't playing ATL, personally.

New New York

Quiet Storm

WTF.....get pumped...

There is a fine line between being a downer (like the media is against us) and being a fan who is realistic about the team's expectations!

We have not shown at any point this season that we can defend or rebound which is not going to get it done in the playoffs.

Are we going to be a tough team to play in a series? Yup! But we don't rebound or defend well enough to get amped like we are going to knock off a top team for sure.

Harper is right we need to take this time to just get pumped for the playoffs i mean lets be honest 2004 was a fugazey appearance so that dosent even count

Last time the knicks truly earned a spot in the playoffs was 01 i was a sophmore in H.S. back then if feel nice t wacth the knicks in my adult years in the playoffs. Knicks and playoffs were always automatic when i was growing up these past years Ive been in a wilderness

I expect them to make some noise scare some teams maybe make it to the second round if we face Miami doubt it against BOS

Here's one to all the fans on the site we made it now knock one back and enjoy the moment we in the PLAYOFFS!!!!!!!!!:beer:

iSaYughh

Starter
There is a fine line between being a downer (like the media is against us) and being a fan who is realistic about the team's expectations!

We have not shown at any point this season that we can defend or rebound which is not going to get it done in the playoffs.

Are we going to be a tough team to play in a series? Yup! But we don't rebound or defend well enough to get amped like we are going to knock off a top team for sure.

We have, though. Against, even especially against...better teams.

It has just been w extraordinary inconsistency.

Given our D hinges so much on bursts of "effort" and "intensity"; particularly from Carmelo, STAT....and Billups,

It gives legitimate reason, and certainly enough to expectedly hope, that nyk PLAYOFFS against high profile teams will bring out the absolute best in our effort and intensity.

Harper is right we need to take this time to just get pumped for the playoffs i mean lets be honest 2004 was a fugazey appearance so that dosent even count

Last time the knicks truly earned a spot in the playoffs was 01 i was a sophmore in H.S. back then if feel nice t wacth the knicks in my adult years in the playoffs. Knicks and playoffs were always automatic when i was growing up these past years Ive been in a wilderness

I expect them to make some noise scare some teams maybe make it to the second round if we face Miami doubt it against BOS

Here's one to all the fans on the site we made it now knock one back and enjoy the moment we in the PLAYOFFS!!!!!!!!!:beer:

co-sign

you got the point, mood, temperment of the thread.

it was not to analyze whether we will do well, whether we have a good or bad coach, you know my feelings bout the flaws of this team,and our coach

I just wanted people to actually take a step back, deep breath and realize

we made the playoffs

be a lil bit happy lol

we made the playoffs lol

p0nder

Starter
Are expectations higher right now tho then before we got Melo and billups?

I will admit I feel more confident having them on the team, but does having them mean that it's ECF or bust this year for the team or else you will be majorly disappointed?

I'm with DFDH on this more then New New York. We have finally made the playoffs with a team that has some decent talent and is going to scare some top seeds. If we lose in 6 to Boston i'll be disappointed but I don't think i'll be in "fire the coach, trade STAT, kill dolan" mode. In fact it'll be quite the opposite. And there is a good chance that this team will actually outplay expectations and opponents.

These knicks are all about the big game, the bright lights, New York Playoff Basketball. Mr. Big Shot, The Most Clutch Player on the Planet, and the Best Power Forward in the Game are gonna bring it every night in the playoffs. These three players are as good or better then any big 3 out there and dominate at each of their positions.

Every analyst and basketball know-it-all are saying that the Knicks got no chance against the top 3 in the east. I am DYING for the playoffs to start so they can all eat their words. Knicks are gonna beast on any team sleepin' on how good they are. Chicago doesn't want to slip to 2nd cause they are afraid of facing us. Boston just lost the only guy with a realistic chance of slowing STAT down, Shaq, and some of their other Big's are hurting too. What are they gonna do? put Jeff Green on STAT? Miami is a bunch of pussies that were afraid of the New York spotlight. What do you think will happen when the bright lights are shining squarely on them in New York? The heat will MELT.

There's a lot of reasons the knicks can go above and beyond expectations these playoffs so actually I'm leaning more towards New New York's side of things. If we face off with chi/bos/mia in the first round and don't win, ima be disappointed.

GO NY GO NY GO!

knicksman20

Benchwarmer
I feel you DFDH & P0nder (no homo). You guys have heard my stance as well but I hope we do some damage & bring BOS or Miami down to earth by beating either or both of them. I really hope we can beat BOS so I can watch Melo mock him & do laps around Boston Arena ala his lame ass victory lap. I can't stand paul Pierce & hope Melo torches him all series. We might even get to see LBJ shed a tear or two after Melo hits another game winner in his face.

Co-sign.

Sure we will be Vegas underdogs. But in the best of ways...we got house money, are in the rise regardless...

And we have a legit chance to perform one of the most satisfying, epic upsets in the playoffs ive seen in years:

Bulls (it's Chicago...the overhyped chosen one on their team)
Miami (lebron...Riley....lebron...lebron....yes)
Cripples (it's Boston. We can close the casket on their contender window and hearts of the boston scum fanbase)

I'm happy we aren't playing ATL, personally.
Don't forget Eddy Curry.